Notices

GTA Porsche dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:00 AM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

I thought you are talking about trading your Macan in for a 17 or 18 MDX ? I am just referring the issue to those years, most likely 17 since 18 has not arrived yet.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 447 Posts

I am. We are getting a 2017 in addition to our current 2010. A quick google search shows tranny problems in 2004-2006. Early 2017 MDX had a tranny software update recall, but I don't see anything else other than some teething pains with the new 'sporty' 9 speed transmission. I've had 4 recalls on my Macan...fuel system and air bags. I'll take tranny software issues over fuel and air bags any day!

Originally Posted by bobblehead
I thought you are talking about trading your Macan in for a 17 or 18 MDX ? I am just referring the issue to those years, most likely 17 since 18 has not arrived yet.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Last chapter...Lexus RX 350 replaces the Macan this afternoon. My wife is taking that car while I decide what I want to drive for my daily...
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Porto911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bobblehead
Pfaff (way up North of Toronto) .. you are going to do lots of drooling there. Brand new facility just opened within the last couple of months

If you want to see the Ferrari and McLaren, then head to Auto Park Circle, Woodbridge, On. Weston Rd / Hwy 407 (where Pfaff used to be located)

Back from Europe and in Toronto for a few days. Was hoping to hit Pfaff Porsche today and went on there web site and states it open today 9;00pm to 12:00am. Strange hrs for a Saturday or any other day. Are they closed and opening up late this evening for a car show or something?

Thanks
Porto
Old 07-22-2017, 09:53 AM
911sTO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pfaff: Sat 9-5. Google is showing funny results

https://pfaffporsche.com/about_us/
Old 07-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Porto911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sTO
Pfaff: Sat 9-5. Google is showing funny results

https://pfaffporsche.com/about_us/

Thanks...
Old 07-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Another brief update...my sales rep at PCO, Nik, heard about this thread and reached out to see if he could help. Classy move and much appreciated!
Old 07-25-2017, 09:28 PM
daedae
Intermediate

Hi Bought my 911 last year at oakville. I only got a 2% discount. The whole process was pretty underwhelming. We are going to try pfaff for the cayenne this year.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Interesting choice of words. I sold my Macan cargo mat to a fellow yesterday who bought his Macan at Oakville and he also said it was 'underwhelming' compared to his previous BMW purchases. Nik treated me well at PCO. I can't say the same for dealing with the businuess manager. The majority of my issues stemmed from problems she could have prevented by giving me accurate info.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:37 PM
daedae
Intermediate

The really know how to make you feel like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car. I got way better treatment buying my road bike and that was like $1k. Let alone spending over $120k.

I think I know which girl you are talking about, and she messed up our **** too.

Like right now, asked for a quote on the Cayenne, got a response to come in. Told them I dont have time come and just give me price. They responded with a link to their inventory, even though I gave them the price and spec sheet from the other dealers. Its like they dont want my business.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:10 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

^ The problem with all these dealers is that they've been getting fat and spoiled. Managers are upping sales people's quotas which in turn means they spend less time with customers, looking for a quick sale. Others are just plain old arrogant and don't remember when they had to work to make a sale. The going's good right now, but their short-sightedness will haunt them once the economy starts turning.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:18 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
^ The problem with all these dealers is that they've been getting fat and spoiled. Managers are upping sales people's quotas which in turn means they spend less time with customers, looking for a quick sale. Others are just plain old arrogant and don't remember when they had to work to make a sale. The going's good right now, but their short-sightedness will haunt them once the economy starts turning.
Well I don't know if I agree with the " fat and spoiled" comment. But I do believe quotas are constantly going up as that is just business. You are trying to grow the market, gain market share, and on top of that the Multi million dollar dealerships going up in prime real estate locations have to be paid for.
I imagine there is more pressure than ever to move units and increase sales while at the same time maintaining margins as you don't want your luxury brand to become a commodity.
This definitely can impact the customer experience to some degree, but I don't think it affect s how you greet someone or answer the phone.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:40 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 521 Likes on 198 Posts

I want to complain about how crappy Pfaff Porsche's license plate holders are. I know it's a minor issue, but I got a new GTS yesterday and after driving home in the rain today, the lettering has come off. They must be the cheapest holders in the world. After spending around $190,000 for a car, at least have something that looks half decent. I just ordered some new Porsche OEM license frames from Suncoast Parts to replace the crappy ones Pfaff gave me. Pfaff's must have cost less than $5. They are losing out on some free advertising.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:29 AM
donuts
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's insane!!!! They are charging you to use a bolt that you can buy for $10?!??

https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...0&Store_Code=P
Originally Posted by Bacura
I have no choice but to go to dealer. Carbon ceramic brakes need special tool to remove the wheel. On the invoice it even says the special tool was used.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 AM
911sTO
Advanced

Originally Posted by KenTO
I want to complain about how crappy Pfaff Porsche's license plate holders are. I know it's a minor issue, but I got a new GTS yesterday and after driving home in the rain today, the lettering has come off. They must be the cheapest holders in the world. After spending around $190,000 for a car, at least have something that looks half decent. I just ordered some new Porsche OEM license frames from Suncoast Parts to replace the crappy ones Pfaff gave me. Pfaff's must have cost less than $5. They are losing out on some free advertising.

That's odd - mine's still in good shape after 8 weeks and a few rainstorms

Quick Reply: GTA Porsche dealers