Rennlist Europe get together at TT circuit in Northern Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 02:54 PM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rennlist Europe get together at TT circuit in Northern Netherlands

Euro Rennlisters,

Since a few months I have been pondering the possibility of a Euro get together. The immediate conundrum is location and venue. I thought about the motorcycle circuit in Assen, NL. I know somebody who volunteers in first aid there and he tells me there are two possibilities.

One is to rent the circuit for a morning or afternoon, we could do some time trials or have some instructors out or any other event you desire.

Second option is to get a group of Porsches/cars together and ask the guy who does the advanced driver training to fit us in his schedule....

I think if we get 20 to 30 cars min. the cost is bearable. Before I start phoning people to find out details of the track I want to gauge if there is interest.

The other options that are still central are SPA or Zandvoort. I have not been to Spa and don't know what is possible there. I am not very favorably inclined to round up a bunch of P-cars in Zandvoort since the break-in aqnd theft potential is IMHO too great for it to be fun.

Of course I would also like other people's suggestions if they know of a good venue where driving and good dining are easily combined with a few reasonable hotels around for those who need to overnite.

Rgds
Louis
Old 12-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Chris Berendes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Louis,

sound like a great idea to get us European all together. I would personally love to be there and maybe do some DE kind of stuff. Since my car is on seasonal insurance I wont get it back on the road before April 05.

I would be happy to help organising,

cheers and a happy holiday season to you,
Chris
Old 12-19-2004, 05:14 PM
SLVR
Pro

Chris - can you send me an email? Let's make contact and chat aobut it.

I would think early April the weather is tarting to make sense again for a get together.

I'd like to hear from a few more people but meybe have to x-post with the 993 forum since this place seems a bit quiet most of the time.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Louis
I just only saw your post today!! Sorry!

of course this is a great idea!. I know Spa is expensive, and even more in 2005. Even so, they are well booked.
April sounds good to me.

If the number of participant is not big, you could look for a smaller track like this one Croix en Ternois or this one: Abbeville .

They are both in northern France. Abbeville prices range from 1700€ + Tax during the week and 2450€+ Tax on week ends and bank hollidays.
I would choose Abbeville as it is the test track from the French Porsche magazine Flat 6. So they know about Porsches.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:51 AM
bunch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great I will be there live only 20 min from Assen

Quick Reply: Rennlist Europe get together at TT circuit in Northern Netherlands