Notices

OT: Jason Cammisa

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:59 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts
Thumbs up OT: Jason Cammisa

I sure find this guy a lot more informative and entertaining than Chris Harris.......

Old 03-11-2016, 08:06 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Always thought the new NSX was a Japanese R8

http://www.motortrend.com/news/acura...gn-comparison/
Old 03-11-2016, 10:36 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11

Except for all of that expensive heavy electric junk.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:00 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11

What did the R8 ever do to you? ;-)

Seriously, new R8 has a 610-hp naturally aspirated V10...you gotta love that!
Old 03-11-2016, 01:13 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't agree more with the clip and Jason is really good. Describes the overall trend perfectly, big/heavy/expensive cars with massive HP numbers (to over come with weight of all the stupid stuff they put in), dead steering feel (or faked by simulation) as its the only way to control all these systems. Only affordable or available to a very select few that in reality want comfy GT with massive HP numbers vice simple/light engaging sports cars!!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:25 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason Cammisa is a great presenter. He can convey technical facts in a clever and entertaining way without the typical car show droll.
Honda hasn't innovated anything with the new NSX, they just threw more technical parts at it and made the so called "supercar" - porky. This one may backfire...no pun.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:30 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Makes me appreciate my 996tt more.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:32 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Makes me want to get an old NSX!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

he reminds me of the wimpy brother in 2 and half men.
I find him really boring.
oh and that new car is fugly!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:37 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Too heavy for me. Interesting enough, designed by a woman.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:03 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with his comment about the F355 and a daily driver sedan...

I think this car appeals to a generation of up coming car guys that the majority of us here will not understand. (Actually, in the next generation, instead of "car guys" it will have to be "The general population car enthusiast including LGBT and cross gender individuals who may have an interest in cars but define themselves by other stronger preferred identity or interest). The software and the technology will appeal to... You know what? I don't care anymore... let them have the freakin car. I don't want it, I don't care, come over and grab a drink if you want to help me rebuild an engine or fix something I crashed recently.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:24 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by bronson7
Too heavy for me. Interesting enough, designed by a woman.
How dare you be so rude to women and fat people!

I am not serious...

The problem I have with the majority of cars these days is that they are not being designed to please the driver directly. They are being designed so the driver can tell people all about the car and all the features it has, and what it is capable of... It's like new cars are complex French food, and many true enthusiasts really want the best BBQ ribs or a the best steak. Simple but high quality, not complex and feature rich.

I always wanted Mercedes to build a simple 4-door sedan, with a solid powerful engine, minimum feature set (AC, power windows, bluetooth for cell phone, ABS, airbags), a 6-speed auto, and concentrate on super high quality, passenger safety in a collision, and driver feel. (Please leave out ALL driver assist, traction control, adjustability of features, and other complex pieces). Keep the weight down, and deliver it for a competitive cost.

Then have Porsche build a car that... well... the GT4 I guess... but cheaper. LOL! Give the driver all the control, feel, and responsibility. Keep their attention on driving, not about setting the perfect config for the current situation. Let the driver change gears and feel the engine vibrate... I want my leg to quiver when I decide to hold the clutch in at a light... and make the gears rattle and whine... the breaks squeal... and it has to shoot out flames on overrun with a PWHAAAP that makes cats run with crooked tails, makes the woman duck their heads, and Americans reach for their hip. Also, pipe the fuel vapor directly into the passenger compartment, and have a pull out tray with a sponge soaked in oil so I get my hands dirty when I freakin want!! Ya... the alcantara is dirty... smells like gas... shoots flames out the rear... all things that remind me of your wife.... shut up and drive it... don't apologize either.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:03 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PPo
How dare you be so rude to women and fat people!

I am not serious...

The problem I have with the majority of cars these days is that they are not being designed to please the driver directly. They are being designed so the driver can tell people all about the car and all the features it has, and what it is capable of... It's like new cars are complex French food, and many true enthusiasts really want the best BBQ ribs or a the best steak. Simple but high quality, not complex and feature rich.

I always wanted Mercedes to build a simple 4-door sedan, with a solid powerful engine, minimum feature set (AC, power windows, bluetooth for cell phone, ABS, airbags), a 6-speed auto, and concentrate on super high quality, passenger safety in a collision, and driver feel. (Please leave out ALL driver assist, traction control, adjustability of features, and other complex pieces). Keep the weight down, and deliver it for a competitive cost.

Then have Porsche build a car that... well... the GT4 I guess... but cheaper. LOL! Give the driver all the control, feel, and responsibility. Keep their attention on driving, not about setting the perfect config for the current situation. Let the driver change gears and feel the engine vibrate... I want my leg to quiver when I decide to hold the clutch in at a light... and make the gears rattle and whine... the breaks squeal... and it has to shoot out flames on overrun with a PWHAAAP that makes cats run with crooked tails, makes the woman duck their heads, and Americans reach for their hip. Also, pipe the fuel vapor directly into the passenger compartment, and have a pull out tray with a sponge soaked in oil so I get my hands dirty when I freakin want!! Ya... the alcantara is dirty... smells like gas... shoots flames out the rear... all things that remind me of your wife.... shut up and drive it... don't apologize either.
You Sir, deserve a Pulitzer Prize....in fiction category
Old 03-12-2016, 06:06 PM
breakfast
Pro

Normally I find Jason tries way too hard. And that's an understatement.
However that's the best I have seen him to date.

Great video . Where is noble to tell us this guy is wrong ?

I love me some original nsx...Hondas fun cars of the 90s and very early 2000s are beautiful to drive. Period.

Sucks they went over board here. I'd like to say with advanced materials (carbon and steel ) they could make some huge changes and savings in weight but they are so slow. It'll be another 20.yrs.

The woman who "designed " the car massaged the concept with a TEAM of people. Great marketing tool using her. (She's hawt) but get real. It was teams of people responsible for it.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:30 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^Yes, HOT she is.

Quick Reply: OT: Jason Cammisa