Notices

Anyone in the GTA have wheel spacers for a test fit?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:44 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Anyone in the GTA have wheel spacers for a test fit?

My 997 C4 came with 2 sets of wheels. One set are 19 inch OEM and are a perfect fit of course.

The second set are 18 inch knock-offs being used as winters, and the rears appear to be for a narrow body. They serve the purpose, but I don't like the look.

I want to fix this by trying out a spacer, but not sure what width is needed. The difference in offset between a NB and WB wheel would indicate a 16 mm difference.

If anyone has a 15 to 20 mm spacer available I could try out, I would appreciate it very much. If you're selling any and they are the right size, i would be looking to purchase them also.

I am in the west end of Toronto (Etobicoke).

Thanks
Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I run a 15mm on my c4s with a 51mm offset oem summer rims. For my 18" winters I run a 45mm spacer that brings the aftermarket rims out close to flush. However I have no idea what the offset is as its not printed on the rim. To be honest, I just eyeballed the fit and figured I needed them out another inch or so from where they were with the 15mm spacers on (so 15+ 25mm ie one inch) and went with 45mm that bolt on to the hub. Looks great!!

You can borrow my 15mm spacers for the rear for a month or so but I need them back before the Hershey trip !!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't care what anybody says, Vern's a nice guy
Old 03-01-2017, 05:25 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vern1
I run a 15mm on my c4s with a 51mm offset oem summer rims. For my 18" winters I run a 45mm spacer that brings the aftermarket rims out close to flush. However I have no idea what the offset is as its not printed on the rim. To be honest, I just eyeballed the fit and figured I needed them out another inch or so from where they were with the 15mm spacers on (so 15+ 25mm ie one inch) and went with 45mm that bolt on to the hub. Looks great!!

You can borrow my 15mm spacers for the rear for a month or so but I need them back before the Hershey trip !!

45 mm - Whoa 1.75 inches thick! But as big as that sounds, it feels about right in terms of how much I would have to bring them outbound in order for them to look right.

Vern - I would take you up on the offer of the 15 mm spacers. I know that is barely more than 1/2" , but it would serve as a start for me to figure this out.

I wouldn't even run on them - I just want to try them out for size. I am assuming that I can use my OEM bolts given that I wouldn't be actually driving on them. I would bolt one wheel on, let the car down and roll down the driveway so she levels out and then measure...

LMK how we can hook up...
Old 03-01-2017, 05:26 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Well, we'll have to see....
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 PM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Nah I hear he's a *****

Originally Posted by vetfever
45 mm - Whoa 1.75 inches thick! But as big as that sounds, it feels about right in terms of how much I would have to bring them outbound in order for them to look right.

Vern - I would take you up on the offer of the 15 mm spacers. I know that is barely more than 1/2" , but it would serve as a start for me to figure this out.

I wouldn't even run on them - I just want to try them out for size. I am assuming that I can use my OEM bolts given that I wouldn't be actually driving on them. I would bolt one wheel on, let the car down and roll down the driveway so she levels out and then measure...

LMK how we can hook up...
I am in the beaches so you could grab them here or downtown where I work. I have the bolts too and you should use them even to just roll around on. I use my oem bolts on the winter spacers.

I will say an easy way to get an idea is to drop a vertical level down from the outside of the fender well to the ground. Then just measure from the tire out to the fender line and that will tell you what size you need. Or just stick a tape measure in to the tire and eyeball how far out to the fender line

You could also just borrow my 45mm spacers once they are off to see if you like the fit. I will say they are not cheap so make sure you get what you want.

Let me know

Cheers
Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Nah I hear he's a *****

I am in the beaches so you could grab them here or downtown where I work. I have the bolts too and you should use them even to just roll around on. I use my oem bolts on the winter spacers.

I will say an easy way to get an idea is to drop a vertical level down from the outside of the fender well to the ground. Then just measure from the tire out to the fender line and that will tell you what size you need. Or just stick a tape measure in to the tire and eyeball how far out to the fender line

You could also just borrow my 45mm spacers once they are off to see if you like the fit. I will say they are not cheap so make sure you get what you want.

Let me know

Cheers
I will LYK for sure. If I can keep these 18 inchers it would be the most economical choice. They run smooth so they certainly serve the purpose of winter driving.

Tx Vern
Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 PM
vern1
Drifting

Originally Posted by vetfever
I will LYK for sure. If I can keep these 18 inchers it would be the most economical choice. They run smooth so they certainly serve the purpose of winter driving.

Tx Vern
OK. My winter wheels are 18's too ie 265/40/18 rears
Old 03-12-2017, 09:28 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

OK. My winter wheels are 18's too ie 265/40/18 rears
Vern - Tx again for the offer on testing out the spacers. After measuring, I have gone ahead and ordered 40mm adapters (ECS was having a sale).

And I don't care what these other guys say - you are a nice guy...
Old 03-13-2017, 12:48 PM
vern1
Drifting

Hope it works out - cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in the GTA have wheel spacers for a test fit?