Notices

Rubystone Red 911 Thoughts on this colour

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:52 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubystone Red 911 Thoughts on this colour

Noticed a Rubystone red 911 the other day. Quite a sharp and rare colour.

Interested in others thoughts on this really spectacular and rare shade.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Definitely a unique colour but I would never consider owning one, too out there and limiting as far as potential resale.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:22 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pags993
Definitely a unique colour but I would never consider owning one, too out there and limiting as far as potential resale.
Come on Mark, no love for Rubystone. Maybe too much for a modern 911 but suits the 964 so well.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:19 AM
juncinv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pags993

I actually think you would fetch a bigger buck when reselling it. I would for certain pay a premium for this colour and prefer it over the usual, black,guards,white, sliver and today's flavour the decade, grey.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Danny Chik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubystone Red 911 Thoughts on this colour

this is my fream colour
Old 09-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Rare and desirable ............
Old 09-06-2015, 06:11 PM
juncinv
Instructor

I recalll in 1991 seeing a targa sit on Heimraths front lot, outdoors, on Lawrence avenue, brand new for over two years. I always thought you had to have been crazy to have bought this colour, eventually it sold. Back then just never appreciated them until about 15 years ago when I began to realize the rarer the colour and more obscure the shade the more interesting the car. I admire the Japanese for ordering, Mint, Rubystone, Maritime Blue, Signal green, Turquoise, Caramel Beige and all the obscure colours that we North Americans avoided. Now thats all I look for are colours.. Forget about Black,White,Silver and occasional Red and Yellow, bring on the colours Porsche was built on. I understand the dealers prefer security with their inventory but why do so few ever order colours. If you are spending 100k plus on a vehicle, whats 6k more, often less if you order metallic or special colour and go with PTS. The car looks so original. I assume resale but then again, look at the prices, paid for those colours, I assume years from now, once again, perhaps Lime Gold, Nordic Gold, Mahogany and others will all fetch premiums.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by juncinv
I recalll in 1991 seeing a targa sit on Heimraths front lot, outdoors, on Lawrence avenue, brand new for over two years. I always thought you had to have been crazy to have bought this colour, eventually it sold. Back then just never appreciated them until about 15 years ago when I began to realize the rarer the colour and more obscure the shade the more interesting the car. I admire the Japanese for ordering, Mint, Rubystone, Maritime Blue, Signal green, Turquoise, Caramel Beige and all the obscure colours that we North Americans avoided. Now thats all I look for are colours.. Forget about Black,White,Silver and occasional Red and Yellow, bring on the colours Porsche was built on. I understand the dealers prefer security with their inventory but why do so few ever order colours. If you are spending 100k plus on a vehicle, whats 6k more, often less if you order metallic or special colour and go with PTS. The car looks so original. I assume resale but then again, look at the prices, paid for those colours, I assume years from now, once again, perhaps Lime Gold, Nordic Gold, Mahogany and others will all fetch premiums.
Not so sure about Lime Gold, pretty poor as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:19 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Well I am not partial to Lime Gold either, but assume it will be a talked about shade one day when we are all long gone.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It comes down whether its your daily or a weekend toy. Many people in North America daily or semi daily their porsche hence the boring colours. But when you look at the more sports oriented 911s the hotter the colour the more premium they command. I can't see gold, bronze or brown ever be popular, they are the antithesis of youth, you want to make a car look less exciting get brown. The 80s Carreras came in brown, bronze and gold and you never hear anyone talking about them. When you think of super cars, you think skittles colours, so perhaps not everyone is brave to drive a pink car, but Ruby Stone is iconic of the early 90s, and works really well on the 964.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Rubystone Red"?
It just looks like pink to me.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

^ Bingo, all I see is Mary Kay car LOL
Old 09-08-2015, 03:05 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by destro
It comes down whether its your daily or a weekend toy. Many people in North America daily or semi daily their porsche hence the boring colours. But when you look at the more sports oriented 911s the hotter the colour the more premium they command. I can't see gold, bronze or brown ever be popular, they are the antithesis of youth, you want to make a car look less exciting get brown. The 80s Carreras came in brown, bronze and gold and you never hear anyone talking about them. When you think of super cars, you think skittles colours, so perhaps not everyone is brave to drive a pink car, but Ruby Stone is iconic of the early 90s, and works really well on the 964.
You might want to be real carefull there.

In the Starbucks parking lot full of 100 K super cars , this car sure gets a lot of attention by the general public.

In fact the owner of one such super car brought his mom, she walked by them all and said " I like this one best" ..

Nearly killed the poor guy

Sorry Adam !!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:52 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Donster
"Rubystone Red"?
Not sure I look at it that way... Black is black,and white is white, but to have something different is my train of thought. Why bother with fifty shades of green and twenty of silver. I think it is far more than pink and the fact that it was a 964 RS colour in my mind makes it a coveted colour. I guess you either love it or hate it. I think its a great colour..
Old 09-08-2015, 05:53 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Donster
"Rubystone Red"?

As well I too have an arena red 993,, 97 Arena red on cashmere cab, and think that is a great colour as well.

Quick Reply: Rubystone Red 911 Thoughts on this colour