Notices

Question: Vehicle Transport From Vancouver To Toronto

Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 AM
herrquan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

I used TFX to ship mine from Montreal via Toronto to Vancouver in September 2014. Cost was $2,7K. I'd use them again amd recommend them without hesitation. Toronto roads are pretty brutal. Not as bad as Montreal but far from what we're accustomed to here in Vancouver. I couldn't see me driving a 911 through a Toronto winter...but I'm a wuss. Mine is stored through Vancouver winters.

Cheers,
Herman

Last edited by herrquan; 10-05-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdukes

For those of you who live in Toronto, do you drive your Porsche year round? I'm going to need to find a suitable place to live with no immediate plans to buy for the time being. I think it's also safe to say leaving it on the street is not a great idea.

Mike
I drove my modded Turbo year around in Toronto with coilovers. Looking back, it was probably a mistake. The corrosion was so bad on the exposed coilover bits that I needed to replace them to pass BC inspection (spring were in rough shape and the threads were not usable enough to reassemble the coilovers after replacing the springs. $12k later.......

If you have aftermarket parts, Id be aware that those wont weather the winter well. If you have a stock car have at'er if you wish. My stock parts were a non-issue.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:42 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks for all the details everyone!

I'm heading to Toronto to meet with the management team today. I'll follow up by week's end with more details.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojamie
TFX international is second to none.
+1. They shipped my 911 when I moved from Vancouver to Toronto. White glove service. Highly recommend.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
+1. They shipped my 911 when I moved from Vancouver to Toronto. White glove service. Highly recommend.
+2 they sent a car I sold eBay to Vancouver and the buyer was more than pleased with the service.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would NOT use TFX !!!!

They clearly scratched my car and would not take responsibility for it.

The pre-shipping inspection showed no damage and when it showed up in Toronto my car had scratches that were touched up with the wrong colour white paint.

I spoke to them and they said it was raining when they did the inspection...blah blah BS!!!

I don't care what exotics they ship....the bottom line is that they do not stand behind their pre-shipping inspection....so what's the point of it?? They tried every excuse possible to not be at fault. The worst part of the whole situation is that to fix it would have been maybe $500.

I hope the tarnished reputation is worth them saving the $500 to do the right thing.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Speedyellow993; 10-11-2015 at 11:31 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 10-11-2015, 10:41 PM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

That sucked. Well, I was going to recommend them to someone....perhaps I'll hold off.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:23 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
I would NOT use TFX !!!!

They clearly scratched my car and would not take responsibility for it.

The pre-shipping inspection showed no damage and when it showed up in Toronto my car had scratches that were touched up with the wrong colour white paint.

I spoke to them and they said it was raining when they did the inspection...blah blah BS!!!
Are you kidding me? Not taking responsibility for a scratch is one thing, but covering up with unmatching touch up paint and denying the whole thing is something completely different. My guess is the driver is lying to the company.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default TFX

I just added the inspection Report. The worst part is that even the Toronto Delivery Driver wrote on the "Inspection Report/Survey" that the Damage was not documented.

I really feel that I should be more upset but there is too much going on in my work and family life to deal with their poor business practices.

AL

From Adam at TFX

"The driver did a proper inspection; he indicated that due to the rain the vehicle couldn’t be inspected properly, he noted it on the paperwork and the shipper agreed to it. If you can make sure to have the next inspection carried out indoors in a well lit area we can be certain he won’t miss anything"

ITS MY FAULT ?????
Old 10-12-2015, 01:30 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Who put the touch up paint on?
Old 10-12-2015, 03:39 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Yikes...
Old 10-15-2015, 06:04 PM
porschefan001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car speedyyellow that is really unfortunate. On the other hand I had a terrific experience with TFX. They shipped my GT3 from Vancouver to Toronto and their attention to detail was flawless. Very impressed and would use them again. They ship for Ferrari and other high end brands. I met the owner and his passion for the work he does is very impressive. Would not hesitate to recommend these folks. Top notch in my books.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default TFX

Originally Posted by porschefan001
Sorry to hear about your car speedyyellow that is really unfortunate. On the other hand I had a terrific experience with TFX. They shipped my GT3 from Vancouver to Toronto and their attention to detail was flawless. Very impressed and would use them again. They ship for Ferrari and other high end brands. I met the owner and his passion for the work he does is very impressive. Would not hesitate to recommend these folks. Top notch in my books.

Its always a positive experience until they scratch your car.

You mention TFXs attention to detail... so my question is if they used "attention to detail" how was such a large scratch missed on the pre-shipping inspection. Even the delivering driver noted that the damage was not on the pre-shipping report.

The thing that upset me most was the way they handled the situation. I don't care if the owner ships bars of gold.

Your company scratches it.... your company fixes it !!

A great company is not defined by how they act when " all is well ". A Great company is defined by how it deals with its customers when situations arise. TFX needs to "MAN UP" and accept their mistakes.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,007 Likes on 715 Posts

think TFX may give a rennlist rate too .. I think they are a sponsor of this site ..
Old 10-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default TFX

No there was no discount period.

The only thing they "took off" was some paint off my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question: Vehicle Transport From Vancouver To Toronto