Notices

Tesla Discount code- $1200 off a new vehicle

Old 07-07-2016, 02:42 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is another Tesla Model S or Model X Discount $1000 Discount off A New Tesla http://ts.la/ted5066
Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Porsche changes its mind on electric vehicles, plans 50% of its production to be electric within 6 years https://electrek.co/2017/06/26/porsc...les-mission-e/

It wasn’t long ago that Porsche claimed all-electric powertrains didn’t offer enough performance to reach the level that their customers expect from the premium German brand. As their work on their first all-electric vehicle progresses, they are now changing their view on the technology and CEO Oliver Blume now says that he expects half of Porsche’s production to be electric by 2023.

The Mission E will be Porsche’s first all-electric vehicle and it is planned to enter production in 2019. Last year, Blume said that they were planning for an annual production of 20,000 units for the new vehicle. It’s a significant volume for the German automaker considering they delivered just over 230,000 vehicles worldwide last year across its entire lineup.

But now they are ready to crank it up with a second all-electric vehicle based on the Macan. In a surprising move, The CEO now says that between the two vehicles, Porsche is preparing for a capacity of 60,000 cars per year at its Zuffenhausen plant. Blume made the comment to Germany’s business magazine Manager Magazin last week. The capacity would quickly make electric vehicles an important part of its overall production and it explains why the CEO now sees them reaching 50% of its total production as soon as 2023, which is much sooner than any established automaker. It wouldn’t be too surprising for the company to achieve its goal if it can truly deliver on the expectations for the Mission E. First of all, the design of the concept is simply stunning:

And the specs that Porsche has released are somewhat arguably competitive with the performance version of the Tesla Model S, which would likely be its main competitor. The Mission E is to have “over 310 miles of range” (500 km) on a single charge, but being based in Germany, Porsche is likely talking about the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC), which is much more forgiving than the EPA rating and doesn’t really reflect real-world range. It’s should still have a more than decent range around 250 miles.

Porsche is also aiming for a 0 to 60 mph acceleration in 3.5 seconds. The automaker also claims that the Mission E will be equipped with a 800-volt charging system able to charge up to 80% in about 15 minutes. We still don’t have a good idea of the pricing, which will, of course, be an important factor. But if Porsche can deliver on the specs, it could be sitting on a great performance electric car.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:03 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Tesla is stealing away some customers, admits Porsche CEO https://electrek.co/2017/11/30/tesla...s-porsche-ceo/

Volkswagen has openly said before that they see Tesla has their main competitor in the transition to electric vehicles and now a Porsche executive adds that they respect the company, especially since they are apparently stealing some customers away. There’s no doubt that the Model S disrupted the large luxury sedan segment. In the US, it often outsells the Mercedes S-Class, Porsche’s Panamera, and the BMW 6/7 Series combined. several vehicles in the segment have seen their sales drop since Tesla entered the market. When asked about Tesla’s impact, Porsche North America CEO Klaus Zellmer told CNBC in an interview this week:

“We have lots of respect for Tesla – and, yes, I’m sure there are some Porsche customers, that in terms of connectivity, digital stuff in the car and electric battery in the vehicles, didn’t find the car that they wanted with Porsche so they bought somewhere else,” That’s not surprising since the only electric vehicles that Porsche currently offers are plug-in hybrids with very limited electric range. But they are changing that with the upcoming all-electric Mission E, which is expected to hit the market in 2019.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Read this recently about TESLA quality

http://business.financialpost.com/tr...me-workers-say
Old 12-01-2017, 10:15 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Tesla has always had poor fit & finish, so this article comes as no surprise to those who have owned or test driven their EV's. They need drastic improvement.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I like the cars.. just don't like the price and the fit n finish for what you get
I looked at one in the "showroom" in Toronto a few years ago. One of the doors was out of alignment by 1/4 inch, and this was the floor model. I spoke to one of the sales people about it, and asked how could they even sell cars that were assembled like that when people are cross shopping these against Lexus, BMW and Merc? She responded by saying that people weren't buying them for the quality, but for the image.

