Notices

Warning re front license plate

Old 04-02-2019, 10:57 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,001 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
Think about the new holes you'll never need to drill ever again.
Well, until
The next government comes in and sees revenue opportunity
Old 04-02-2019, 11:58 AM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

For those that will miss their front plates and drilling their front bumper you can always order a “novelty plate”. Canadian Flag, Luv my ��, etc...
Old 04-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Minister of Transportation for Ontario. BTW, Only three other provinces still require front licence plates on passenger vehicles: Ontario, British Columbia and Manitoba

Tell him to ditch the front plates please. https://www.jeffyurekmpp.com/contact
Old 04-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Minister of Transportation for Ontario. BTW, Only three other provinces still require front licence plates on passenger vehicles: Ontario, British Columbia and Manitoba

Tell him to ditch the front plates please. https://www.jeffyurekmpp.com/contact
I did and told him too that I want to keep the front plate.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:59 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

PLATES for ONTARIO For those people here in Ontario interested in telling Mr Ford to please rescind the requirement for the front plate in his upcoming policy statement - so you can legally drive without worrying - please send him your thoughts here. Be nice :-)
https://correspondence.premier.gov.o...k/default.aspx
Those are some big words for a grade 11 dropout like Mr. Ford. You may have to send him a simpler message that he can actually understand:

Old 04-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Porsches
Racer

[QUOTE=928gt;15746380]Those are some big words for a grade 11 dropout like Mr. Ford. You may have to send him a simpler message that he can actually understand]

Grade 2 or Grade 11, or a bunch liars like the last crew who was in office, I see absolutely no sense slamming the fact he’s in office like so many people do. I am not for any party - but for good planning and good decisions based on facts. And I do ensure my voice is at least heard - unlike those who complain and then never contact the grade 11 person in office or anyone else. You have a voice - please use it wisely. For better or for worse, he’s the man. And whether or not he’s purple or 12 years old - I’ll ask him to remove this waste of metal and this aerodynamic inefficient plate anyways.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:41 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Porsches;15747211]
Originally Posted by 928gt
Those are some big words for a grade 11 dropout like Mr. Ford. You may have to send him a simpler message that he can actually understand]

Grade 2 or Grade 11, or a bunch liars like the last crew who was in office, I see absolutely no sense slamming the fact he’s in office like so many people do. I am not for any party - but for good planning and good decisions based on facts. And I do ensure my voice is at least heard - unlike those who complain and then never contact the grade 11 person in office or anyone else. You have a voice - please use it wisely. For better or for worse, he’s the man. And whether or not he’s purple or 12 years old - I’ll ask him to remove this waste of metal and this aerodynamic inefficient plate anyways.
You don't have a problem with someone who dropped out of high school having the power to decide over your and your children's futures? Even if you completely remove Mr. Ford's [lack of] qualifications from the equation, why are you complaining about something as trivial as a front license plate then?

As for the facts, the revenue indirectly generated by the province because of the existence of said front plates easily amounts to double that generated from all other traffic violations. That small piece of reflective metal on the front of the car is responsible for radiating back over 98% of the energy of a radar / laser gun. Police cars in the province now have an automated license plate recognition system, which reads 30 plates per second from 60' away and emits an alert if there's a hit (for example if you haven't renewed your plate sticker, not to mention if the registered owner of the vehicle is wanted for something more serious). Furthermore, it's the front plates that are read by the majority of speed cameras (photo radar) that are currently in operation elsewhere in the world, which Mr. Tory - Mr. Ford's exalted predecessor - asked that bunch of liars to implement and which they thankfully declined. It may be a waste of metal to you, but it most certainly isn't to law enforcement and the revenuers.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:12 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't bother responding to the trolls, they get off on people taking their bait. They don't actually care about the issue so much as provoking the members here because they have nothing better to do.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:23 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Yay - Dr. mattress must have looked in the mirror!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:42 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

LOL to aerodynamically inefficient plates. I personally need that extra .001km/h at 300 or so. Embarrassing to be passed by an identical unplated car when I am buffeted by the huge resistance of a front plate. Those poor Germans on the autobahn with their slow GT2RS should rise up in protest.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53 AM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Licence plates are an old antiquated concept that has not changed fundamentally since 1903. Like it or not the requirement will change to eventually include digital RFID replacing most of the current need for a licence plate be it front or back.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
LOL to aerodynamically inefficient plates. I personally need that extra .001km/h at 300 or so. Embarrassing to be passed by an identical unplated car when I am buffeted by the huge resistance of a front plate. Those poor Germans on the autobahn with their slow GT2RS should rise up in protest.
It's an environmental issue. Giant front plate = less aerodynamic = use more fuel = baby seals die.

It's the same problem with stop signs and speed bumps.

Please. Just think of the children.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 991.2 GTS
Licence plates are an old antiquated concept that has not changed fundamentally since 1903. Like it or not the requirement will change to eventually include digital RFID replacing most of the current need for a licence plate be it front or back.
As are cars themselves. People's transportation requirements will eventually change to teleportation, but until that happens I am afraid we are stuck with having to use both.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:47 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
LOL to aerodynamically inefficient plates. I personally need that extra .001km/h at 300 or so.
My Mini wears no front plate when I'm at Mosport--it's so slow going up the back straight without it that I'd be going backwards with it installed

Gary
Old 04-03-2019, 10:56 AM
Porsches
Racer

[QUOTE=928gt;15747341]

1: You don't have a problem with someone who dropped out of high school having the power to decide over your and your children's futures? .....

2: That small piece of reflective metal on the front of the car is responsible for radiating back over 98% of the energy of a radar / laser gun. Police cars in the province now have an automated license plate recognition system, which reads 30 plates per second from 60' away and emits an alert if there's a hit (for example if you haven't renewed your plate sticker, not to mention if the registered owner of the vehicle is wanted for something more serious). Furthermore, it's the front plates that are read by the majority of speed cameras (photo radar)
I guess I didn't realize the s#$% storm in this thread...wow. Was only trying to add content and allow people to make their case to the Minister. Take a pill please.
1: No. No I do not - because some of the smartest people have no formal eduction beyond grade 10 - People with University education in something significant - like Greek studies - and who then claim "there are no jobs" is unfortunate - for them, and for us - who have to pay to support their bad educational decisions.
2: You made my case. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warning re front license plate