Notices

Nice day to get the car out but please behave!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Never underestimate a PONY
Hyundai Pony?

Illustration below of s**ty fire trap junk for you kids out there.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Did not see the alleged infraction(s) but have witnessed some serious ***-clownery locally from time to time. An yes, I remember being young and stoopid.

If a phone's handy, I'd consider calling police - not to be a drag, but to potentially save some hurt/damage. I am specifically recalling an instance when a hot hatch blew by at 160(?) on the shoulder as traffic was lined up slow on the highway. Seriously dangerous. The kid would be better with a ticket and a lesson than potentially dying a fool.

As for the culprits in this saga, I fear they may have been >16 years old and should have more sense.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey,My Nana had a PONY when she was a kid!
Old 04-07-2017, 11:42 AM
19VFB19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
Hey,My Nana had a PONY when she was a kid!
When I was a little girl in Poland we all had ponies.
My sister had a pony, my cousin had a pony
So whats wrong with that?

Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non Pony country?
Old 04-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

A buddy of mine (has a 996) talked to one of the car owners that got pinched and got the story from his side. This was not an "driver called in an incident". The OPP had 30 flatbeds waiting at a service station where they shut down the entire 400 and picked out the cars they wanted to impound. Half the group got away and the other 15 got slapped with a stunt driving ticket. Extremely interesting that the OPP had exactly 30 flatbeds waiting. This had to be pre planned by the OPP. Getting 30 trucks to be on standby takes some serious effort. More than likely they got all their information from a car forum like this one. Considering that they were picking out all the higher end cars when they shut the 400 down makes me worried to go on anymore organized RL drives too.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:52 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 19VFB19
When I was a little girl in Poland we all had ponies.
My sister had a pony, my cousin had a pony
So whats wrong with that?

Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non Pony country?
Seinfeld's great aunt of course.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
A buddy of mine (has a 996) talked to one of the car owners that got pinched and got the story from his side. This was not an "driver called in an incident". The OPP had 30 flatbeds waiting at a service station where they shut down the entire 400 and picked out the cars they wanted to impound. Half the group got away and the other 15 got slapped with a stunt driving ticket. Extremely interesting that the OPP had exactly 30 flatbeds waiting. This had to be pre planned by the OPP. Getting 30 trucks to be on standby takes some serious effort. More than likely they got all their information from a car forum like this one. Considering that they were picking out all the higher end cars when they shut the 400 down makes me worried to go on anymore organized RL drives too.
Imre was the guy the one from Cambridge with the red car with stickers ?

if it was I know that guy as he has a car dealership around the corner.

Last edited by theiceman; 04-18-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by theiceman
Imre was the guy the one from Cambridge with the red carwith stickers the stickers ?

if it was I know that guy as he has a car dealership around the corner.
Yes, Iain talked to him because he recognized his car from the news article.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:07 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Yes, Iain talked to him because he recognized his car from the news article.
Then he gets what he deserves. That guy is a real tool. He drives around my neighborhood like a moron in his white mas. He was reving the crap out of a red Lambo as he went by my house on easter Sunday. Just to make noise.
Just toured around in first.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Regardless, cops don't just charge and impound 15 cars without some sort of evidence. Yes they probably got the info from a forum, but on any run you need to "choose" when to drive "calmly" and when you can drive "spirited". The 400 is not the place.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:03 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly, 400 series highways are full of snitches without stitches.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Then he gets what he deserves. That guy is a real tool. He drives around my neighborhood like a moron in his white mas. He was reving the crap out of a red Lambo as he went by my house on easter Sunday. Just to make noise.
sure but every single other car that was part of the drive? OPP had 30 flatbeds waiting at the service station when they closed the highway. This tells me they were going to do this regardless how the drivers were behaving. This has publicity stunt written all over it.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

sure but every single other car that was part of the drive? OPP had 30 flatbeds waiting at the service station when they closed the highway. This tells me they were going to do this regardless how the drivers were behaving. This has publicity stunt written all over it.
well I don't now either way .. but I would not consider the guy who got his car towed away ( and a total D-bag) an unbiased source of information.

But on a related note .. On good Friday I went out to Stratford with my car and spotted a white Pano getting pulled over on HWY 8 going into Kitchener. My son texted my about half an hour later saying to be careful as he spotted a while pano on HWY 8 getting pulled on to a flatbed.
I don't think that was a publicity stunt either.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

he may be an *** but he may not as well. A friend has a Maserati and a Lambo. He came to my house last summer and he drives very conservatively and had his kid in the car. He pulled up and I thought who is that *** revving his motorcycle outside my house, anyway the car is just loud and revs when driving shifting even when not being driven as an ***. I think he may have a tubi. The Lambo is the same. So unless you have spoken to him you may be mistaken about his character....or he may actually be an a-hole
Old 04-18-2017, 09:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbodan
he may be an *** but he may not as well. A friend has a Maserati and a Lambo. He came to my house last summer and he drives very conservatively and had his kid in the car. He pulled up and I thought who is that *** revving his motorcycle outside my house, anyway the car is just loud and revs when driving shifting even when not being driven as an ***. I think he may have a tubi. The Lambo is the same. So unless you have spoken to him you may be mistaken about his character....or he may actually be an a-hole
I guess he's just a nice guy who likes to race everyone off the lights in my neighbourhood.

Quick Reply: Nice day to get the car out but please behave!