Notices

PDK Service - Step Inside...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:23 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 130 Posts
Default PDK Service - Step Inside...

My 2009 PDK C4 is approaching the 90.000 km service interval.

I am new to the P-Car hobby, and starting researching on how to do the service myself, but quickly learned the PDK is "new enough" that few owners would venture doing this themselves. And, with its introduction in the 911 in 2009, it seems the dealers are just beginning to see any real numbers of cars in their shops needing this service.

What was interesting is that 2 different service advisors in 2 different dealers did not know the service interval (even when they looked it up) for the PDK. This is because the PDK runs 2 different fluids: a clutch fluid, and a transmission fluid, and it can therefore be confusing.

What I have learned is that the clutch service interval is 6 years/90,000 km, and the transmission fluid interval is a whopping 12 year/180,000 km. (I know you can just look this up, but it sure is interesting to see what the dealers know/don't know about the procedure).

So while I plan to have a dealer do this service, I am still curious if one of them is as simple as doing any other fluid change: remove a plug, drain and refill.

Not looking for a DIY video here, in as much wanting to see what others are doing or understand about their PDK's. Or if this helps someone else, that's good too.

Thanks

Jack
Old 03-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Unfortunately now days draining and filling a transmission is not simple. Find out what the Porsche procedure is and then see if that can be duplicated by yourself.

For example, VW recommends to check the auto trans fluid when the fluid is at a certain temperature range and for that, you need a scanner that can read more than just the OBDII codes of the ECU while the engine is running. I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche had something similar.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...il-change.html

Man I'm not charging enough.....

Quick Reply: PDK Service - Step Inside...