Those three words

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks ... and I WILL see everyone as well.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:29 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent, great to hear, Jaak!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Following this post show that we are fortunate to be living in this place ant time. Medical miracles happen every day. All the power to you for having the strength and mental resilience to face and hopefully overcome this ailment. Great medical intervention and a strong will to go on will shortly have you back to your old (no pun intended) self. Congratulations on your positive news, all the power to you brother.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Folks, saw the Doc on Monday and he was very excited for me!!! He said the blood samples show a big improvement and has me on a schedule now. I get three weeks (Mondays) of chemo and week of rest. This will go for three months, two more to go, and then a CT Scan. He was happy for me and is rooting as well. When he saw me before new Years he had counted me out. Figured I had a month or so to go ...

Now... he is very happy with my progress and is behind me 100% now. When he saw me and got excited & happy ... I did as well. He said the course we are on is the most effective for the Head & Neck Cancer I have. From all the results so far it seems to be working ... he is very pleased and that is all that counts. It's working, even after he decided I was not going to last over a month. Now ..... it's different, I am getting better.

It's still a bit hard to eat solid foods as the throat is still swollen... albeit getting looser. I try to eat when I can. I have no fat on me... too thin at 149 pounds. I try to get more calories into me to get stronger. I am feeling a bit stronger but not to be where I wanted to be. That does get me down a bit ... as well as the drugs.

The Trach has to be replaced with a smaller one and I think it will be done next Friday as this one aggravates my throat. Hard to bend down to pick up something. I have not been able to lay flat to sleep as the face needs to drain. I end up sleeping sitting up the best I can. The face does swell a bit more and then drains further. It may take months to get back to normal according to docs last month. I hope it happens sooner.

I am tired and sore considering what I have gone through. Friends are amazed as to how I have healed and keep cheering me on. I do have ups and downs with less downs and more ups now. Starting to feel aches and pains that indicates the body is healing. I do drink a lot of "ensure" type products to keep me going. Just need to get more solid foods in me belly :-) I do get discouraged when I try to eat and it wont go down ... But I keep trying. Some days I can get a lot down ... such as a Pizza Pocket ... damn it tasted GOOD!!! I am working on getting better and back to normal ... I feel it is NOT my time to go and I have more to do!!!

Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Jaak: Very tough journey you 're taking, but delighted to hear that the news is engouraging!....and you are missing nothing Porsche related in Ontario in the winter anyway. You'll be back
Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Ronan, thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Great news Jaak, keep on the path.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Livio928
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaak,

Your tenacious attitude on your journey is VERY inspiring to never give up the GOOD fight. I am sure that I speak for many reading this thread and following your progress with your ups and downs and back ups again that we are behind you 100% and wish you would kick this in the A$$. Great news!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:11 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Great news, Jaak! Very happy for you!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks folks ... your encouragement does help a lot!!!

I am fighting this and will beat it ... Doc was very happy and pleased which gave me MORE of an incentive to get over it!!! Friends are pushing for me as well ... they are just as pleased when they see me improving.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:21 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

As always, let me know if you need help with Thor. My Vizsla loves playing with Goldens, and vice versa!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks! Thor has been visited by his many GF's this weekend. He is happy.

Today a lot of the Dog owners in the neighbourhood have come by to visit today. They all miss me and are worried about me as they have not seen me since before Christmas. They now have my number and will text me to come for a visit. It's too cold to go out for too long as I do have a trach still. This makes for very short jaunts outside. I can go shopping etc., if someone drives which is OK. I get driven every few days as some friends are retired and like the company. We have a good time and keep it to less than 2 hours as I get tired.

This weekend was good as I was able to eat a fair bit!!! More in 24 hours than in a week. My throat seems to be loosening up for a bit longer than before. Still not enough, but it's getting better!!! Need to gain weight ... doc has me on the "you got to get fatter" diet He told me to eat what I can ... no limit. Just a low antioxidant diet to help the chemo work. Gotta get some weight on...
Old 02-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Excellent news!
Old 02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
djharmonix
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 996 Carrera last summer from an oncology doctor here in Montreal.

He told me one thing: "you're doing the right thing, enjoy every moment in this car and from life in general because you never know when disease strikes. I treat patients for cancer that are younger than you every day."

I hope all the best for you OP. Stay strong!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Back from Chemo at 2 today. I go back in two weeks again as I get 1 week break. My face is almost back to normal with the swelling, other than the throat which is still not allowing too much solid food through. There are times when it does and I eat until it closes up. It's hard living this way as I see food and want to eat, body won't let me. I am still at 145 pounds and stable.

The black cancer around my neck where the surgical scars are has turned to pink and red and started to heal up!!! The Doc is happy with my numbers after each blood test and chemo session. He has gotten more excited at my recovery so far!!!

I go a shorter Treach put in over a week ago Friday that seems to have closed it up as I am now breathing through my nose and mouth again. I go back in a month and maybe have it removed? I hope so as it makes it hard to do some things such as eat and bend down.

Chemo does hit me at times making me tired and lacking in energy. I don't have the energy to get up and post ... or I have trouble trying to get things a bit straight. I'm lucky I don't get nauseous (just a slight bit) and I don't bring up. I have all my hair and with the swelling going down I will get my hair cut this week.

I do manage to get out of the house a few times a week to go shopping with friends to supplies and neat stuff I want. I get then to drive my F150 and Beepster ... have many volunteers That is the longest I can go before I need to rest for a day. Once I get back to eating properly, I will get my strength back. All I am is skin and bones with a killer grip according to people. The cold I feel and have to have the furnace turned up!

This morning was one of the coldest day of the year with -38 C wind chill which made me bring out the Canada Goose Parka to stay warm. Body was warm... legs cold as I did not put on wind pants. I am in the Hospital from 7:30 till 1:30 and they keep it warm. Walk from parking garage is damn cold due to wind tunnel affect .....

Me yesterday. Lower cheeks are swollen as is the front of the neck. Getting smaller....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Those three words