Notices

Track Insurance - Canada

Old 04-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simon85
When I signed for my Cayman insurance, they told me at least 5 times that my car is not covered for track usage. Gotta call a towing if something happened.............. :-) kidding.... not! Yes I'm kidding...
Drive within your limits and this shouldn't be a concern. Organizers of these events have rules that are strictly enforced.

Only times I have witnessed an incident, it was directly attributable to someone exceeding their own/car limits and/or not factoring in weather ie: rain.

Cold tire racing; not knowing about rain lines can be catastrophic. Traffic and passing not so much.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had a bad experience with TD. They gave me $0.60 on a dollar for a one year old bike that I wrote off. Then 6 months later I bought a Cayenne in the states. They first insured the vehicle, then 3 weeks later called to tell me that they have changed their mind, gave me 30 days to find another insurer and threw me out. That was after 10 years of paying for the policy in full upfront every year. Bastardos.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like tieing my auto insurance to the rest of my banking such as mortgages. I'm also a 30+year customer.

I'm not with TD but when a question comes up...I'm quick to point out that "ING sounds good about now" and everything seems just fine after that.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:39 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone's input is much appreciated. It's giving me a good idea about the landscape I'm playing on.

On a similar insurance thread, has anyone had any problems with their insurance when making modifications? When I purchased my policy I told them I planned on doing a few things such as wheels and stereo and the person stated that it's ok as long as it's less than 5k per mod and has no effect on performance. Now I don't have that in writing, but I haven't read my policy in detail.

I haven't done anything yet, but I would like to get a designated set of track wheels, a slight performance mod? Does this count in the performance category? Each wheel is less than 5k, but as a package? Also would love to change out the very very average Bose speakers and also improve the sound with an AM exhaust (just the muffler and tail pipes for sound, not the cats or headers which would constitute a performance enhancement?)

All this seems to be such a grey area and I'd hate to ask the questions directly for fear of getting tossed by my insurance.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

On a Porsche mods shouldn't affect insurance. Get an appraisal and include them in that as opposed to informing them another way.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

^+1, my appraisal with mods included had no effect on premiums

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track Insurance - Canada