Notices

Surprise! More rain @ Mosport......

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:15 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Surprise! More rain @ Mosport......

.....poor Ross at pit out said "last three days I come here to get soaked, go home to dry out, and come back to get soaked again"......this Apex day with two alternating run groups (tons of track time) started wet and stayed that way almost until lunch, when (voila!) the sun broke out; after lunch the track was TOTALLY dry! Even T5; I was amazed and glad.....of course it didn't last as by 230pm the rains returned and this time took on biblical proportions, with lightning and thunder that temporarily drove the marshals to safety. When the rains calmed down the track was opened again and I did a good half-hour largely by myself out there; the Mini loved the rain to the extent that I nearly ran out of gas (never wanna be "that guy" who runs out of gas on track )

So another good "learning" day from wet to dry (and real fast while it lasted) and back to wet. Driving was generally good in Red save for a couple of cars totally ignoring all the blue flags being thrown their way, and these same cars being "hesitant" to give point-bys (yes, they were spoken to).....

Again, thanks to Gerry, Brad, Ross, and everybody else responsible, and a BIG shout-out to the corner workers on this wet, crappy day

Gary
Old 06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am envious of your track time!! Keep it up and enjoy in good health.

Will you be there this Friday June 30th, 2017? The team and I will be testing the 924S racecar again... hopefully with solid results. Also signed up to compete in the Chumpcar race this weekend. Drop by and say hi if you are at the track...

-Patrick
Old 06-28-2017, 12:42 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Thanks Patrick--going to possibly visit the Glen this weekend for the 6 Hours sportscar race(s). Next time up is July 12 with 6th Gear.

Enjoy Friday--DTeq is a fine, fun group to drive with, and Gerry and Rick are great. Hope you have decent weather for the race.....

Gary
Old 06-28-2017, 01:27 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... 6th Gear on the 12th may be possible for me... booked it off just now in case it works out in my favour! ;-)

Quick Reply: Surprise! More rain @ Mosport......