Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

It was garbage before but I managed.

This is fu king insane.
Stop this **** right now and roll back.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-03-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:25 PM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

My complaint is the splitting of last word in the thread titles. Instead of taking the entire word and placing it on the next line, it splits the word and may only put the last letter or two on the next line,

I took a screenshot, colored it up real pretty-like to illustrate my point, but it appears as though posting photos is still in the testing stage.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

It's bloody horrible.
The sites almost unusable on a tablet.
The related threads aren't.
Hate it.
Please put me back on the regular option.

Edit: found how to switch back. Thank goodness for that. What a fiasco.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 PM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I do not like it. I switched back.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Otto Mechanic
Retards,
Old 08-03-2017, 12:30 AM
awd>
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan in the least. I switched back to standard/old.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I hate it

The new format is a fail. My IE11 refuses to load it properly.

Previous format worked every time. It wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed. Please dump the "infinite scroll."

How do I go back? I thought I'd seen a post with instructions, but now I can't find it.

This WAS my #1 favorite website. Now it's a mess.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'17 RS7
Old 08-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
If you scroll back up slightly on an ipad the top bar will appear with a link directly to the GT4 subforum, or whichever subforum the thread you are reading is in.
I keeps scrolling up, you can't catch it. I switched back anyway.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:43 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

No matter what style I select, I have a ton more whitespace in the usercp around the text. The font size might have gone back to where it was but the page is still bloated with whitespace, making it significantly harder to consume on small-screen laptops.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:42 AM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We made a mistake posting..its confusing....
Old 08-03-2017, 03:34 PM
jheis
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I stumbled onto the new format yesterday.

I attempted to reply to a post and my reply ended up in the "related thread" (which was not in any way related to the thread I was attempting to respond to).

I don't want to have to "RTFM" just to post. I still don't see a simple way to respond to a thread. Not sure where this reply is going to end up....
Old 08-03-2017, 05:36 PM
IB Nolan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate every comment in this thread and thank you all for the patience as we make adjustments.

We have adjusted the text line height to help with some of the empty space. Other top priority changes based on feedback include fixing photo uploads for iOS devices, font change back to previous smaller size, and option to disable related threads for logged in.

Originally Posted by pfbz
Also, typically set a larger-than-standard number of posts per page... Takes a tiny bit longer to load, but you need to load less often. Get to a end of a page, load the next, and you can read for a while without interruption. And the READER controls when the interruption occurs...

With infinite scroll, you end up randomly waiting for more content to load, again interrupting your reading.
We can tweak how soon the next page loads to try and avoid interruption so it is seamless. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
I think a "seamless" rather than "infinite" scroll is useful for very long threads, so you aren't constantly clicking next page. But the way the infinite scroll takes you to a "relevant" thread instead of the next active thread can be irritating.

One thing that I DID like about the new interface is it was easier to draw a line with my eye from thread title to last poster in the discussion list view. That alone isn't worth keeping the new style, to me.

Thanks for trying to improve the site, for what it's worth. I know it's hard to read a lot of negative feedback when you try something new. Knowing that people care about the community is important to me as a member. You guys will nail it soon.
Thank you, I agree that the "Last Post" is now much easier to read and was too right-aligned in the older version. Related threads are a problem and we are adding the option to remove ASAP.

Originally Posted by ExMB
And part of may be the way it was introduced on those websites. One I know of is still messed up and wasn't given the forum name selection under style like it is here. In general the roll out there is mostly negative as well.
Let me know which site you are seeing the complaints and problems. We will be sure to address any concerns over there.

Originally Posted by NCporsche
My complaint is the splitting of last word in the thread titles. Instead of taking the entire word and placing it on the next line, it splits the word and may only put the last letter or two on the next line,

I took a screenshot, colored it up real pretty-like to illustrate my point, but it appears as though posting photos is still in the testing stage.
iOS devices (ipad, iphone) are currently having photo upload problems and the thread titles are spilling to a second line in the middle of a word as you described. A fix is in progress and my apologies for the difficulties posting the image.

Originally Posted by MikeF_Vossen
We made a mistake posting..its confusing....
Related threads seem to be causing some confusion and the option to disable that feature is the top priority. In the meantime, the top of the quick reply box shows which thread you are replying to and I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jheis
I attempted to reply to a post and my reply ended up in the "related thread" (which was not in any way related to the thread I was attempting to respond to).

I don't want to have to "RTFM" just to post. I still don't see a simple way to respond to a thread. Not sure where this reply is going to end up....
The top of the quick reply pop-up box shows which thread you are replying to and we hope to have the option to disable related threads soon.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:40 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Hate the new set up.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
The top of the quick reply pop-up box shows which thread you are replying to and we hope to have the option to disable related threads soon.

Nolan:

The reply box shouldn't be a "pop up". Users should be able to quickly and visually navigate to the reply box. Hiding it under a pop up was a severe mistake.

Let's think about this a bit. What are the two most popular things to do on this site? Read what other people have written, and write about things you feel important. The focus of this site should be optimizing those two activities. What you did isn't close.

You made it hard to write Nolan. It's no more complicated than that. Secondary to that problem, you made it hard to read.

Now let's face facts; when the purpose of a site is to allow members to excghange information by writing and reading, those are the functions you need to optimize. Make it easy and obvious before doing anything else. Create a function rich content authoring environment and an easy to use consumer environment. You have not done that.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I should mention the third most popular thing to do on this site, which is the "Search" function.

If you were to concentrate on improving the search function that would be a true breakthrough. Today, I leave your site and use Google to search it because the embedded search function is so poor. Why not just use Google Search on your site? Integrate it with your "Advanced" search page?

It would make the site easier to use and it would preserve continuity by encouraging members to use existing threads on a topic to answer their questions. It would help consolidate information rather than scattering it over multiple threads.

Quick Reply: 8/1 Testing New Infinite Scrolling Theme For Some Users