Notices

997.2 2010 gt3 yellow at downtown p.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 PM
udanggoong
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I track maybe once a year. Just wanna feel good zipping and revving on the highways mostly. I was sure to order a 991 gt3 until hearing about the fires. Then started to do some research on the 997 gt3s just to b3 curious..... saw prices soften last year and was hoping prices would drop more... but seems like they have actually gone up..... kinda dissappointed. Was looking around for the past year waiting for the rs to drop. Saw a few in autotrader come and go...... but now they are all gone!.... so I guess I may wait for the 991 gt3 to get fixed and also waiting for sneak peaks of what the new 991 rs will offer and look like.

Kinda stupid but im still running around in what my reasons for choosing a new car are. Got 3 young kids. Kinda wanna have the option of using the nice p for weekends with kids if warranted to say the golf course or something.... but dont want a c4s.... kinda want something feeling more extreme.... then again I currently have a z4 m coupe that I bought in 06 and put really nice mods on it.....and kinda consider to part with it or not..... got a cls 63 amg last year that I thought would fullfill my urges.... but its spring time..... got a quattroporte s last year as well last of the 13s and got a huge discount.... have a 04 cayenne s.... was at dowtown porsche looking at the gt3 991 and the sales brought me upstairs to look at the yellow gt3 997..... personally I think its gorgeous except for the black stripe on the hood. But then the asking price I feel is quite high for a 2010.... looking at pfaff.... seems the gt3 997.2 are around that price in a limited supply canadian market. Anyway no ontario rs owner will sell.... and the 997 gt3 seems firm and abit high.... so I will just wait..... did get a few offers for the 2014 and 15 gtrs for about 5000k off.
Still waiting haha.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rally Guy's back?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 AM
udanggoong
Track Day

Sorry dont get the comment...
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

I like it and wouldn't hesitate to buy it, but what would make it even better is if it was a 7GT3 RS. The rarity and unique set up makes it even more special IMO, just like signal green, riveria blue etc. Like you said these cars are in limited numbers now in the used market, especially with 5K kms and in mint condition.

Personally I wouldn't touch the 991 GT3 for a few years, let them figure out all the issues. Or at least wait until they put the motor into the cup car/competition, then IMO it's a GT3! If your fan of 6spd then 997 GT3s are literally the only option too.

These 7GT3s I see holding their value in the long term, they are really the last of something still in the analogue driving experience, also the final run of the Mezger engine block too.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:26 AM
udanggoong
Track Day

You guys are really pushing me towards the yellow 997.2 gt3

If u guys go on autrader.... there is a black 2011 997.2 gt3 as well. Any difference between the 2011 verusus 2010 other than the rear lights I see?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

How can you use a GT3 or RS with 3 kids? Unless your a collector why get an RS. I recommend looking at a Turbo. It is faster then a GT3 in all ways, can fit all the kids in it and it can come with 5 lugs wheels which makes changes wheels and tires much more easy.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by udanggoong
I track maybe once a year. Just wanna feel good zipping and revving on the highways mostly. I was sure to order a 991 gt3 until hearing about the fires. Then started to do some research on the 997 gt3s just to b3 curious..... saw prices soften last year and was hoping prices would drop more... but seems like they have actually gone up..... kinda dissappointed. Was looking around for the past year waiting for the rs to drop. Saw a few in autotrader come and go...... but now they are all gone!.... so I guess I may wait for the 991 gt3 to get fixed and also waiting for sneak peaks of what the new 991 rs will offer and look like.

