Insurance Costs

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
This is interesting news. I'm with State Farm/Dejardens and both my Pcars are off the road with just fire and theft currently. This is something I've been expecting them to change though. If that's the case I may need to consider looking elsewhere as well. I'll see what they have to say when I return to full coverage in April.
You must have changed your coverage before the new rule came in effect. When I called around mid November it was too late. Pissed me right off as they have penalties if you completely pull the coverage and want to then reinstate it in the springs. Bunch of BS if yo as me.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
You must have changed your coverage before the new rule came in effect. When I called around mid November it was too late. Pissed me right off as they have penalties if you completely pull the coverage and want to then reinstate it in the springs. Bunch of BS if yo as me.
I pulled coverage for my 993 on Oct 31 and my Boxster Nov 30. The only thing I was told at that time was that when you give a date for reinstatement you can move it earlier but not later without 30 days notice. State Farm didn't require that but seems Dejardens does.
Looks like this might be the last year I get to do that
It was a nice savings when putting two cars to bed for the winter!
Old 03-11-2017, 07:01 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

I've read the above and wondered for those with early 80's Porsches who do you insure through?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I've read the above and wondered for those with early 80's Porsches who do you insure through?
You really only have two choices Cam as far as agreed value policies - Hagerty or Vintage.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:02 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Pags993
You really only have two choices Cam as far as agreed value policies - Hagerty or Vintage.
Thanks Mark. I'll call both on Monday.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
You see, I told you all two years ago that this was coming. The treating everyone like a motorcycle with no option to take a car off in the winter was coming and its here now - they just wait for your renewal period to give you the bad news. Value added for the industry - bend over for for us. And the bit+h just lets it happen.

I kept mine on year round this year for once - I was tired of the Service Ontario BS every year ignoring my pink slip that SHOWED insurance coverage and going to the phone to that lobby group (IBC) to check I had insurance so I just gave up and kept it on knowing by the spring it was changing anyway. My agent warned me long ago before State Farm sold out.

Now I'm with another Yankee POS company State Farm sold out to - not the one in PQ - that checked my record and listed two violations and raised my rates $20 a year. 1st time I've ever I've had a company do that so I assume we are in a whole new world using computer systems and that its now a good value added item for them to now check your record upon every 1 year renewal. They listed THREE classes of offenses by the way. Mine were under the 'minor' class - the 'rape class' by a tard hiding behind a bush that let a Honda PASS me going way faster so he could stop a Porsche doing 62 in a 50.

(In my case it was 12kph over and failure to be able to find the stupid insurance slip in the dash somewhere (wife's Caddie) and a Peel cop wanting a coffee and not wanting to wait two f**king minutes! Then the prosecutor wouldn't drop it when I showed him the slip and the judge just shrugged and said guilty. F$$king revenuers huh?)

Anyway... (I feel better now)

As far as the 19a policies... Wait until they require a photo of your odometer every spring sent to them showing the minimum mileage they will permit which is ludicrously small... That's coming next... It wouldn't surprise me if they demand a GPS OB2 unit installed or no 19a policy. I trust Trump more than Ontario Insurance companies and that's saying a LOT my friends...

Quick Reply: Insurance Costs