Notices

Gundo Hack on 997

Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Who gives a rats a$$ what hack is it anyways when they all work well!!
Old 01-09-2017, 06:36 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 9964runner
the volume of both hacks is dependent on throttle position, so affected by driving style. As far as quiet<loud is all personal preference, although after a while most adjust and want a bit more.
I've had the Fister (pipe to pipe) for years recently added a 200 cell x-pipe and still wouldn't say it is to much for a DD. Ther are many around the GTA with this mod, I'm sure someone would be willing to take you for a spin to sample, I'd be game if you can wait a month or so.
I never found the fister loud at all - a little throatier for sure and more volume but hardly loud. But again its all in the ears of the beholders

I also upgrade my exhaust. Went with my fister and added 200 cell AWE cats and x51 headers. Now even I would start to say its on the loud side when you get on it

Hopefully I don't run in to that OPP as he certainly wont like me. However I still think its plenty manageable about town if youre not hitting 5k every shift

Easy decision - do the fister. If you want to hear the full deal come by my place this weekend!
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I got confused by the numerous threads mods to the stock muffler.

Gundo, Fister, PSE and now Hacksville.. I'll put the together info I found in a pdf. Pretty simple but info is scattered..
Old 01-09-2017, 06:58 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Originally Posted by Imo000
Who gives a rats a$$ what hack is it anyways when they all work well!!
I noticed they all have a different note based on sounds clip or videos. The Fisters sound deeper with a bit of gurgle. I'm trying to figure out which one to go with.

The PSE seems to just be louder and higher pitch than stock?

Attached is a summary of what I found from a lot of different threads(Gundo, Fister, PSE and Hackville).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Muffler hacks explained.pdf (448.2 KB, 803 views)
Old 01-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by AltVelo
I noticed they all have a different note based on sounds clip or videos. The Fisters sound deeper with a bit of gurgle. I'm trying to figure out which one to go with.

Attached is a summary of what I found from a lot of different threads(Gundo, Fister, PSE and Hackville).
Unless you hear all 3 car at the same and they all are stock (other than the muffler hack), you will not know what the exact differences are. Audio recordings are a crappy way to make a decision. All the hacks sound better than the stock mufflers so just go with one that your local shop is willing to do. If you don't like it, sell the mufflers, buy another stock set and try the next hack. I'm pretty sure you will like whatever you'll pick first.

If after all this, you still want something louder, I'll lend you my muffler bypasses to try. You''l need a hearing aid after trying them.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:33 PM
AltVelo
Racer

At this point, the sounds clips give me a very good idea. The one from Fister's site is a great reference as it's back to back.

Any decent muffler shop can do any these mods.. Gundo/Hackville or Fister.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Manufacturer's sites are the least reliable when it comes to claims. Audio files are easy to manipulate, find someone local that has this done and go listen to it.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Manufacturer's sites are the least reliable when it comes to claims. Audio files are easy to manipulate, find someone local that has this done and go listen to it.

Thanks for the concern but this is a technically this is just a mod to tune the exhaust note. I've haven't read claims by anyone to gains. And if they did, that's not what I was looking for. Basically this is just tune the exhaust note with the stock muffler.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:38 PM
eddy915
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definitely recommend the Fister exhaust modification. I had that on my 997 and actually found it quite tame even at full throttle. The Fabspeed I had on my 996 I think was louder.

Originally Posted by Mzsaad
hi guys,
been itching to make my 997 sound more agressive.
anyone tried gundo hack? i have listened to a few on youtube but want to listen to the sound in person. i know gundo hack sound different than stock but is it also louder?
anyone want to make me listen to their silencer?
thanks.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM
AltVelo
Racer

If it's anything close to this, I'm sold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIv...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Mzsaad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you have mentioned as fister is actually gundo.
see here
Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Thanks for the concern but this is a technically this is just a mod to tune the exhaust note. I've haven't read claims by anyone to gains. And if they did, that's not what I was looking for. Basically this is just tune the exhaust note with the stock muffler.
I didn't say anything about a gain.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:41 PM
AltVelo
Racer

Originally Posted by Mzsaad
what you have mentioned as fister is actually gundo.
see here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPTj9z-PWBI
If that's a Gundo then what is a Fister? or is Gundo the Fister? And if this is Fister, what's the mod adding a pipe from 2nd muffler outlet? In the end it doesn't matter.. just trying to reference it by name instead. I referred to it as Fister since they are the only ones selling a product.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,007 Likes on 715 Posts

the youtube guy is wrong .. what makes you guys think because its on youtube its correct
gundo is accessing the plugged port and permantly make it sound like PSE

fister is shorting the twp pipes together.

move on.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:56 PM
AltVelo
Racer

I didn't say anything about a gain.
That was in response to your comment about mfg. manipulating details.. so in general, they do that in order to? Either way, point understood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gundo Hack on 997