Notices

Warning re front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 09:32 AM
tanner1974
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian 162
According to the Star article they were adding Open for Business on commercial plates. Yours to Discover will remain on passenger vehicles.
Seems that he backtracked it now because he did mention the same slogan would be used on passenger vehicle plates previousy but now some other slogan will be used for the blue/white plates. IMO the "Open for Business" slogan is dumb, just look at other plate slogans from other states/provinces but that's just my opinion.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/04/...icence-plates/

There was also a mention of the province looking at getting rid of the front plate.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

[QUOTE=wc11;15748686]
Originally Posted by Imo000

But smart & educated are 2 different things. I've met many well educated stupid people.
+1 A now deceased multi millionaire I knew couldnt read yet had the best street smarts of anyone Ive met.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gear Rower
Hey guys,

Just a heads-up that there must have been a recent discussion amongst our provincial (Ontario) LEOs regarding absent front license plates.

After months of driving without a front plate without issue (and passing through numerous RIDE programs, etc), I have been stopped no less than 3 (!) times in the past 5 days by three different officers for the sole reason of not having a front plate mounted. Two warnings and one fine as a result, not to mention to pain-in-the-*** hassle of being pulled over.

I changed my front bumper to the Sport Design last autumn and was (honestly) planning on getting a tow-hook plate mount after the winter weather settled down, but I've now placed my order and will be mounting my plate up asap. It's REALLY not worth the hassle or fines.

Safe driving out there.
Yah, been dinged for that and dodged it after the hassle of appearing. I found another solution...moving to Nova Scotia!

Not for that reason alone though.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

20 pages so far about a rectangle in front of a car is impressive. I just prefer to drive the things.

Clearly a lot of people must prefer to look at their cars parked because I can’t see the difference from inside and there will never be the most minuscule reason such as the hilarious assertion that they are aerodynamically inefficient

So, conclusion is that people care about parked cars
The following users liked this post:
Bahama (05-30-2020)
Old 04-09-2019, 12:15 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
20 pages so far about a rectangle in front of a car is impressive. I just prefer to drive the things.

Clearly a lot of people must prefer to look at their cars parked because I can’t see the difference from inside and there will never be the most minuscule reason such as the hilarious assertion that they are aerodynamically inefficient

So, conclusion is that people care about parked cars:)
Conclusion must be true, otherwise why would anyone pay for PTS.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:28 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is pretty impressive to respond to the same thread over the course of 2 to 3 years, especially if one does not agree with the consensus of the thread.
Is it just me or do people who say they don't care about something actually care the most? It literally takes half a second to unsubscribe from a thread if you really don't care.

I would have figured Porsche owners would be more mature than the plebs that plague the BMW communities and realize that there are people who care about things you don't.
Why do some feel a need to constantly reiterate the fact that they don't care about something to a group of people who obviously do? If you don't understand, just move on. Only snowflakes feel the need to instigate and provoke others with differing opinions.

I was subscribed to this thread because I wanted to get relevant updates from others who also care about this issue. Instead, I keep getting notified about the same people who keep coming back to say they don't care. Well, buddy, I think you do. A little too much I'm afraid. I'm tired of these notifications so I unsubscribed.

To fellow members who care about the front plate, guess we'll just see in a few days hopefully. Again, doubtful but hopeful. No need to be upset if it doesn't go through.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 976 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3rs
I think it is pretty impressive to respond to the same thread over the course of 2 to 3 years, especially if one does not agree with the consensus of the thread.
Is it just me or do people who say they don't care about something actually care the most? It literally takes half a second to unsubscribe from a thread if you really don't care.

I would have figured Porsche owners would be more mature than the plebs that plague the BMW communities and realize that there are people who care about things you don't.
Why do some feel a need to constantly reiterate the fact that they don't care about something to a group of people who obviously do? If you don't understand, just move on. Only snowflakes feel the need to instigate and provoke others with differing opinions.

I was subscribed to this thread because I wanted to get relevant updates from others who also care about this issue. Instead, I keep getting notified about the same people who keep coming back to say they don't care. Well, buddy, I think you do. A little too much I'm afraid. I'm tired of these notifications so I unsubscribed.

To fellow members who care about the front plate, guess we'll just see in a few days hopefully. Again, doubtful but hopeful. No need to be upset if it doesn't go through.
Why do you keep letting other people’s opinions affect you in this way? Like they say, opinions are like A$$ holes, everyone’s got one. And this is an open forum.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:18 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I’m sure that we all enjoy driving our cars as much as possible. Mine looks like a work of art parked in my driveway!

Originally Posted by Ronan

So, conclusion is that people care about parked cars
Old 04-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Under what name were you hiding in the BMW forums?
Old 04-09-2019, 04:13 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

You shouldn't get annoyed by people coming back to post the same thing. There is not much activity on this subforum so people get really excited and can't help themselves when something "controversial" comes along that they can post about. Apart from the front license plate, there is also the seasonal "oil on sale" posts (my personal favourite) and the odd political posts that get people all spicy, but most of the typical posts deal with people selling $5 and $10 knick knacks from their cars or re-posting articles about cars and other stuff.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs an OEM deployable rear spoiler for a 991.1 (in jet black), please let me know and you can have it for free. It's just sitting in my basement. I have extra oil I can give you as well.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
You shouldn't get annoyed by people coming back to post the same thing. There is not much activity on this subforum so people get really excited and can't help themselves when something "controversial" comes along that they can post about. Apart from the front license plate, there is also the seasonal "oil on sale" posts (my personal favourite) and the odd political posts that get people all spicy, but most of the typical posts deal with people selling $5 and $10 knick knacks from their cars or re-posting articles about cars and other stuff.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs an OEM deployable rear spoiler for a 991.1 (in jet black), please let me know and you can have it for free. It's just sitting in my basement. I have extra oil I can give you as well.
I suppose so. Though it is normal for regional sub forums to be less active than those for specific models because there aren't much in common to discuss. I only check the Canadian sub forum for any updates regarding the front plate so it's annoying to get notifications only to see the same comments being made.
That's okay, I just took my own advice and unsubscribed so it's all good.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 71 Posts

Maybe Ford government will be answering this huge thread!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ates-1.5089814
Old 04-10-2019, 02:56 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

"A Place to Grow" will be the new slogan on the licence plates of Ontario drivers, CBC News has learned. Two sources in the government say the motto will replace "Yours To Discover" on the plates of personal vehicles. The sources say the government is considering "Open for Business" as the slogan on commercial plates, but would not confirm if the decision has been made.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:15 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that the license plates were screwed up AGAIN in Ontario, can we please just cut 50% of the cost of new ones for everyone and remove the requirement for front plates?
The following users liked this post:
ISPYA718 (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 07:02 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
Now that the license plates were screwed up AGAIN in Ontario, can we please just cut 50% of the cost of new ones for everyone and remove the requirement for front plates?

I expect this will be a key priority as the governments struggle to manage the current health and economic crisis.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ronan:
928gt (05-25-2020), wc11 (05-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Warning re front license plate