Notices

Canada's reputation

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 04:52 PM
V996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redd
At a boy! ..... I'm the racist for openly saying that Trudeau targets his voters ! Ha!.....
I suppose we should also double the number of refugies Trudeau wants to admit into Canada.... otherwise he would also appear racist for not admitting as many as Germany per capita.That is really socially responsible for Canadians...... and here is the bill dear citizens....... (another tax hike in view)
His refugie policy is as self serving as you are when you call me a racist.
I guess the pressure is getting to you with Monday just around the corner...... get a hold of yourself.
It's kinda racist to say "Justin is mumbling in Arabic again!" in a derogatory way, yes. Just stop and think for a minute about what an Arabic person would think if they read your post. They would think they are marginalized and worthless as a voter by a fellow Canadian.

Yes, we should. Studies show that accepting refugees leads to increased GDP and long term economic benefits and job creation. When you accept young refugees you accept people who are already able and willing to enter the work force which increases the consumer goods buying, tax paying base immediately.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:52 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on, have you really listened to this guy speak? Do you think he is a leader? Go ahead and vote for him, just like all the idiots who voted in McGuinty and Wynne and watch the Liberals ruin our country, just like they have ruined Ontario.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Donster
Pro

Originally Posted by V996
PS legalizing pot will bring in billions of tax revenue that the Liberal tax plan doesn't even include in its budget. It will also cut court costs and jail costs of non-violent drug offenders. If you don't believe me, look at Colorado and Oregon.
I don't believe you, and I have looked at Colorado and Oregon. You should too, before you post about it, as the anticipated tax revenues for sales of legal cannabis have not materialized in either state.

Just more evidence of your tendency to regurgitate the Liberal party line instead of thinking for yourself.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Donster
Pro

It's kinda racist to say "Justin is mumbling in Arabic again!" in a derogatory way, yes. Just stop and think for a minute about what an Arabic person would think if they read your post. They would think they are marginalized and worthless as a voter by a fellow Canadian.

Yes, we should. Studies show that accepting refugees leads to increased GDP and long term economic benefits and job creation. When you accept young refugees you accept people who are already able and willing to enter the work force which increases the consumer goods buying, tax paying base immediately.
Please explain how the current wave of refugees and (mostly) economic migrants now arriving in Europe are "already able and willing to enter the work force...immediately" since almost none of them speak English or French, and most have very little in the way of advanced education or job skills (which is why they are economic migrants in the first place).
Old 10-18-2015, 05:00 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

BTW, as soon as they legalize pot, I am definitely going to go out and buy some and pay tax on it instead of going to my usual dealer and avoiding tax. The idea that legalizing it will lead to less children smoking pot is as stupid as Trudeau is. I also can't wait for all the potheads sharing the road with me while they're all high.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:21 PM
V996
Racer

Originally Posted by Donster
While a number of your points are valid, many are either incorrect or at best incomplete versions of the facts. The whole thing appears to be lifted straight from Liberal or NDP party talking points without any critical analysis on your part whatsoever.
1. "Election fraud" is a gross overstatement of truth and implies the Conservatives would not have won the last several elections without cheating. This is obviously false, although there certainly were financial irregularities (committed by members of all major parties, but admittedly mostly Conservatives) that deserve investigation and sanction. However none of this would change election outcomes meaningfully.
2. The stuff about "putting all our investment into oil" is utter nonsense; just demonstrably false opposition fabrication. Federal government investment in the oil industry has not increased under the Conservatives; it's been private industry that has made the investment. In any case, it's highly unlikely a Liberal or NDP government under the same circumstances would have chosen NOT to permit a similar expansion of the western Canadian oil industry.
3. The "stripped federal protection of river and waterways" thing is another fabrication. I suggest you look up the facts before posting on it.
4. We already know what has happened to missing and murdered Aboriginal women. The RCMP has released the stats. Over 90% of aboriginal women who are murdered are killed by (surprise!) aboriginal men. Unfortunately nobody really wants to discuss that in depth. An inquiry into the matter will certainly be a multi-year, billion dollar airing of grievances that changes absolutely nothing.
5. The "Harper Government" moniker is a product of the opposition, not the Conservatives. It's still officially called "The Government of Canada". Relax.
6. The first past the post electoral system has served Canada very well for nearly 150 years. Many people (me included) oppose changing it. One need only look at Australia or Israel to see that alternative schemes are prone to corruption and unstable coalition government in which marginal fringe parties often hold the balance of power. Give me a system that keeps the fringe on the fringe any time, and I include the old Reform party in that description. I didn't hear Liberals complaining about FPTP when it kept them in power during the Chretien years.

I have cherry picked a few examples of inaccuracies or outright falsehoods in your post. I could go on and on (you certainly did) but your post is simply too long and rambling to address all its shortcomings.

Like many Canadians, I haven't voted Liberal since Chretien. I would like to vote Liberal again, but will never, ever vote for a man who would be Prime Minister based only on his father's identity rather than his own merits. It dismays me that so many Canadians will; it smacks of monarchy. While I agree that the performance of the Conservative government over the last couple of terms leaves much to be desired and that Harper in particular has been disappointing it's very clear that you have swallowed the Liberal party line completely, and are either incapable of or too intellectually lazy to give political issues serious objective thought. In that sense you are the perfect Trudeau voter.
So don't vote based on his name? Vote based on his policies and leadership. If you don't agree with them, cool. It's a democracy. I'd like to see what credentials Harper had back in 2003 that overruled Justin's though.

