Notices

Cars start to debut at..CES!....a trend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Cars start to debut at..CES!....a trend?

The world of cars and consumer electronics continues to blur, especially with the Ford Google partnership for instance, and now, the Ford GT will likely debut at CES, not at an auto show. Any bets on when Porsche starts to show up?...my own sense is that Porsche has not been in front of these trends so will take a while....

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/cars-take-over-ces
Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM
carrera
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty soon I would guess.
I have received a few surveys from Porsche Re: electric cars.
Tesla is moving very quickly with their free quick charge stations,
recently opening another in port hope.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:32 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure its a new trend, even back in 2011 Tesla and Ford had a significant presence at CES. At MWC (like CES but focusing on Mobile instead of TVs and Home), Ford was there over the last few years. Unlike an autoshow, CES and MWC are industry insider shows where deals and new partnerships are made. Neither CES nor MWC are open to the public, and if you are an insider the passes are around $600.

As cars get more techy and less focused on driving, you'll see more of them at these shows, even tech news outlets have legit automotive journalists now to cover this space.

Porsche might not have cars there but Porsche staff is there for sure and looks like VW group has a big presence this year, so deals with technology partners will be made.

Also Ford GT debuted at Detroit last year, at CES they will likely just show off some new tech their partners added, cause its their partners who are there to make new deals and showcase their technology.

Quick Reply: Cars start to debut at..CES!....a trend?