Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Buying Parts from Porsche Oakville (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/861463-buying-parts-from-porsche-oakville.html)

theiceman 03-03-2015 06:03 PM

Buying Parts from Porsche Oakville

The one thing i find in general is that Porsche dealers have a very weak online presence when it comes to parts. I am used to doing everything on line and since i heard some good things about Porsche Oakville i was going to see how they would compare .

Do i have to just walk in with my spreadsheet of Parts and have them look these up one at a time and give me the prices ?

I feel like i am wasting their time when i could look them up myself and decide if it is worth going OE on the parts.

Anyone have experience with this ?

edit

and just to give you an idea of what i am talking about they would be specific engine parts, no options or fancy decals .. so it would be P/N this and that .

Pags993 03-03-2015 06:08 PM

I have emailed the parts Mgr my excel list in the past and he (can't remember the name) emailed me back with pricing and availability by part. No need for physical visit to dealership until if / when you decide to buy.

theiceman 03-03-2015 06:15 PM

oh that's good info

then they can just do it when they have time and get back to me . i would be assuming i would get some type of PCA discount too no ?

StanThePorscheFan 03-03-2015 06:17 PM

I just e-mail Pfaff the part #s, they e-mail me back the prices and ETAs, I confirm the order, they order the parts without any deposit and call me when they are ready for pick up. So just one visit to the dealer. One thing that I dont like about Pfaff is that when I do not have the part #, I will sometimes get an answer that its not available. Then I do my homework (call Suncoast) and once armed with the part #, things move along smoothly. Haven't tried Oakville yet, but should be even better from what I hear.

StanThePorscheFan 03-03-2015 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by theiceman (Post 12086975)
oh that's good info

then they can just do it when they have time and get back to me . i would be assuming i would get some type of PCA discount too no ?

Yep, 10% at any dealer

cash-man 03-03-2015 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1990964C4 (Post 12086984)
Yep, 10% at any dealer

Not so.... London gives free track inspection. No 10% discount. Perhaps they got that area locked down, and don't have much in the way of competition. It's worth the drive to Oakville;)

94redklzese 03-03-2015 08:41 PM

Oakville is the best hands down when it comes to parts, customer service, and honesty

DES GTS 03-03-2015 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 94redklzese (Post 12087420)
Oakville is the best hands down when it comes to parts, customer service, and honesty

+1

boman993 03-03-2015 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 94redklzese (Post 12087420)

+1

Just email John Licari (parts manager) off of their website. I usually use Pelican to decipher the part numbers and then ask for a quote. He's really good at getting back to you.

:cheers:

GreatWhiteNorth 03-03-2015 09:16 PM

+1 Porsche Oakville for parts. Pfaff too far for me to trek out to. look up part #'s and send them over,they get right back to you with pricing and availability. Email Sean ssantos@policaro.ca tell him the guy with the sharkwerks GT3 sent u...;) I've ordered a ton of stuff with no hiccups.

GreatWhiteNorth 03-03-2015 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by boman993 (Post 12087514)
+1

Just email John Licari (parts manager) off of their website. I usually use Pelican to decipher the part numbers and then ask for a quote. He's really good at getting back to you.

:cheers:

HAHA John's just going to deligate it to sean....:roflmao:

993GT 03-03-2015 09:39 PM

Brad @ Porsche of London, not sure how dealer experience or pricing could be any better... awesome guy(and a true car enthusiast) and the pricing is so close it doesn't make sense to buy from discount places in USA

993GT 03-03-2015 09:45 PM

they just want a ride in the Mezger beast :thumbup:
the guys at 'London' remember my GT2 :evilgrin:

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth (Post 12087519)
+1 Porsche Oakville for parts. Pfaff too far for me to trek out to. look up part #'s and send them over,they get right back to you with pricing and availability. Email Sean ssantos@policaro.ca tell him the guy with the sharkwerks GT3 sent u...;) I've ordered a ton of stuff with no hiccups.

boman993 03-03-2015 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth (Post 12087525)
HAHA John's just going to deligate it to sean....:roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Probably! Last 2 times I bought from them, I had a great experience..Worth the drive from west end Toronto.

John Elliot 03-03-2015 10:02 PM

I deal with Brad at Porsche of London. He got parts for my Boxster, Cayman R and now my GT3. Some of the parts have been a challenge to get, but he didn't give up and got me the parts I asked for. If he can't get a part, he lets me know where to get it. If you live in the London Area I highly recommend calling Brad for parts or accessories for your Porsche.