Notices

Pete Stout launches ultimate Porsche mag!

Old 04-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Pete Stout launches ultimate Porsche mag!

https://petrolicious.com/articles/00...ctions-therein

Not cheap, but i think it will be stunning. Panorama has gone way down since Pete left as editor.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:41 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

It looks like an amazing magazine, and Pete Stout always brings superb abilities to every role he takes on.

It will be interesting to see how the business model pans out.

Now, I just have to figure out how to subscribe without the boss (wife!) murdering me over such a pricey magazine!!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Well, I jumped in... we will see.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Well, I jumped in... we will see.
Subscription S ?

Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

$300 a year. You can
cancel during year though. More books than magazines.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:16 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 773 Posts

I have a subscription to the soft-cover version ($300 Can)...issue 000 (the prototype) arrived in February, and 001 arrived just before the end of March. Great reading and some stunning modern and archival photos.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
https://petrolicious.com/articles/00...ctions-therein

Not cheap, but i think it will be stunning. Panorama has gone way down since Pete left as editor.
Yeah the old geezers ran him out of town. They could never get past the mag going 21st (hell - 20th) century size. I guess the final straw for a few of the zone rep's in their 90's was when Pete allowed an article with the word '***' in it or maybe it was even more innocuous then that even. When I saw those letters to the editor complaining about the 'poor language' in a family magazine (really?) I almost s**t. Errr, guess I'm not ready as an editor myself either.

We really NEED a PCC (Porsche Club of Canada) like every other country has their own unique Porsche club - not beholden to the 'Mericans'. War of 2018 anyone? LOL
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Yeah the old geezers ran him out of town. They could never get past the mag going 21st (hell - 20th) century size. I guess the final straw for a few of the zone rep's in their 90's was when Pete allowed an article with the word '***' in it or maybe it was even more innocuous then that even. When I saw those letters to the editor complaining about the 'poor language' in a family magazine (really?) I almost s**t. Errr, guess I'm not ready as an editor myself either.

We really NEED a PCC (Porsche Club of Canada) like every other country has their own unique Porsche club - not beholden to the 'Mericans'. War of 2018 anyone? LOL
I hadn't heard anything about why Pete left his role as editor of Panorama. If it was because of internal politics etc., then that is really sad. Panorama was dramatically improved under Pete's leadership and having him as editor was a real coup. If the PCA behaved poorly towards him and that was the reason that he left, well, I gotta say those in the PCA responsible were beyond stupid...
Old 04-06-2017, 06:52 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 500
I hadn't heard anything about why Pete left his role as editor of Panorama. If it was because of internal politics etc., then that is really sad. Panorama was dramatically improved under Pete's leadership and having him as editor was a real coup. If the PCA behaved poorly towards him and that was the reason that he left, well, I gotta say those in the PCA responsible were beyond stupid...
Have to agree, have worked with Pete on a few articles published some for Excellence and Pano, always a pleasure, he is a man of his word and highly skilled. If he left due to internal politics that is their loss as we have seen by the transformation of the magazine under his tenure. Wish him only the best for this new venture.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:51 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice find Ronan. It was good chatting with you yesterday on the way to the parking garage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pete Stout launches ultimate Porsche mag!