Notices

Parting ways with my 997.1

Old 03-04-2017, 12:27 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting ways with my 997.1

It's been 8 wonderful years, but the new owner from Montreal will be picking up my 911. Although it wasn't the best possible move to purchase a Tiptronic, it served the role to ferry the family in style. Admittedly, I haven't made many friends on Rennlist, but enjoyed each discussion. Additionally, I renewed my PCA "associate" membership for another 3yrs and will drop by to the seasonal Porsche-only gathering. I tried valiantly to hold on to her, but the wife wasn't going to allow four sportscars sitting in the garage while her car and the family van sits outside in the cold....lol.

I will have some unique exterior items for sale specifically for the 997.1 and a beautiful Porsche created black leather center armrest cover for all 997 series. Since I am not a member on Rennlist, I'll post them on Kijiji. Take care everyone!

Last edited by ansonintoronto; 03-04-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Best of luck with the next purchase!....it is not unusual for Porsche people to leave and later return again, so we my et see you in another Porsche. I had personally one of the longest gaps of 22 years without a Porsche ( had done the BMW M car thing among others), and eventually got seduced by the then new 997.1 GT3RS. You never know...
Old 03-04-2017, 09:02 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Thank you Ronan. Will continue to enjoy your adventures. I will be "that guy" with the non-Porsche at the open house events. The R8 has been a "balanced" performer with my beginner skill set, but I look forward to the rear drive performance offered by the Huracan. Perhaps I could convince the wife to give up the sedan once the kids are off on their own....I do love the 991 Targa GTS🍺
Old 03-04-2017, 12:22 PM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Getting rid of the 997 with tiptronic makes sense if you have a R8 and going to get a Huracan. You certainly aren't going to get rid of your Corrado, right?

Stay in touch!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:21 AM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
Getting rid of the 997 with tiptronic makes sense if you have a R8 and going to get a Huracan. You certainly aren't going to get rid of your Corrado, right?

Stay in touch!
Hey Patrick, I saw your GT3 on the 401 several weeks ago getting off on Bayview....you would have seen a Town and Country minivan in your rear view mirror 😊. I will never sell this Corrado, none like it and besides, Pfaff just listed one for $38k USD and has paint work! Take care!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parting ways with my 997.1