Notices

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
TTLATION
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default European Delivery

Will be picking up Boxster S in Zuffenhausen & driving to Tuscany in May.

Looking for suggested scenic routes & interesting places to stay. Want to avoid

congested urban areas. I will have 16 days to drop car off back @

factory for shipment to Toronto.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Max964t36
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations! I have done that route several times, I'd suggest you go south to Bodensee (Konstanz Lake), than East to Fussen to see the famous Castles; then Garmish and spend a couple of days in Austria and Switzerland visiting some romantic locations (Lech, St. Moritz and others). Then, take some alpine pass and drive to Italy, stop in Cortina and later enjoy the Garda Lake area. One of my favourite places there is the former residence of the poet and aircraft pilot Gabriele D'Annunzio in Gardone Riviera. After Garda, cross the Padania plain (not so many interesting landscapes there, unless you are looking for arts, history and opera ... in tat case I'd suggest to go to the Arena of Verona. Maybe a short pilgrimage to Mantova to see the Nuvolari (possibly the most famous and successful Italian driver of all times) house and museum is highly recommended. Then stop to Bologna to enjoy the famous tortellini pasta and cross the mountain Appennini to enter Tuscany. There there is too much to list ... just remember Mugello circuit to make a gift to your Boxster, Montalcino and Montepulciano for wines; Siena, Pisa and of course Firenze!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
TTLATION
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quick Reply: European Delivery