Notices

Used Boxster GTS - price advice wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Soundstream
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Boxster GTS - price advice wanted

I am looking at Boxster GTS (with 21,000km) that is currently for sale here: https://www.dlsaccelerator.com/webas...Num=78471A&L=1

Options include:

- Convenience Package (seat heating and dual zone climate control)
- Supplemental Safety Roll-Bar Painted in Exterior Colour
- Bi-Xenon Headlight Incl. Porsche Dynamic Light Plus (PDLS Plus) w/ High Beam Assist
- 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- 20 Inch Carrera S Wheels
- Power Steering Plus
- SportDesign Steering Wheel
- Bose Surround Sound System

Price is $88,900, and it is a Quebec car, with no accidents (I am told, but have yet to verify).

I've been looking for the "perfect" Boxster S and was willing to go up to $80k for the perfect car (PDK, X73, Sports Chrono, Sports Exhaust, etc), but there has been nothing in the last 4 or 5 months that has completely interested me.

So while this ticks all the right boxes, it is about 10% over my already stretched budget (was originally hoping to keep things to $70k).

I seem to have a good idea as to Boxster S prices (as I've been looking at those for months), but was curious if this GTS is priced appropriately, or if they are asking too much. The original MSRP was around $92k I believe. Hard to believe it has only dropped $3k in 3 years!

There was one at Oakville a month ago that I missed out on ... it was a similar price, but was a year newer and only had 1,200 kms on it! With this one being a Quebec car, that is why I am thinking it is overpriced. Of course the dealer says it is priced correctly and they don't want to budge on price.

Also, will a Boxster GTS hold a higher percentage of its value at resale in a couple of years when I sell it? (I mean compared to a Boxster S)

Any comments are appreciated.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

I'm interested in this discussion. Mine's got similar km's on it but an original MSRP of $106k.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm certainly no expert on Boxster prices but the MSRP for the car was $92975++ with an in service date of March 6, 2015 if that helps any. It looks like it is CPO so warranty until 2021? VRM Canada books a GTS at $77350.

The Canadian Porsche market is messed up right now because of CAD$ however I just couldn't accept a 5% discount for a 2 year old car with 21000km. But, there aren't many on the market so it is worth what someone will pay for it. I was offered a 2% discount on a new order Cayman GTS when they came out. It's not a Spyder or a GT4 but GTS's appear to getting dragged up with them.

I would offer what I was willing to pay for the car (what it was worth to me) and they could take it or leave it. Just my opinion.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM
bmichael
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those normally aspirated flat six Boxsters should hold their value but $88k does seem high. You could get a nice 911 for that price.
Summer's coming so pull the trigger on . . . .

Quick Reply: Used Boxster GTS - price advice wanted