Notices

Does anyone know this 964 for sale in Canada??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
m3231
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the first problem is, this is NOT the car from WFC's. The guy I bought it from owned it for 6 or 7 years. This is all document on the title.

2) carfax is nothing more than a website that wants your money. There are many like it. Anyone can call in and give information about a car and they will publish it. CONVERSELY, they miss stuff too..
Carfax is listed on the RIPOFF REPORT and was even on television.

If you are interested, you can read about some of the problems with "carfax" AND other such sites here http://tinyurl.com/l7wh7db

I have the clear Ontario Title if anyone is interested in this car.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 PM
m3231
Track Day

"Ad has been flagged and is gone. Odd, and would a yellow flag to me. Rk"

rally guy.. the ad was flagged and pulled because craigs list will not allow us in Canada to advertise in Los Angeles. Its mid winter here. I didn't think anyone would be interested in a sports car in Canada when its -20 here.. plus the US dollar is so much stronger, so I listed it on LACraigs list but it only lasted for a day. Kijiji will not allow this either. they say its for local advertising only.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:53 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

So does anyone have a readers digest version so i dont have to read the whole thread ?
is a car bing sold a salvage car ?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 PM
m3231
Track Day

no. it has clear ontario title!

heres what a dealer thinks about carfax....

Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 PM
m3231
Track Day

over 300 complaints about Carfax on this site alone...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...fax_inacc.html
Old 01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

oh sorry !! .... are you the seller ?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
m3231
Track Day

heres a lawyer saying not to trust carfax

http://louismgreen.com/blog/the-trouble-with-carfax/
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM
m3231
Track Day

yes I am
Old 01-27-2014, 05:29 PM
m3231
Track Day

thank you "Doctor Gillick" for POSTING MY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!

I gave this to you in Confidence, thinking you were a nice enough guy to talk to and a Porsche enthusiast. Not only you posted the VIN number of my private car but also "PM ME FOR THE ****ING APPRAISAL REPORT"

Who else did you send this to "Doctor"? Do you treat your patients confidential information the same way?

Furthermore, you are basing your assesment of my car on a false report with NO BASIS

-- the Doctors website incase anyone is interested.... http://www.tveh.ca/about-us

Last edited by m3231; 01-28-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

This is getting out of hand...

I have apologized to the seller for posting the VIN (with the intent of showing that it was not the car from WFC), but a quick search did bring up a red flag (real or in error, it's out there). Honestly, never thought it was a big deal to post a VIN on a car for sale (unless someone has something to hide?).

Never did I post the sellers name - although it's not hard to find out. I don't need to resort to "eye for an eye" and start bad mouthing anyone or posting their full names on forums.

I will let your own actions speak for themselves to potential buyers out there.

Good luck with your sale. I hope you clear the whole CarFax "error" up soon.

Regards.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Most RL members that are selling cars here put the VIN right in the ad, so I can't imagine why the owner is so upset.....
Old 01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that a VIN is NOT private or confidential... it's a serial number. If it was meant to be private it would not be prominently displayed on the windshield of every car to make it easy to read. In the UK you can get the VIN and the entire history of the car and all its past owners by the registration number (license plate).
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Yeah, nonetheless, the buyer would like me to remove his VIN from this post so I have...
Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
m3231
Track Day

the issue was I gave it to you in confidence and you decided to post it on the net AND offer to give out my appraisal too. I happened to come across this thread by accident and realize you are talking about me and my car behind my back and I shouldn't be upset?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr Mitch
He had an appraisal of the car from 2012 - PM if interested - only issue was some body filler on engine deck lid and poor rock chip touch ups.
Owner also said he has all service documentation dating back to when the car was new.
He is trying to find the CarFax from when he bought the car.
Car has been serviced by Mantis for a number of years.
According to appraiser, no obvious structural damage or rust.

nibc.org shows a salvage title from '94, ibc.ca doesn't show anything. CarFax shows 23 listings - which could be the registration of the car in different states, etc - but I didn't order the full report.

If the salvage is an error - car seems real nice - a bit high priced perhaps - but come summer, probably not far off, especially for a C2?
PM me if interested does not mean I actually had the appraisal, nor does it mean I would fwd it to someone if I did.

Read it again, I was actually taking a neutral stance giving you the benefit of the doubt.

As for the VIN "in confidence" - I asked how long you owned the car and when the last valve adjustment was done. You then gave me a long (and somewhat personal) history of the car and offered the VIN to me - which is totally normal for someone trying to sell the car. You were not disclosing your bank accounts, or vital personal information to me. Anyone else interested in the car would have gotten the same info from you.

I never posted why you are selling the car, and certainly didn't post your name, address, place of business, but thanks for that - seriously - posting my name and work website on a Porsche forum?? Not sure if this sort of free advertising is allowed, but I'll take it.

Let's look at it from an outsiders perspective, someone in Ontario posts a for sale ad in California (a little strange). The ad is taken down by kijiji (hmm). There is a history of an identical car recently bought in Ontario with a sketchy history (WTF?). Said car is NOT the one with a sketchy past (PHEW), BUT a quick search using the "confidential" VIN shows a salvage title from 1994 (back to a little strange).

I have apologized for any grief I have given you, I told my friend not to contact you about the car and I removed the VIN from my posting. If you are angry that there still remains a salvage title report on your car, get angry at the ones who put it there (if it was actually in err).

Otherwise, as I said in my last email, we're through here.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this 964 for sale in Canada??