Notices

Mosport Grand Prix Track - Spot available for UCR DE event on 19-20, September

Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,010 Likes on 718 Posts

ok I confess .. I did a cntl U ... it opened up a visual Basic page ..
Old 09-15-2015, 03:45 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Tried to sign up for this event and was told that I could; then I mentioned I was a not a PCA member and that I would need help with a password--never heard another word from anyone.

Oh well, Mid-Ohio will be fun this weekend instead.....

Gary
Old 09-15-2015, 03:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Don't Worry Gary .. even though your an American us Canadian rennlisters will accept you with open arms .. with or without a password .. as long as you sign for packages for us we can come over and pick up ...

Old 09-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

to attend pca de events you must be a pca member(for insurance reasons for one). to join pca you must own a Porsche.
most UCR events are only for Porsche cars unless special exception is approved (usually if a members car is broken and they have another high performance car)
sorry that it did not work out but you will have fun at midohio.
btw the Bills are looking good, same for Jack Eichel
Old 09-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lemikson
Thanks all of you for making comments on my post. I really find it interesting that that most of you guys feel some sort of discomfort in regards to dealings with the UCR.

I don't know what to say - i guess I am too fresh of a member and fairly new to performance driving scene - even though all my life I lived half a step away from a very serious car racing but up to recently was mostly talk only.
To PPo's comment, my car unfortunately fits into category "exploded" as of last Wednesday. Tried to see the wait listed situation with UCR Registrar and they said there was none. Posted the same note on the PCA UCR Forums - General Section. One gentleman responded back showing interest, still haven't heard back from him. But, a person high from the UCR responded back with a note that I do find a bit "unfriendly"... I will not call out the names - for those of you interested you can check it out there...

All I am trying to do is to find a way and eventually save some 300 bucks that will be very needed as we speak. Not sure if UCR us really doing their best to deal with justified "short notice" cancellations....
Again, I don't know...
No undfriendlies here

Really sorry to learn your car is having serious issues and you're forced to miss a track weekend.
I read the UCR post and it didn't sound that bad…just well, blunt.
Hope you can recoup a few bucks. I would like to oblige but my wife was pretty clear when she demanded an answer to "no more track days this year... right"

Still trying to figure a way around that!!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:56 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy W. from the UCR is a good guy... He may just be trying to help...

I also agree that the UCR PCA environment is great for people wanting to be introduced to the track. A car club should promote the use of the cars in a safe environment. No problem with any of that...

If a clutch explodes 2 days before a track event, and you can't get the parts and fix the car on time, I think the club has many options to *HELP* somebody in that situation. I am not suggesting a full cash refund, but a carry over of 80%-100% of the fee to another track event upon reasonable proof of damage and/or repair is sensible to me...

You don't feel "well", worried about the rain, or whatever... sorry... no refund or carry over...

Imagine the flip side... ya, ball joint is loose, but it passed tech already and I am going to track it because I don't want to lose the money... ball joint breaks at the top of turn two, 3 cars pile into the back of the spinning car, and 7 Syrians cross the border without a proper security check. Best straw man argument ever!!! ;-) I win...
Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sir5n
No undfriendlies here

Really sorry to learn your car is having serious issues and you're forced to miss a track weekend.
I read the UCR post and it didn't sound that bad…just well, blunt.
Hope you can recoup a few bucks. I would like to oblige but my wife was pretty clear when she demanded an answer to "no more track days this year... right"

Still trying to figure a way around that!!
if you convert to Jewish (if not already) it is currently the new year and next week will be another year...problem solved
Old 09-15-2015, 05:56 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbodan
if you convert to Jewish (if not already) it is currently the new year and next week will be another year...problem solved
can i convert to Jewish for the jokes ?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Don't Worry Gary .. even though your an American us Canadian rennlisters will accept you with open arms .. with or without a password .. as long as you sign for packages for us we can come over and pick up ...

Gee thanks.....I think.....
Old 09-15-2015, 08:39 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbodan
to attend pca de events you must be a pca member(for insurance reasons for one). to join pca you must own a Porsche.
most UCR events are only for Porsche cars unless special exception is approved (usually if a members car is broken and they have another high performance car)
sorry that it did not work out but you will have fun at midohio.
btw the Bills are looking good, same for Jack Eichel
I've run in the UCR summer club race/ASL weekend before; that particular event allows BMWs and others, if memory serves......thought I'd give this one a try.

I'm at Mosport tomorrow with EA so I'll survive the disappointment

Bills should come crashing back down to earth this weekend (hope I'm wrong)....
Old 09-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Most of you guys? looks like very few to me.

As an active volunteer of our club, yes our club, I need to speak up here.

No matter how hard we try, there will be a small amount of people that will not be satisfied for one reason or another. Rules have been set in place and we need to stick with them. Could we make changes for people because of whatever reasons they have? Sure. Could you imagine the flood gates then.

Danny ^^ made some great points.

With the amount of time and expense that the volunteers put in it is still a thankless job sometimes. Ever notice how many organizers and instructors don't even drive? We get charged if we have car problems as well.

The track time is subsidized for our club members.

Come on out and help your club.
+1
Old 09-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I've had breakdowns as well and still had to pay. I wasn't happy either so I can relate to your frustration. I second Andy being a good guy.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
can i convert to Jewish for the jokes ?

Sure but I didn't know you were a dentist. I am anti-dentite
Old 09-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

I do find it humorous that some of the higher ups in the club, who have been in the club volunteering for years, can get crusty and even rude to other members and it is tolerated. I witnessed it recently at one of the non de events. As far as I am concerned, it is unacceptable. And yes a one or two bad apples can make the bunch of good apples look really bad.
Lemikson, what happened to your car? I may have some parts if you need for 951.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:15 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

^+1.. Mile, maybe can help with a repair...
Cheers,
Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mosport Grand Prix Track - Spot available for UCR DE event on 19-20, September