Need help with purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:02 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with purchase

Hey guys,

After looking for quite awhile now, there is a car recently that popped up that I'm interested in. Wondering what the proper procedure is to do. Its a private sale car with low mileage and imported over from the states in . Should I go check out the car first myself before I get a PPI done? or should I get a PPI done before checking it out? I only ask because its not local and about a 3hr drive to see it. I have the vin but need to purchase a carfax for it as the seller is not providing it. Being a usa car, does a carfax/carproof show everything? (which one should I be getting?)

I'm really interested in this vehicle, has pretty much all the options I want along with the proper colour combo.

Also for a private sale, assuming all checks out with PPI what is the proper steps?

Thanks for all your help! Pretty exciting if this is the one!
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

go see it first. if you like it negotiate a price with seller pending ppi. write out contract with refundable deposit if ppi doesn't check out. get ppi from your choice mechanic not his. have mechanic do safety at same time. deduct any work that needs to be done from price. show up with cashier cheque and go to license office and drive home.
What model is it? you may want to buy a new oil filter and have them replace it and cut the old one for inspection. you may want leakdown in which case replace with new plugs. you may want computer read for faults and over revs.
good luck.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Is there anyone local to it that can give it a lookover? Sometimes there are things that aren't disclosed in an ad that are perfectly apparently to an observer in person - bad paint, leaks, inoperable items, etc. Might save you the cost of a PPI or the 6 hours of time to make the trip yourself.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM
whiskey
Intermediate

Hi guys!

Thanks for the response. Going to go make the drive to see it with my dad. We've both always wanted a porsche, so this will be a fun trip/experience to have with him even if it doesnt work out.

Wondering if you guys have a shop you can recommend for a ppi in the Kingston area?

Also, I've attached the build sheet from Vindecoderz (he doesn't have build sheet). How much do you think this should be priced at?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

you don't state where you are or where you are buying from. the process is the same as any used car so just contact your local MTO and ask them the process. Especially if you are buying it out of province.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:46 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Sorry!

I'm located in Toronto, and the car is located in Kingston. Wanted to see who I would be able to send to do the ppi, or if there is one in the kingston area that can do it.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Christien
Race Car

Marcus Blaszak for the PPI. A bit more info is needed as to making a stab at price, especially mileage and condition.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:39 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Thanks Christien.

The car is at 36000 miles, current owner has had it since 2012 and has serviced it regularly at porsche syracuse. He says condition is great, but I'll be checking it out soon to determine that.

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Joehatz
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

Don't forget to do a lien search !!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

used vehicle package covers the lien search, be sure the seller provides this.
also not sure if Markus will do a ppi that works with your schedule, he is usually pretty busy this time of year. for that car I would be sure to scan the computer for overrevs.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:00 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

If you like the car then don't be dragging your feet or else it will be gone.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Hey guys,

Will be checking the car tomorrow.

I emailed Markus but I havent heard back. Is this the correct contact?

BlaszakPrecisionMotorsports@gmail.com

613-353-7012

I'll ask the seller for UVIP with regards to a lien.

Basically I'm going to check the car out tomorrow. If it looks good, I'll arrange for Markus to see it, and if it checks out, I'll be purchasing it.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Sounds like a great spec. I am curious even with the poor exchange rate the owner has had it serviced only at Porsche Syracuse since he took possession in 2012? I guess it's possible since it's only a 2hr drive but if it's true I would say that bodes well for the way he took care of it. Enjoy the hunt!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Hey guys,

So I saw the car on Friday and have a deposit down, with sale pending a ppi with Markus. Unfortunately he is not available to do it as he has travel issues coming back. Is there anyone else you guys can recommend in the Kingston area? Markus mentioned that Universal Garage is good but they do not have the porsche computer system for in depth with ECU history.

Trying to sort this out, I haven't met Markus, but from his emails he seems pretty good. Should I ask the seller to wait another week? Thanks for the advices! So close but so far!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Christien
Race Car

Might be worth it to take it up to Ottawa to Mark Motors.

Quick Reply: Need help with purchase