Notices

FS: 2016 PORSCHE BOXSTER SPYDER

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ did a quick search and you are correct. I was told that if i wanted a new gt4 i would be on the preferred list because i own a spyder. I dont obviously believe all that i am told, and irrelevent as i was not interested.
They will sell at what people will pay, i dont have an issue with capitalism.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

The Spyders and GT cars are being priced in relation to the USD exchange rate and US MSRP right now.

GT3 prices are crazy. I see my old GT3 is for sale in BC. At its third dealer now and $45k more than I sold it for. Every time it moves someone is trying to make another mint.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:35 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cstyles
Porsche Oakville had a white '16 with buckets recently for $149k and it sold within 1 week. Original MSRP $118k. Crazy pricing for non-GT cars but so long as people with lots of $ are willing to pay, that's the price of entry.
That car sold for a price for not much more than what GT3 Techno is asking for his. Dealers asking price and what they get are two different things. IMO the market as a whole is crazy. Even high mile 991 are well over 100k at dealers when they probably shouldn't be worth more than 65-70k.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am taking the car off market and will keep it until I trade it with my dealer when I change my other DD. I spent hours every day for the last couple of weeks responding to many inquiries (emails, iMessages, phone calls, visits to see the car and even a road test). A lot of people "interested" but they seem to have their own personal issues that they forget about until its time to commit (1 or even 2 cars to sell prior to close, sudden large unplanned expense, deposit on a GT3 allocation the dealer doesn't want to free, etc.). I even got a request from a local guy to bring him and his girlfriend to their wedding !

I didn't think it would be so much work and it just doesn't worth it at this point. The car is stunning (Rennlisters who saw the car in person can feel free to comment) and I will try to drive it more often so it doesn't stay put in the garage...

You can PM me if you are really (I mean REALLY) interested in it.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah that or maybe these arent trading over MSRP anymore. Many are sitting for months now at or near MSRP on the rennlist classifieds...
Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
Yeah that or maybe these arent trading over MSRP anymore. Many are sitting for months now at or near MSRP on the rennlist classifieds...
Many ? For months ? 4 left on Rennlist classifieds (only 1 was there 2 weeks ago) all over MSRP. Total of 4 in pre-owned dealers inventory in Canada, all way over MSRP.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Many ? For months ? 4 left on Rennlist classifieds (only 1 was there 2 weeks ago) all over MSRP. Total of 4 in pre-owned dealers inventory in Canada, all way over MSRP.
I include the GT4s as they seem to trend in the same way.

In absence of actual sales price data, I can only speculate based on asking vs time on market. Ultimately you will get what the market is willing to pay...
Old 04-24-2018, 11:20 AM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

The car is back form a long winter up here and is available for a motivated buyer for 125,000 $CAN.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I've driven a Spyder. It's a special car and built in fewer numbers than a GT4. It's pretty rare.
It'll hold its value pretty well long term.

Good luck with sale Andre.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:54 AM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I've driven a Spyder. It's a special car and built in fewer numbers than a GT4. It's pretty rare.
It'll hold its value pretty well long term.

Good luck with sale Andre.
Thanks Chris !

I love this car but unfortunately I don't use it much. I have too many toys and not enough time... There are only 2 Spyders for sale in the pre-owned dealers inventory currently. Porsche Prestige has one with LWB but with the standard interior and exterior colors for 133k$ and Oakville has one with same color and interior than mine but with the sofas for 125k$.

Quick Reply: FS: 2016 PORSCHE BOXSTER SPYDER