Notices

Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
VincentMorin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips?

Hi guys! I'm in discussions to go work on-site for a client during 2 months in Denmark... I will miss my 911 dearly and was wondering if some members here could help me out finding a way to rent a Porsche over there... It could be directly rented from a fellow member if anybody is interested... A Cayman, a 997 or even a 996 would do... As long as it's manual I don't think I'll see a lot of snow but a 4 or 4S would be amazing as my car back home is a 4S. Also, I'm not looking for a new and expensive car... I'd like to keep the costs reasonable... I'm not afraid of a 100K car... I just love my P-cars!

I will most probably only drive around in Denmark and visit a friend in Hamburg but that's about it... I'll be mostly working for the 2 months (will only have my weekends to visit the country). Also, like the majority of Porsche owners, I take really good care of my cars.

If all goes well, I should be there by beginning of October and leave at end of November.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

Since cars are not made in Denmark and taxes high cars are 3 times what they are in us. So may be hard to find a p car to rent maybe easier in Germany and drive there.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can rent a Porsche from Avis in Germany but not cheap. Also, they only allow them to be taken to Germany, Switzerland and Austria I believe.

John in Vancouver
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 AM
ramzez
7th Gear

I would contact the local danish Porsche importer http://www.mlagruppenleasing.dk/kontakt-os.aspx and ask about the possibilities for a 2 month lease (Flexleasing might work for you), but I would strongly recommend that you sit down and have a solid amount of your favourite sedative handy before reading the price. Also remember that gas is 2,5$ pr. liter in DK :-)
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM
VincentMorin
Intermediate

Hey guys! Old thread but just wanted to thank you all for the replies. Like you all said, prices where simply ridiculous! I ended up seeing one 911 during my stay over there… With German plates on it! Poor Danes… The government puts a 180% tax on all cars over there! I use to complain about the 5% + 9.5% tax over here… Now I love Canada

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Denmark. Renting a P-car... Any tips?