Looking to rent a cottage

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Looking to rent a cottage

Hey guys,

Anyone can recommend a cottage for about 10 of us.. Looking to book July 1st and/or Civic holiday.

1) lake property
2) fishing off the dock (for the kids)
3) clean clean clean
4) outdoor tenting for my mom/dad whom love to sleep in tents (not sure why lol)
Old 01-26-2017, 10:05 AM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's a link to our lake association classifieds with some rentals. I know the Whites Bay cottage as its just down the bay from us. Location is nice as its just under 1 1/2hrs from Avenue/401 (non rush hour) paved roads all the way. Not a lot of boat traffic in the bay so its good for the little ones swimming, kayaking and so on.
As an added bonus the lake association puts on a fantastic fireworks show for the civic holiday, definitely a highlight for the weekend.

Happy hunting.

http://sixmilelake.net/classifieds/
Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9964runner
Here's a link to our lake association classifieds with some rentals. I know the Whites Bay cottage as its just down the bay from us. Location is nice as its just under 1 1/2hrs from Avenue/401 (non rush hour) paved roads all the way. Not a lot of boat traffic in the bay so its good for the little ones swimming, kayaking and so on.
As an added bonus the lake association puts on a fantastic fireworks show for the civic holiday, definitely a highlight for the weekend.

Happy hunting.

http://sixmilelake.net/classifieds/
thanks for the info.. the family loves fishing.. are there fishing ? off the dock or you really need a boat?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:49 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I in no way claim to be a fisherman, that being said we have had quite a few guests fishing both on our dock and out in a boat. From our dock the kids (6-12yrs) do pretty well with worm catching fish 4"-6" with the occasional larger one. The older boys head out in the pedal boat and manage to pull out some photo worthy fish.
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9964runner
I in no way claim to be a fisherman, that being said we have had quite a few guests fishing both on our dock and out in a boat. From our dock the kids (6-12yrs) do pretty well with worm catching fish 4"-6" with the occasional larger one. The older boys head out in the pedal boat and manage to pull out some photo worthy fish.

wow thanks for the info.. time to find a place that will let us rent friday to friday.. which seems to be impossible at the moment... most of them are sunday to sunday or sat to saturday..

we plan to rent for a week and only stay for 3 nights
Old 02-02-2017, 02:19 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

have you looked at airbnb or vrbo?

As an aside, it might be hard to get a spot on those dates... Those are the only 2 real long weekend's of the summer. You are going to have pretty bad traffic going up there from Vaughan...

P
Old 02-02-2017, 07:53 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

I was going to add something like that/ Those weekends are prime and I think for what you need you're probably in the $8000-10,000 range.

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2017, 11:02 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
I was going to add something like that/ Those weekends are prime and I think for what you need you're probably in the $8000-10,000 range.
Chimcu,

If you're heading up to Muskoka, there is a lot of boat traffic on the big 3 lakes up there (Muskoka, Joseph, Rosseau)....

My parents and inlaws have places up there on Lake Muskoka, and we are up most weekends when schools out.

My parent's place is in on a long bay, and they get a lot of wakes from wakeboarding boats during the day.

Other bit of advice I would give, is water safety. Make sure your kids especially if young are wearing lifejackets anywhere near the shore, unless the deck is securely gated. My kids are just now able to go down to the dock sans lifejacket if adults arent' down there. They are 14 and 11.

Enjoy your cottage time!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Chimcu, would you consider very close proximity to beautiful beach, swimming pool, hot tub and outdoor bar on site? I don't have a dock but there is fishing nearby and I would be open to Friday to Friday. Classic design but modern amenity filled log cabin that sleeps 10 comfortably. 1.5 hour drive from TO and lots of room for tents in the backyard but I doubt they will once they see inside LOL
Old 02-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pags993
Chimcu, would you consider very close proximity to beautiful beach, swimming pool, hot tub and outdoor bar on site? I don't have a dock but there is fishing nearby and I would be open to Friday to Friday. Classic design but modern amenity filled log cabin that sleeps 10 comfortably. 1.5 hour drive from TO and lots of room for tents in the backyard but I doubt they will once they see inside LOL
pm me pls...
Old 02-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

thanks for the tips ... my family and I generally like to go up 3 weekends during the summer to unwind and spend time w/ each other.. and for the most part, we all get along so it's usually a relaxing and great time.. the kids love to fish so that's my first priority on the list and the place has to have running water and clean ...

my family are germaphobe so they tend to spend the entire time cleaning lol....

Quick Reply: Looking to rent a cottage