Notices

Detailing in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:14 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vise
I use Wes at Orion Detailing as well, definitely recommended. He detailed and applied Opticoat Pro to my car a couple weeks back after pickup, his pics are below... look forward to having him clean it up again come spring.
Is the plan to apply Opti Coat again in the spring?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Is the plan to apply Opti Coat again in the spring?
Nope, the Opticoat is permanent... I just get him to do a deep clean inside/out and I'll maintain it myself until the fall. At which point he'll do the same again before winter.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:24 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you on the northwest corner outside Jilly's? Funny cause I had 3 different guys this past weekend stand on the corner staring at me during a red light... most memorably some dude with a beard at Eastern/Logan staring with a massive grin on his face. While its a touch uncomfortable I totally get it and do the same when I see a nice car.
Nope... I was walking on the south side, by the dealership... I had a bit of a wild night on Friday and was "walking it off" on the way home...

This will sound like an odd question: but are you that movie stuntman guy I met a few months ago at the Irish pub on the corner of Queen and Broadview?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by PPo
This will sound like an odd question: but are you that movie stuntman guy I met a few months ago at the Irish pub on the corner of Queen and Broadview?
Yes, that is an odd question. Unfortunately no that is not me...

That said if you see me in the hood again be sure to wave or stop me, always happy to talk cars with like minded peeps...
Old 03-10-2015, 06:34 PM
PPo
Drifting

Yes, that is an odd question. Unfortunately no that is not me...

That said if you see me in the hood again be sure to wave or stop me, always happy to talk cars with like minded peeps...
Will do... I swear that I almost waved you down to ask you if you where on the Rennlist right then. In that neighborhood if somebody with an obvious hangover is waving you down, the normal reaction is to leave as fast as possible, so I decided against it...

By the way... I could hear you ripping around before you got to the intersection... The exhaust note from a flat six 911 is very distinct. Not sure where you were, but I could hear that there was a bit of fun going on!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by PPo
Will do... I swear that I almost waved you down to ask you if you where on the Rennlist right then. In that neighborhood if somebody with an obvious hangover is waving you down, the normal reaction is to leave as fast as possible, so I decided against it...

By the way... I could hear you ripping around before you got to the intersection... The exhaust note from a flat six 911 is very distinct. Not sure where you were, but I could hear that there was a bit of fun going on!
Hey come on, that area isn't bad at all... at least not relative to 15-20 years ago when it was basically inner city. I live halfway between Broadview and Logan and the Riverside/Leslieville area is killing it these days. Some moderate amounts of sketch but it is minimal, real estate is bananas too.

And yeah, I was ripping around a bit with the loud button on... I think I did a small loop up the DVP, off at Bayview/Bloor, south on Bayview, and around to River/Queen. One of several short routes I have in the area... just can't get enough of accelerating through the gears to hear that glorious sound. The best part is you really don't need to get into illegal speeds to enjoy either.

Do you have a Porsche that I should keep an eye out for in the area?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Without Jilly's that hood is DEAD to me! lol
Old 03-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Without Jilly's that hood is DEAD to me! lol
I'll freely admit to having visited that not so fine establishment many times over the years... the plans for the Broadview Hotel look really nice though, I'm sure it will make the area even more of a destination.

That said I do miss having Toronto's worst strip club a short stumble from home...
Old 03-10-2015, 10:02 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Wes maintains all our family cars. Superb workmanship, attention to detail and is a great guy too.

But I will give Ubershine a try this spring with the 912 as its single stage.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

Another vote for Sim @ Uber, he did a great job on the 993 last spring.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
PPo
Drifting

Hey come on, that area isn't bad at all... at least not relative to 15-20 years ago when it was basically inner city. I live halfway between Broadview and Logan and the Riverside/Leslieville area is killing it these days. Some moderate amounts of sketch but it is minimal, real estate is bananas too.
Oh I agree... I bought my house in Leslieville in 2001 and I literally, no joke, had 2 crack house neighbors right across the street. My wife and I used to sit on the balcony and watch the crazy people as the sun set... now its replaced with people walking dogs and pushing strollers.

Many years ago, I remember the movie "Million Dollar Baby" (I think? some huge boxing movie, I don't remember) being shot along Queen between Broadview and Logan. They used it as a depression era street setting in the movie for many shots. I used to joke that the reason why is because they didn't have to change anything to make it fit the movie... it already looks like a torn and beat down piece of crap neighborhood. It has come a LONG way since then... I do enjoy living in the area. ;-)
Old 03-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by PPo
Oh I agree... I bought my house in Leslieville in 2001 and I literally, no joke, had 2 crack house neighbors right across the street. My wife and I used to sit on the balcony and watch the crazy people as the sun set... now its replaced with people walking dogs and pushing strollers.

Many years ago, I remember the movie "Million Dollar Baby" (I think? some huge boxing movie, I don't remember) being shot along Queen between Broadview and Logan. They used it as a depression era street setting in the movie for many shots. I used to joke that the reason why is because they didn't have to change anything to make it fit the movie... it already looks like a torn and beat down piece of crap neighborhood. It has come a LONG way since then... I do enjoy living in the area. ;-)
Nice one, we've been in the general area since 1999 (Danforth and Broadview/Danforth and Greenwood) but always spent most of our free time down on Queen East. We bought a new construction townhouse in 2006 and have very much enjoyed the renaissance ever since.

Also the movie was 'Cinderella Man'... I recall that filming very well given it was pretty much at the top of our street. I don't think I ever saw the movie though.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:37 PM
l8tebr8ke
Instructor

Originally Posted by moab
Wes @ Orion Detailing.
+1
Old 03-15-2015, 12:33 AM
blotto649
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Vise and Ppo, I'm in that hood too. Live near Dundas and Broadview and my cars live near Queen and Pape. I'm either in a (loud) beat up Mini Cooper S, a loud 6.GT3, or a BMW 1M.

We should plan a mini meet-up somewhere in the neighbourhood!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:17 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by blotto649
Vise and Ppo, I'm in that hood too. Live near Dundas and Broadview and my cars live near Queen and Pape. I'm either in a (loud) beat up Mini Cooper S, a loud 6.GT3, or a BMW 1M.

We should plan a mini meet-up somewhere in the neighbourhood!
Yep absolutely... we'll have to find a spot but with the family and all it is much easier for me to meet somewhere around here (obviously!).

Funny that I've never seen a 996 GT3 in the area either having lived here for quite some time... would be interested to hear about your car storage situation too.

Quick Reply: Detailing in the GTA