Notices

Any 996TT for sale up here?

Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 PM
robertgalka
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StatikPulse
Not entirely sure. I was told by the sales guy it was in a front end collision with north of $10k worth of damage. Didn't investigate further.
It doesn't take much to get $10,000 damage, however salesmen usually push the truth. 25k is North of 10k.

If the fenders and hood weren't repainted, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:46 PM
vgangam
AutoX

I got the carfax of the other one and it's had frame damage as well. Auctioned in 2013 as structural damage.

Hopefully there will be more up for sale in the coming weeks..
Old 03-22-2015, 12:27 AM
CarbonTT
Advanced

Originally Posted by vgangam
Sorry if I'm hijacking as well, but didn't want to start a new thread unnecessarily.. I'm in the market for an 996 Turbo in the next few months. I'm going to be listing my current car (2008 Mercedes S550) this weekend. Anyone know if any good examples in the area?

There are a couple on auto trader that look decent.. There is a 2004 with 12XXXXkm and a 2001 with 8XXXXkm, would you guys suggest an older one with lower mileage or a newer one with higher mileage?
The 04 convertible is in quite bad shape cosmetically as well.. I believe also has a theft title .. wasn't explained all that well to me
Old 03-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Sabie
AutoX

Originally Posted by Tuner1
Does anyone know of a straight and clean '02+ 996TT 6spd manual coupe for sale at a reasonable price? I am not super fussy about the mileage or colour.

This isn't the smartest time of year for me to buy a Porsche but if price is right it could make for a fun winter project

selling mine, 02, silver with carbon finer wrap, stock with the exceptions of Exhaust, 104KM not miles, US car from Denver in 2012 call me, i am in Winnipeg, new rear tires, new brakes all around, spark plugs and coil packs done, right front wheel bearing done last summer, I am just about to trade this car in for 957TTS. you know how the dealers are so this could be the right car for you. 2049905230. I have it for another week or so.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:24 AM
StatikPulse
Track Day

vgangam, have you looked at the '04 at Donway Ford? 82XXX and looks clean.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Statik,

I just checked out the car over the weekend. It is well-optioned, but it has many negatives:
1) Left-rear collision with no supporting documents
2) no service history
3) A/C unit requires some repairs (quoted $2k)
4) requires major service (quote $2k)
5) front lip is in poor condition
6) lowered on HR springs
Old 03-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

7) wrong wheels (non turbo)
8) lots of paintwork
Old 03-23-2015, 04:17 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am selling my '04 996 TT Cab, Tiptronic. 61k Kms. Factory hard top, Recaro's, BBS, upgrades to brakes (GT2 competition kit), exhaust (headers back), MAF, Engine Tune, Transmission Tune, Bilstein PSS 10's, "Paddle" shifting carbon wheel, back up camera with aftermarket Nav and stereo system and more. Have most of the original parts to go with it (Seats, wheels etc). Not been hit and I'm 2nd owner. Email me at "john.macfarlane@telus.net" if interested. Asking $69,500 CDN.

Last edited by John 996 TT Cab; 03-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:32 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Don't know if you guys saw these one. Priced well. Not affiliated at all.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
Old 03-25-2015, 01:06 PM
ansonintoronto
Racer

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Don't know if you guys saw these one. Priced well. Not affiliated at all.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
This is the example with the $10k front end damage.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:43 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ansonintoronto
Looks like the 10k damage didn't include new head lights. New bumper, , spliter, paintwork, license plate bracket and probably new rads I guess. That isn't necessarily a bad thing as new rads are better then 14 year old ones. It would have been much more expensive had the head lights needed to be replaced. By the look of them they are in need of work to get them back to looking good.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:35 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by ansonintoronto
Personally, I have started to purposely look for cars that have slight accident damage that are repaired well. I use my cars, so I know the chances are I will end up cracking it up doing something stupid, or somebody will hit me anyhow. The properly repaired light damaged cars help me save money...

Similar logic, I like cars that have spent time on the track. The reason being is that cars that are driven well on the track are more often much better maintained compared to street only cars.

So, a tracked car with light damage that has been repaired properly is my kind of girl!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:10 PM
CarbonTT
Advanced

Originally Posted by PPo
Personally, I have started to purposely look for cars that have slight accident damage that are repaired well. I use my cars, so I know the chances are I will end up cracking it up doing something stupid, or somebody will hit me anyhow. The properly repaired light damaged cars help me save money...

Similar logic, I like cars that have spent time on the track. The reason being is that cars that are driven well on the track are more often much better maintained compared to street only cars.

So, a tracked car with light damage that has been repaired properly is my kind of girl!
The problem is that if you want to sell it down the road... a lot less people will be interested...
Accident or damage cars are good for people not looking at resale or are looking to keep it forever
Old 04-10-2015, 01:06 PM
REDTURBO
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you still looking, no photos as of yet to the link as it looks like it was just posted.
Black on Black/Convertible/6 speed and a Canadian Vehicle!
No affiliation.

http://benchmarkautomotive.autotrade...c8ddbdaf71.htm
Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Sustain26
Intermediate

Sounds like a (restoration) project. After I test drove a 1999 Carrera 4 two weeks ago exactly (time goes by so slooowly) and then saw this:
also a Carrera 4 but a 964:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/kykutaw

I'm thinking restoration is a valid and poor man's option for a daily driver, eh?

Originally Posted by PPo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any 996TT for sale up here?