If I had a hour commute in the morning and afternoon, I would own one. My calculations were that the amount of gas (and likely maintenance) that you saved would pay for the vehicle over the course of its useful lifespan.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
If I had a hour commute in the morning and afternoon, I would own one. My calculations were that the amount of gas (and likely maintenance) that you saved would pay for the vehicle over the course of its useful lifespan.
Okay. So you spend 130 g's on a car that will be worth maybe 75 in 3 years to save $15,000 in fuel?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:00 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Okay. So you spend 130 g's on a car that will be worth maybe 75 in 3 years to save $15,000 in fuel?
I consider the useful lifespan of most vehicles to be 10 years+ (hell, my 911 is 15 years old). People here spend $130K plus on Panameras that are worth $75K 3 years later, AND THEY PAY FOR GAS.

Look, if you were cross shopping this against a new BMW 7 or Audi A8 (or an Merc S Class), you would pay for more depreciation and the gas, and maybe maintenance. The Model S is a nice place to be on the highway. Even in stop and go traffic you barely have to pay attention.

But if the Model S was my weekend toy, I think there are better ways to spend $130K. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money for a car that drove itself. WTF would be the point?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:12 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

^Agreed
This new obsession with Porsche cars having less depreciation is so odd.. Cars lose value, this is a given. Most depreciate while others appreciate, but these are far and few. One thing is for certain, when the economy stutters, all cars depreciate heavily. Except that with an EV, you're not paying for gasoline.
My next DD will be the Mission E, and i am very much looking forward to that experience.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:06 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
I consider the useful lifespan of most vehicles to be 10 years+ (hell, my 911 is 15 years old). People here spend $130K plus on Panameras that are worth $75K 3 years later, AND THEY PAY FOR GAS.

Look, if you were cross shopping this against a new BMW 7 or Audi A8 (or an Merc S Class), you would pay for more depreciation and the gas, and maybe maintenance. The Model S is a nice place to be on the highway. Even in stop and go traffic you barely have to pay attention.

But if the Model S was my weekend toy, I think there are better ways to spend $130K. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of money for a car that drove itself. WTF would be the point?
I agree, but you said the savings in gas would pay for itself.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:03 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Some stuff I think I recall correctly from recent media coverage. Electric cars have less than a 0.7% share, hybrids less than 2% share with declining share and volume over the last 5 years. 80% of hybrid buyers do not buy another one. When they realize battery replacement costs in only 5 or 6 years which render their cars worthless...no one wants the things. Don't understand all of the money being thrown at this looser.

Tesla reportedly looses upwards of $15K US a car or about a billion a quarter. It reportedly runs out of money in August 2018 so is in dire need of financing. Recent articles in the NP by an engineer Dave Booth goes through the math demonstrating the impossibility of recent roadster and transport truck claims with current technology. Apparently Tesla sold almost 3,000 vehicles in each of Denmark and Norway, until subsidies came off resulting in no sales in Denmark and under 200 in Norway. I'm betting the end is nigh.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:04 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Tesla is being held afloat by US government subsidies and loans. They are handing out $ at record low interest rates and until the US economy corrects itself, they'll continue to burn through that free cash in the name of innovation.
EV, is here and will come on strong within the next 5 years. Some major manufacturers (like Porsche) are digging in and moving ahead, It's simply a matter of time.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:50 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

I think you are confused. Manufacturers don't determine what succeeds, consumers do. Since 1903 automobile electrification has received an indisputable thumbs down. Don't see that changing.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

1903? lol.. Countries in Europe and Asia are already pushing forward laws to ban ICE, forever. I am fully aware of what markets like China are demanding and that is cleaner forms of transport. An example: E6 emissions laws are already changing the mindsets of manufacturers (ie: No more NA engines for Pcars outside of GT, for now..). This also combines with regulations in the largest market in the world, China, where they are applying huge tariffs for ICE over 3L. Soon they will push for full EV, as their environmental concerns grow.

The Youth of today look forward to the future..
Old 12-01-2017, 07:29 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I agree, but you said the savings in gas would pay for itself.
At the time the dollar was stronger and gas was more expensive. I think I also extrapolated the price of gas 10 years into the future.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tesla Discount code- $1200 off a new vehicle