Notices

Schumacher walking again???

Old 12-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993
Since when are Gopro mounts screwed into helmets?! LMAO...

There is only one way to attach the helmet rig and that is with the provided 3M double sided tape on the mount itself.

Helmet mount offered for sale by GoPro. I mis-spoke, should have typed "attached" or "mounted" but I wasn't expecting anyone to parse my post for that level of detail. Some people actually do screw them on, usually motorcyclists. The point is, the rigid steel mount on his helmet caused it to fail when it struck the rock. I don't know exactly how Schumacher's was attached. Maybe he used Krazy Glue.

Does your comment mean you're one of those people who actually wear a GoPro on their head while skiing? Oh man...
Old 12-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

I thought the camera mount made his head over rotate and cause the real damage to his brain.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:12 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
Does your comment mean you're one of those people who actually wear a GoPro on their head while skiing? Oh man...
Back in my day... our friends held the camera when we where doing stupid tricks. I don't understand people's need to record their entire lives... please save me the "to improve my form" and the "for legal reasons" non-sense.

I am grumpy... I admit it.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:16 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster

Helmet mount offered for sale by GoPro. I mis-spoke, should have typed "attached" or "mounted" but I wasn't expecting anyone to parse my post for that level of detail. Some people actually do screw them on, usually motorcyclists. The point is, the rigid steel mount on his helmet caused it to fail when it struck the rock. I don't know exactly how Schumacher's was attached. Maybe he used Krazy Glue.

Not at all, besides a chicken head point-of-view shot, it wouldn't be safe. I put mine on a monopod to get some amazing up-close footage tearing up the slopes.

Last edited by boman993; 12-25-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993
Not at all, besides a chicken head point-of-view shot, it wouldn't be safe. I put mine on a monopod to get some amazing up-close footage tearing up the slopes.
I had mine mounted on my helmet via double sided tape until MS accident them I removed it as I felt the camera caused me to take unnecessary risks to look cool on film. That being said Ski helmets are something I replace annually, I don't feel they are made up at all to the same specs as racing helmets or even motorcycle. During the course of a season I take a few tumbles were I'm glad to be wearing one though. I still see so many people without them.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I had mine mounted on my helmet via double sided tape until MS accident them I removed it as I felt the camera caused me to take unnecessary risks to look cool on film. That being said Ski helmets are something I replace annually, I don't feel they are made up at all to the same specs as racing helmets or even motorcycle. During the course of a season I take a few tumbles were I'm glad to be wearing one though. I still see so many people without them.
I agree and took mine off for the same reason as I also found myself doing things that I would not normally do just to get a good shot. Now I just enjoy skiing, no need to record anything.

A helmet will only protect you so much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Schumacher walking again???