Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Spring Skiing in Quebec in March 2016? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/919098-spring-skiing-in-quebec-in-march-2016-a.html)

petee_c 02-17-2016 11:51 AM

Spring Skiing in Quebec in March 2016?

How's the winter been in the Mont Tremblant area? I know that Ottawa got a record dump of snow yesterday....

We are tossing up the idea of a midweek ski trip to Tremblant over the March Break. Probably not the best year to do it, but our March break options are limited due to my son's hockey commitments...

Peter

Gregster 02-17-2016 11:35 PM

Let me know. I would be interested in possibly meeting up before I head to Europe.

DRPM 02-18-2016 07:15 PM

i skied Tremblant today and conditions were great lots of new snow
they didn't get hammered with rain the lower laurentians got on tues

no guarantee what happens in March but shud be good coverage, i live close by and have a pass... ski a lot in march-april sunshine days...send me a note when you plan to go

wildcat077 02-18-2016 08:18 PM

I was in Tremblant last Thursday... -22C at the top and the wind on the North side was blowing us back up the hill ... lol
Beautiful in Mont Blanc today,imagine it was the same at Tremblant which is just down the road !
Check Tremblant's website, they have online deals for advance tickets at $55.00 dollars

Cheers
Phil

Dr Mitch 02-19-2016 08:58 AM

I'll be there with the family over last half of March break this year. Friends of ours go every year at that time and always seem to have quite good conditions.

petee_c 02-19-2016 10:55 AM

Thanks for the replies all...

I replied to an ad in VRBO looking for a price on a condo, and the owner was quite frank and said that she isn't renting at the moment due to noise..... what type of noise? Are they doing construction in the village? She recommended I not look for accomodations in the village at this time....

Anyone here know? I did a google search on noise, and the track came up, but I don't imagine they are operating now...

We were hoping for ski in / ski out, but it is looking $$$. We've never skied March Break. Our trips before have always been the lull period in early January to early February.

Anyone have insight into accomodations?

VRBO owner emailed back.... Noise: Bar owner playing music too loud, trying to get money for spring reno or some BS....

ronnie993tt 02-19-2016 12:14 PM

I'm at Tremblant now. 47 cm on Tuesday, another 15 tonight and more forecast for next week. Used powder straps last 2 days. Daytime temps -10ish. Yesterday was a bluebird day. Lots of base. Season will easily go to scheduled close in April.

wildcat077 02-19-2016 04:52 PM

If you want to ski right out the door , you can stay at Sommet des Neiges in the Village which is a two minute walk from the Gondola or Chateau Beauvallon which is a five minute drive to the P1 parking where the chairlift is 30 seconds away ...

Chateau Beauvallon has their own dining room as well as a nice quiet bar,look them up on their website or if you want more action, Sommet des Neiges is your place !

wildcat077 02-19-2016 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gregster (Post 13027456)
Let me know. I would be interested in possibly meeting up before I head to Europe.

Greg,

Tremblant next Thursday ???

Let me know :)

petee_c 02-19-2016 08:47 PM

Ok. Tremblant is pretty much booked up. Any other suggestions? Other decent ski hills with good accommodations?

My kids are 10 and 13 and intermediate skiers, they've skied Colorado and be, but haven't been anywhere big for at least 3yrs. I'm falling apart, so I won't be following them in the trees anymore.

Peter

Brian 162 02-19-2016 10:11 PM

I have friends that have a place in the Laurentians and they go to Le Massif. I've been to Stoneham in the spring. It was o/k.

Gregster 02-19-2016 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by wildcat077 (Post 13032776)
Greg,

Tremblant next Thursday ???

Let me know :)

I shall. I think my apprentice is working that day. Would be nice to have a day off

wildcat077 02-21-2016 11:24 PM

Greg,

Will most likely be skiing at Tremblant with my son on Friday ... i'll call you this week
to confirm as it's cheaper to buy the tickets in advance online !

Dwane 02-22-2016 10:33 AM

Rained, pretty much, all day Saturday.