myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

looking great sir!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the best Jaak. Best, speedy recovery.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks folks ... not bad for someone who was told to look for Palliative care as I was supposed to last a few months! Now it's ... you are doing great!!! This lid has at least a decade or more to **** people off ....

I am getting stronger all be it slowly ... but there is measurable progress. I will be back and at em again!!!

Thanks again for the well wishes .... believe it or not IT DOES HELP!!!

[SIZE="5"][/A big HUG and THANK YOU!!!SIZE]
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Starting to look like old self again, Jaak.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I hope to be a lot better by March. I still cannot drive due to limited mobility of my head and neck and lack of strength. I have friends drive me in my fleet

I have not visited many places due to weakness. Hope to change that soon.
I do have many friends that do drop over including fellow dog owners on evenings and weekends! A few friends drive me during the day as they work shifts or are seeking employment. He is a cancer survivor for over 25 years!!! Besides, he like to see CT, Princess Auto etc., as well as get some food.

Picked up a 10" dual bevel, sliding compound mitre saw from Canadian Tire 055-6876-0, Eglinton ave E & Laird store for $199. List was/is $499, but they have it on sale. Just the saw I wanted!!! It is new and un opened in the box when I picked it up. Nice tool ... great price. I am getting back to my Jaak Villa days ... and soon. They have one left in stock. See a Manager in a Black shirt and they will write it out for you. Pay and go to their pick up counter at the rear of the old Future shop. Nice saw ... great price!!!

These are things I need to do to get me better. I even signed up for early pension and get my first payment on Feb., 25th. I realize that with this cancer, life is short in a sense and to live more so for today. This is what a few folks have told me over the past few years from Queens Council, Lawyers, Estate Planners and a few CEO's. They have seen too many suffer and then not be able to enjoy the pension fruits. I am and have done so. I am 60YO and when I reach 65 I will get a second raise from the gov.

Time to enjoy and get stronger .... Time to heal is now!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:12 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

I agree 100% Jaak. Get out there and enjoy every second. Life is way too short wait around.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
God Help us all !!!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:04 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
God Help us all !!!
lol

Jaak, dont listen to him. He is just jealous that you will be driving your Porsche this summer before him (in case you havent heard, the motor in his car couldn't deal with him any more and quit)
Old 02-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Tis OK ... my face is getting smaller. I have ne chemo next week as this is a week of rest. It seems two days after the session the face swells and then drains getting smaller each time. I just need the throat to open up more so I can eat better. Tired of liquid diet and semi liquid foods... Nothing else will go down!!!

As for driving ... maybe next month when my head loosens up. Still tight and swollen a bit with my neck stiff. It is getting better....
Old 02-22-2015, 09:55 AM
NeufCentOnze
Rennlist Member

Jaak, great encouraging news!!!
I just read a very inspiring book: 'Dying to be me' by Anita Moorjani
I would recommend reading it it to everybody.
Also just found that the author has a youtube video at
Chris
Old 02-23-2015, 04:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Tis OK ... my face is getting smaller. I have ne chemo next week as this is a week of rest. It seems two days after the session the face swells and then drains getting smaller each time. I just need the throat to open up more so I can eat better. Tired of liquid diet and semi liquid foods... Nothing else will go down!!!

As for driving ... maybe next month when my head loosens up. Still tight and swollen a bit with my neck stiff. It is getting better....
Well Jaak you have restored my faith . Sounds like you are definitely on the mend and gaining strength.
I have to admit for a time there when things were looking dark i didnt want to check when a new post was added fearing thr worst. But now as soon as i see an update this is the first thread i check, great to see you getting strength and getting back to normal....

yeah Stan is right .. you will definitely be driving before me this year... My car is undergoing some surgery of its own right now , but with a far less competant surgeon. But for sure il be out at your first get togther at Chapters .. even if i have to take my 10 speed bike from Cambridge..

Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Well Jaak you have restored my faith . Sounds like you are definitely on the mend and gaining strength.
I have to admit for a time there when things were looking dark i didnt want to check when a new post was added fearing thr worst. But now as soon as i see an update this is the first thread i check, great to see you getting strength and getting back to normal....

yeah Stan is right .. you will definitely be driving before me this year... My car is undergoing some surgery of its own right now , but with a far less competant surgeon. But for sure il be out at your first get togther at Chapters .. even if i have to take my 10 speed bike from Cambridge..

Thanks!!!

Face is almost back to normal and my throat has opened up a bit. I can eat a bit more now, but I sort of have to push it.

The Doc's are happy with my results so far with the numbers going back to normal. I do get tired as my input has been low and I need to build up. I have a lot of friends who support me and are encouraged with my recovery!!! It will take a while ... but I will get there soon enough. Dying is NOT an option!!!! That box does not exist.... Just wish the effin cold goes away .... Next week they are calling for normal temps .... I hope so!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 05:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Thanks!!!

Face is almost back to normal and my throat has opened up a bit. I can eat a bit more now, but I sort of have to push it.

The Doc's are happy with my results so far with the numbers going back to normal. I do get tired as my input has been low and I need to build up. I have a lot of friends who support me and are encouraged with my recovery!!! It will take a while ... but I will get there soon enough. Dying is NOT an option!!!! That box does not exist.... Just wish the effin cold goes away .... Next week they are calling for normal temps .... I hope so!!!
yeah i hear that .. i have been trying to cut a round hole for a toilet flange in a porclain tile for two weeks. im NOT doing it outside at 20 below ..
Old 02-23-2015, 08:33 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

... i have been trying to cut a round hole for a toilet flange in a porclain tile for two weeks. im NOT doing it outside at 20 below ..
You should move closer to GTA where civilized people have toilets INSIDE the house

Quick Reply: Those three words