Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:28 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
My SA at Mark Motors contacted me yesterday to say my Touring order demand was approved yesterday but PTS color (pretty common) under "feasability study" at the moment. We'll see if I can get to do what I want.
Supposedly a September build.

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no

If PTS is not approved I may go back to a winged wonder. Hopefully I can do what I want. The color palette offered is rather weak. No greens. No dark blue.
If Porsche offered popular PTS colors as a regular option, call them classic colors or something, I'm sure the uptake would be there.
Congrats! Any other allocation news to share? Did they get a dump of allocations for a period of time? RS allocation?

My choices there would be Iron, LED and lift. Other suggestion would be to assign the allocation to me as a winged wonder
Old 03-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by tbox1980
I thought you already own one?
No. 996.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Excellent news Chris! Let the fun begin!

What V code is your build allocation presently at? This may have some bearing whether your request for PTS is approved.
Don't know. Will ask Mike.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:04 PM
tbox1980
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. 996.
Ahhhh.....Well then!! I'd be tickled pink if I were you. I was lucky to even get one from Mark Motors!!!

I'd definitely go Steel brakes (Based on the fact that you are going to track it), LED lights PDLS, the lift is a must.

What PTS colors are available?
Old 03-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

My SA at Mark Motors contacted me yesterday to say my Touring order demand was approved yesterday but PTS color (pretty common) under "feasability study" at the moment. We'll see if I can get to do what I want.
Supposedly a September build.

Now ... the debate ...

Iron vs PCCB
PDLS headlights vs. LED
Front axle lift or no

If PTS is not approved I may go back to a winged wonder. Hopefully I can do what I want. The color palette offered is rather weak. No greens. No dark blue.
If Porsche offered popular PTS colors as a regular option, call them classic colors or something, I'm sure the uptake would be there.

Congrats Chris...now the wait for spring in Ottawa...today not so nice.

Yes to IRON for the track. (I'll be upgrading pads right away) - a greater selection of brake rotors/pads and 19inch track wheels.
I went PDLS as I won't be driving at night much - If you wanted to see the look (on Guards Red) I can show you after March break. (also have the BBi bar installed already as well)
Axel lift - oh yes, you're the trailer guy and should know better than me if this will be an issue for you when trailering but I needed it just to get into my underground winter parking spot.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

I'm going to keep my 996 GT3. This will be a street car.

On the fence with PCCB. Leaning towards lift and PDLS.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
Congrats Chris...now the wait for spring in Ottawa...today not so nice.

Yes to IRON for the track. (I'll be upgrading pads right away) - a greater selection of brake rotors/pads and 19inch track wheels.
I went PDLS as I won't be driving at night much - If you wanted to see the look (on Guards Red) I can show you after March break. (also have the BBi bar installed already as well)
Axel lift - oh yes, you're the trailer guy and should know better than me if this will be an issue for you when trailering but I needed it just to get into my underground winter parking spot.
What pads are you thinking of using? I'm thinking of trying something with more bite than Pagid RS29 this year.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm starting with PFC 11 (I bought them in Canada when I thought I was getting my car earlier last year)...however a couple friends have been running the Ferodo DS1.11 on their GT3.1 (AP racing J hook rotors). Seem to last really well. I'll be switching once these wear out.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:58 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Great news Chris.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:50 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats! Any other allocation news to share? Did they get a dump of allocations for a period of time? RS allocation?

My choices there would be Iron, LED and lift. Other suggestion would be to assign the allocation to me as a winged wonder
I only visit this thread hoping to see that you finally get your allocation S

I wish Porsche would just make a ton of GT3s so everyone could be happy.....and I could get a said GT3 used in a few years below MRSP, LOL.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:52 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

I'm going to keep my 996 GT3. This will be a street car.

On the fence with PCCB. Leaning towards lift and PDLS.
If you've never tried PCCB and it will be "mostly" street used then we'll have to hook up before your build locks if you are considering. Had them on my Turbo S... they are amazing!! I was always a very happy steel guy and would never have reordered PCCB @$10k if there wasn't much difference...
Old 03-07-2018, 10:00 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
If you've never tried PCCB and it will be "mostly" street used then we'll have to hook up before your build locks if you are considering. Had them on my Turbo S... they are amazing!! I was always a very happy steel guy and would never have reordered PCCB @$10k if there wasn't much difference...
I'm considering.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:24 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
I'm starting with PFC 11 (I bought them in Canada when I thought I was getting my car earlier last year)...however a couple friends have been running the Ferodo DS1.11 on their GT3.1 (AP racing J hook rotors). Seem to last really well. I'll be switching once these wear out.
Both are good options. DS1.11 last longer and are kinder to the rotors, but PFC 11 seem to be more precise and have more bite.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:46 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by nr1416
I only visit this thread hoping to see that you finally get your allocation S

I wish Porsche would just make a ton of GT3s so everyone could be happy.....and I could get a said GT3 used in a few years below MRSP, LOL.
Haha...thanks for checking in! The game is harsh. I might subconsciously be hoping to not get one so I can get a 993.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by SToronto
Haha...thanks for checking in! The game is harsh. I might subconsciously be hoping to not get one so I can get a 993.
I bet more cars are released into the pipeline. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.