Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Goodbye sweet garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/989612-goodbye-sweet-garage.html)

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:18 AM

Goodbye sweet garage

1 Attachment(s)
Last night was an evening full of melancholy.

This weekend, were having an open house; therefore the "man-cave" gets it final cleaning from me. On this site, I have seen a lot of nice looking garages and important comments that have influenced me in my decision making. I will share with everyone what I build. I wanted a fully functional garage (mechanically and socially orientated) associated with Porsche paraphernalia

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This hoist works for me the best. It raises the car 42 inches, its a electric motor pumping fluid to a mechanical piston. Easy. No maintenance. Non intrusive and folds to 4 inches on the floor.
Many members have used porcelain as a flooring substrate. I love it and I think its the best way to go but I have lower back issues that make it difficult for me to stand on hard surfaces for over an hour. So I decided to go with a 3/4 inch recycled rubber (25 yr warranty and sold in 5x7 sheets) that allows me to drink beer effortlessly all night long on those hot evenings!

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The man cave is equipped with a bar. Always stocked with a variety of spirits:my close friends prefer crown royal and canadian club. I love the Graham's 10 year Port wine.

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The garage is equipped with a 100 watt yamaha stereo system that provides incredible acoustics when its playing 9 Inch Nails or Radio head or July Talk. I put in a bose cube speaker system with separate sub woofer - truthfully its adequate but it could be better. Testimonial- this fridge holds 24 cans of beer and 2 trays of ice cubes. Meets all my needs

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hot and cold water is a must. this particular sink goes down 14 ". Really nice.

curtisr 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

Hopefully, it's on to bigger and better things.

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like a lot of different cars. Everyone has their favorite. For me, the 935 looks incredible in photos. Not to mention it was the car that Paul Newman came 2nd in the 24 hours of Lemans.

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY. THE DEAL BREAKER. If the boys are over drinking and socializing. You do not want a situation whereby they have to go into the house and use the washrooms. They piss all over the floor, make all sorts of noise and sometimes fall on the stairs because its to dark and they have drank too much. Then, the wife gets irate the next day,doesn't want to make breakfast and the fun is over.Its a no win situation that necessitates adjustments . Well, with this bad boy eliminates all those problems and creates nothing but positive situations!!!!

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its been fun.
Having a man cave is the best thing in the world to keep your sanity.
I don't have to listen to Justin Bieber or Adele.
I escape to the garage and have a cold beer and wash the car or clean the window.
Heaven.

molson cdn 05-10-2017 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by curtisr (Post 14173650)
Hopefully, it's on to bigger and better things.

Absolutely.
Anticipating exciting changes.

Sir5n 05-10-2017 10:42 AM

Truly inspirational testimonial

911 Rod 05-10-2017 11:45 AM

You know wherever you go it will be bigger and better!

Scotty2H 05-10-2017 09:00 PM

I live down the street and around the corner and saw the 'coming soon' sign when I drove by the other day. Always sneak a peak at the turbo when the garage is open and always wondered if you were on rennlist. Never found an opportune time to stop by. Good luck with the new place. Your lift has given me ideas!

molson cdn 05-11-2017 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty2H (Post 14175347)
I live down the street and around the corner and saw the 'coming soon' sign when I drove by the other day. Always sneak a peak at the turbo when the garage is open and always wondered if you were on rennlist. Never found an opportune time to stop by. Good luck with the new place. Your lift has given me ideas!

Scotty drop by. We can have a drink. I have been in the area 30 years. I know quite a few people in the neighbourhood and its always great meeting new people. I am around all day-screwing around. Getting everything ready for the open house.

bronson7 05-11-2017 10:08 PM

Cool stuff. Like your attitude.