Notices

Germanparts.ca promotion code ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 07:50 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts
Default Germanparts.ca promotion code ?

About to order from Germanparts.ca, if anyone have a promotion code and willing to share, please PM me. TIA.....

edit: Nevermind, found the promo code, it is on their home page .....valid until Jul 31

Last edited by lowbee; 07-12-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:58 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a Canadian parts source, and hoped these guys would be it. But I've never been able to find any parts I was looking for on their site for my Porsche or Audi.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parts in Canada, sorry no online yet so send your list. Huge availability on 996/7
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=312627
Old 07-17-2017, 11:43 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

wow Mark that link was amazing, Im not sure a lot of the water cooled guys will recognize whats going on in it but your work is incredible. Especially liked your exhaust stud " you worked on it first " fix .
On the 915 what is your solution for the loose bearing race issue. ? I have seen some chrome it then machining it to about 2 thou over, heat the case and drop it in. other fixes are more costly.
Ill definitely give you a call if I decide to move forward on my 3.2 SS upgrade for my 3.0 . I think it requires machining of the case spigots though correct ?
Old 07-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks
I can have things hard chromed, guess I've been lucky so far on the 915, but reality is I've done way more 901 (914,911), 930 and G50 transmissions.
The 901 thru 930 boxes are basically the same style just the parts get bigger.
The G50 is very much like a VW box, again all the gears, etc are bigger.

I can line bore 356, VW 36hp and type1 cases. I've thought about tooling up to line bore 911 cases, but I need jobs to justify the cost of tooling. Timeserts and case savers are no problem.

Anything I feel is beyond my machining abilities I have a best friend who's a tool and die maker. That said part of how I learn is building many of my own tools. One of the things I pride myself on is not a single broken fin on my aircooled 911 twin plug heads, some of the TP work I've seen is just horrid.
Just an FYI the timesert spark plug repair in that link, the twin plug work is NOT mine. I never break fins like that. Just the only pic I had of a plug hole repair.

The 3.2ss has both a machine in and a slip in versions, one uses 98mm and the machine in can be done with 100mm pistons. I've machined hundreds VW heads and cases for over sized cylinders and I resurface 911 heads regularly, so no problem if yours needed to be bored.

I'm an LN dealer so I can supply and install your cylinders. I help out the DIY peeps right up to fully built and installed engines.

Quick Reply: Germanparts.ca promotion code ?