Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:24 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Porsche Performance Shops in the GTA

Hi All,

Being newish to the GTA area and not having my own shop to work in I am looking for a recommendation on where to take my car for some suspension work? (997.1TT)

I have started getting a squeak from my front (It sounds like End Links or Sway Bar Bushings) I have decided to go aftermarket as I would like the added performance for DE's and am looking for a reputable shop that I can either purchase and install through, or just install through.

I am looking at purchasing either GMG, TPC, Tarrett, or RSS bars and links. The only shop that I will not go through is Pfaff (Pfaff performance screwed up their work on my car four times in a row) Typically I have been dealing with Downtown Porsche but feel that this isnt really dealership type work

Regards
Old 06-26-2017, 03:35 PM
kervracing446
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For aftermarket I would recommend Mantis Racing in Oakville. They built my race car and maintain our other cars. They do amazing suspension work for DE or street.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:15 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 221 Posts

Speedstar - they maintain/build the race car for Downtown Porsche. Check them out on FB
Old 06-26-2017, 04:36 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it depends where you are in the GTA.
A few reputable shops in addition to the ones above; EU Autowerks, Hunter Motorsports, GTEK, and Auto Select just to name a few.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:58 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

I am pretty well downtown, Lakeshore and Bathurst area.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:17 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Another vote for Speedstar here if you can manage to get to Markham for the work. Been going to them for years now and despite their shop being full of exotics/race cars, their prices are actually quite fair imo (definitely better than any dealership). Their work is always meticulous (but can take a bit longer than usual - they don't bill you those extra hours thankfully) but always more than satisfied with the job.

As for end links - most of the aftermarket ones will be spherical/monoball style and might make some knocking/rattling noises when going over bumps. If you're okay with that, then no problem I guess. If you're keeping the stock shocks/springs and only going aftermarket sways or end links, you might not need adjustable end links since you can't corner balance on the OEM shocks/springs anyway so there would be no sway bar preload to get rid of.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Speedstar 100%!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

hunter did a great job on my coilovers and endlink install.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
Another vote for Speedstar here if you can manage to get to Markham for the work. Been going to them for years now and despite their shop being full of exotics/race cars, their prices are actually quite fair imo (definitely better than any dealership). Their work is always meticulous (but can take a bit longer than usual - they don't bill you those extra hours thankfully) but always more than satisfied with the job.
Agreed completely, another vote for Speedstar from me as well. Been dealing with Albert for 10 years now, top quality work and great people too. They have plenty of experience with Porsche and they've done everything on my 991 GTS including suspension work.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Hunter Motorsports in Mississauga
Old 07-09-2017, 01:57 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Why Not Henry @ Refined Auto ?
Close By!
Cheapest Labour in the City and P car Trained & Qualified.

Work Require is pretty Basic Stuff...right???.
He like many Others were Factory Trained and worked at Downtown in his early days
Provided its just Links n Bushings No Allignment right?Just Basic parts.

Unless u want a Race Set Up Try Henry
I want to keep all the Good Guys n shops around Open n Happy.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:24 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I contacted Speed Star and they seem like a decent shop. I tried ordering some GMG Sway Bars but those arent available for 5 to 6 months, so I will do some research and figure out what is the next option I would lie to have them install
Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ993
Why Not Henry @ Refined Auto ?
Close By!
Cheapest Labour in the City and P car Trained & Qualified.

Unless u want a Race Set Up Try Henry
I want to keep all the Good Guys n shops around Open n Happy.

Henry just moved to Dufferin and eglington. No more Evans ave, google has not caught up. I just spoke to him on Friday.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanturbo
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I contacted Speed Star and they seem like a decent shop. I tried ordering some GMG Sway Bars but those arent available for 5 to 6 months, so I will do some research and figure out what is the next option I would lie to have them install
Stick with stock on a car like that... seriously... you don't need anything more. Take the money and spend it on track days, brake pads, and tires. You do not need to upgrade your sway bars or bushings on a 997.1TT!!! I have no doubt in my mind that staying stock is the way to go with that car.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:15 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PPo
Stick with stock on a car like that... seriously... you don't need anything more. Take the money and spend it on track days, brake pads, and tires. You do not need to upgrade your sway bars or bushings on a 997.1TT!!! I have no doubt in my mind that staying stock is the way to go with that car.
I do Take it out regularly for DE's and understand the value in good tires , alignment, and brake pads. The understeer of the car is something that has always bothered me during track days and is one of the few weak points in the car.

I figure since the bushings and links have to be done anyways the minimal investment on this over OEM will aid in the feel of the car during track days while maintaining the practicality of the car for regular year round daily driving duties

Quick Reply: Porsche Performance Shops in the GTA