Actually I have voted NDP in every federal election until this one, as my local Liberal candidate has great credentials and cares about our community and also has a legitimate chance of winning (NDP doesn't). I swear no allegiance to any political party and I would even vote Conservative if they acted with reason. Keep trying to fit me in your box though.

1. I know it didn't change the outcome, but it is still reprehensible. Why are you handwaving election crime? It's anti-democratic. He also put in the "fair" elections act which just makes it harder for certain segments of the population to vote, namely those who are traditionally voting for other parties. Don't be naive.
2. What I meant is they've hinged all of their budget and economic policies on strong oil growth. Which is true.
3. http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...ents_show.html
4. Matter of opinion, that's why I left it out of my main talking points. It's up to you to decide if it is worth government time and I won't disagree with that.
5. Uhh are you just behind on this...? Even Conservatives have acknowledged this one dude. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article569222/
6. I have always been against FPTP, I don't care what the parties are saying currently. I care about an issue that has let a party with 39% of the vote govern the country WITHOUT RESTRAINT, including the Liberals in the 90s. It is not democracy. Even though I think fringe conspiracy nuts don't deserve to run the government, if that's what 5% of a democratic country believes in, they deserve their say too. You don't get to decide what voices should be heard, sir. And I am in support of minority governments, some of our best reforms were due to minority governments (single-payer healthcare most notably). When parties are forced to work together, all Canadians benefit and have their interests protected.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Banned

I drive a 968 as well
So you vote NDP
Old 10-18-2015, 06:07 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by PbPedis
I also can't wait for all the potheads sharing the road with me while they're all high.
So how will that be any different from now?
Old 10-18-2015, 06:14 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

BTW, as soon as they legalize pot, I am definitely going to go out and buy some and pay tax on it instead of going to my usual dealer and avoiding tax. The idea that legalizing it will lead to less children smoking pot is as stupid as Trudeau is. I also can't wait for all the potheads sharing the road with me while they're all high.
They all ready do.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Banned

Get a prescription it is legal.
Many clinics around. Just google
Old 10-18-2015, 06:36 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965356
Get a prescription it is legal.
Many clinics around. Just google
Not only are there clinics there are legal token joints. (sorry couldn't help that )
Old 10-18-2015, 06:44 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 241 Likes on 163 Posts

If you are a user you don't want pot to be legalized. The price will sky rocket from the taxes any government will impose. The answers to the questions you ask V996 are pretty much common knowledge. Where you get the idea fossil fuels are relatively expensive is beyond me. Only coal is cheaper and we have hundreds if not thousands of years supply of it and fossil fuels. Justin's elimination of income splitting and reducing the TFSA will cost the average retired couple or working family of 4 over $4,000. His dinky little mid tax gap reduction will be under $1,000 so that will be the immediate cost to we poor taxpayers. Then there'll be more to come to finance those $10 billion deficits. They don't call 'em "tax & spend Liberals" for nothing.

Last edited by ronnie993tt; 10-18-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:02 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jumper5836
They all ready do.
I know that, but it will get worse. If they changed the legal drinking age to 16, there would be more drunk teenagers out there driving. I'm not naive enough to think there is nobody out there driving stoned right now because pot is illegal. However, if the government now tells you it's okay to smoke up, don't you think there will be more people doing it? Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As for getting a prescription, you can't just walk into your GP's office requesting a prescription for medical marijuana.

And as for the price of marijuana going up, that would only be for those who purchase it through the legal route. The vast majority will still get it the way they do now, and guess what, the government won't make a single cent on taxes that way.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:11 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

If that clown gets elected, I'm paying THOUSANDS more in taxes. And that money will go to help settle a bunch of ISIS sympathizers. Call me "ignorant" if you want for saying that, I don't give a sh*t!!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:12 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Come on, have you really listened to this guy speak? Do you think he is a leader? Go ahead and vote for him, just like all the idiots who voted in McGuinty and Wynne and watch the Liberals ruin our country, just like they have ruined Ontario.
Look at Harper's background before he became PM. Not much there! Trudeau is about the same. However, the big difference is everyone sold him short. Mulcair was going the wipe the floor with him in the debates. Teneicke (Harper spokesperson) said Trudeau only has to show up with his pants on for the debates. Well he defied the odds and won three of the five debates and held his own in the other two.

He may not be the best but it's all it took to beat the other two lumps he is running against. Harper threw in the towel a week ago. When you need Rob Ford for votes you are in serious trouble. Just look at Harper's demeanor and he is back in one of his dark moods. Neither Harper or Mulcair will survive this defeat.
Something else in the news today. The former lawyers from the PMO are speaking out saying Harper has lost the moral ground to govern.

I'm sure the boys in short pants and that pit bull Jenny Burns are packing their stuff as we speak.

Ten years is long enough for a "Party of One".

Quick Reply: Canada's reputation