Kinda stupid but im still running around in what my reasons for choosing a new car are. Got 3 young kids. Kinda wanna have the option of using the nice p for weekends with kids if warranted to say the golf course or something.... but dont want a c4s.... kinda want something feeling more extreme.... then again I currently have a z4 m coupe that I bought in 06 and put really nice mods on it.....and kinda consider to part with it or not..... got a cls 63 amg last year that I thought would fullfill my urges.... but its spring time..... got a quattroporte s last year as well last of the 13s and got a huge discount.... have a 04 cayenne s.... was at dowtown porsche looking at the gt3 991 and the sales brought me upstairs to look at the yellow gt3 997..... personally I think its gorgeous except for the black stripe on the hood. But then the asking price I feel is quite high for a 2010.... looking at pfaff.... seems the gt3 997.2 are around that price in a limited supply canadian market. Anyway no ontario rs owner will sell.... and the 997 gt3 seems firm and abit high.... so I will just wait..... did get a few offers for the 2014 and 15 gtrs for about 5000k off.
Still waiting haha.
I feel that this car isn't for you for the reasons you did not post on this thread.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 AM
udanggoong
Track Day

Thanks for the input guys
Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by udanggoong
Any difference between the 2011 verusus 2010 other than the rear lights I see?
No difference.
Clear tail lights were and still are an option.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
How can you use a GT3 or RS with 3 kids? Unless your a collector why get an RS. I recommend looking at a Turbo. It is faster then a GT3 in all ways, can fit all the kids in it and it can come with 5 lugs wheels which makes changes wheels and tires much more easy.
exactly. where do you think you are going to put one of your young kids, let alone three??? You realize there are no back seats, right? And a young kid can't sit in the front. Have you even sat in a GT3?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
exactly. where do you think you are going to put one of your young kids, let alone three??? You realize there are no back seats, right? And a young kid can't sit in the front. Have you even sat in a GT3?
You can get an airbag deactivation kit (key operated switch) and there are LATCH anchors in the front seat of the GT3. About $800 ordered and installed by Canadian Porsche Dealer.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:24 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Beautiful car... The Previous owner had it listed here for 125 in nov-dec and said if it doesnt sell in a few weeks itll be traded in. he probably got 110k tops on trade alone with a 15 k tax break on his next car.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
crooster
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A GT3 that doesn't see regular track time will lead a sad, unfulfilled life...
Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 PM
udanggoong
Track Day

Yep sat in a gt3 before

The more I read about the gt3 the more I like.

Well the 3 kids thing is an excuse just to get my wife to say okay. I will just hide my z4 mcoupe in the garage of my other house and pretend it doesn't exist then. I will probably miss it if I do sell it haha.

hey 99three..... dont know how u feel about the maserati..... my quattroporte s is kind of a let down.... example the mirrors above our heads.... they hand stick a cheap printed warning sticker and its slanted... the gps sucks.... and the front parking sensors dont work all the time... I hit the front bumper in my garage going straight in relying on the sensors to beep and realized they weren't working..... hand made... haha.

My cls 63 with pp feels much more responsive and hard acceleration is good. The maserati s feel like my 20 year old lexus sc400 hahah... my neighbor has a bently and maybe ill see if he'd let me drive it. Read about it feeling like a boat haha. Luckily my dad drives the quattroporte and not me. The panamera gts on mosport felt almost like a 911. Really fun to drive on track. Might look dorky though on track.

Last edited by udanggoong; 04-08-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 PM
udanggoong
Track Day

I heard he did get 110k. A friend of mine traded in his 997 gt3 for 90k earlier as well. That's why im asking if u guys think that yellow gt3 is worth paying over 120k for..... I personally think the car is gorgeous. Always wanted a more extreme variant of the 911. My wife wants me to get a turbo or a c4... obviously because I already have a 2 seater manual... and she said im wasting money having 2 cars that do the same thing. And of course she will not understand how we feel that the gt3 is far different than the z4 m coupe... its like u wearing a nice suit... u just feel better.... I was considering a used gallardo or a f430..... but figured id wait a couple years for the 458s to drop below 200k then pick one up.... new 458 cost 330k and after a few years drops to 230k or so..... so meanwhile id like to get a gt3 to fill the gap. Thats my phucked up logic.

I was invited to the porsche world tour last summer. Had great fun on track with the new 991 and other variants... thats when I realized I need to upgrade to a p car.

I would track if I had time..... 3 kids dont allow that.

Quick Reply: 997.2 2010 gt3 yellow at downtown p.