Notices

Motorcycles and Hwys in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I have riden bikes all my life. I never liked riding in big groups, it's easy to get caught up in a frenzy. Add into that young guys with little brains and it's a recipe for disaster.

Last year on the 400 I nearly killed a sport bike rider when he came up on us at over 200 km per hour.

Another group to add into this is almost all pick up truck drivers, why are they such dicks?

So no, it's not just you. This crap is getting worse not better.
I'm up north of the city on weekends. Can any one explain to me why pick up trucks aren't able to drive in between the lines?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Xpit77
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever been on the 401 after a bike race weekend in Shannonville or CTMP ? Priceless.
Is it just my Porsche why Bubba`s and / or Ms Bubba`s want to ride on my *** in their Bass Pro pickup ?
And while I`m ranting. Wans`t there someone on here who said he was " To important " to put his phone down while driving.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Xpit77
Ever been on the 401 after a bike race weekend in Shannonville or CTMP ? Priceless.
Is it just my Porsche why Bubba`s and / or Ms Bubba`s want to ride on my *** in their Bass Pro pickup ?
And while I`m ranting. Wans`t there someone on here who said he was " To important " to put his phone down while driving.
No it's not just you. When it happens to me I just drive slower till Bubba gets mad and passes. Then he speeds off in front and clears the road of cops.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

^ done that one before then honked and gave a thumbs up as I passed him pulled over on the side of the road awaiting his little yellow piece of paper.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Or the NASCAR fans leaving the truck weekend at CTMP thinking they are Ricky-Bobby...
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

I admit I like to pass as many cars as I can before I merge.

How can you expect a pick up to drive between the lines when you either have your head leaning against the door window or the other way so you can have your arm around your girl?

Drives me nuts when I'm riding shotgun with someone and they spend more time looking at me than the road when they are yapping away.

Passing a bunch of bikes wearing colours makes my heart race (not in a good way) but I still do it.

That's all I got .......
Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
PPo
Drifting

Wans`t there someone on here who said he was " To important " to put his phone down while driving.
I said I was "Too important" to not pick up my phone and re-connect my Bluetooth when my car was stopped at a traffic light. For some reason every couple of days it just drops a connection while driving, so when I stop, I pick up the phone and reset the connection... I use my hands free 100% of the time I am talking on the phone and driving. Yes, I need to use the phone while driving most of the time during business hours...

Not saying you are calling me out... just clarifying.... ;-)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
PPo
Drifting

Texting while driving is just plain stupid...
Old 09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by breakfast
A top speed on the 407 at 3am...good. better then than during the day. I enjoy the sounds of the summer
Hey, if you want to speed on an open road, I don't give a $h_t... When cars are bumper to bumper, or packed and travelling fast, don't be a ********... applies to cars, bikes, trucks, and Oscar Meyer weinermobiles.

If they could guarantee that an innocent person could not get hurt, then do whatever you want... but they can't, that's why I have the issue with the behavior I have been witnessing lately... the most dangerous and most frequent are groups of motorcycle riders...

Quick Reply: Motorcycles and Hwys in the GTA