Notices

Scammers still at it

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Scammers still at it

Haven't received one of these in a long time. Thought maybe they've quit trying...until today. Thought I'd string him along for a bit.

Email #2:
Alright, thanks for been honest with me....Am ready to pay for it, All i will need from you now you should send me invoice of payment through your paypal account for me to make the transfer of money to you account here for the vehicle, once you have the money in your account, pickup will be arrange and i will responsible for the shipping fees ok......Wait to hear from you....

#3:
Alright, am from south Carolina and i prefer buy vehicle in Canada than state because they are strong and reliable for me, i will like you to get back to me with your firm price for it ok.....Wait to hear from you....

Finally the catch...email #4:
I will be sending the funds ASAP but before i make the payment,there is something i need you to be aware of,i just received an email from the shipping company that will be in charge of the pick up of the truck.They said i need to pay them their fees which is $2,015.45 before they proceed with coming for it and the only form of payment that they accept is Money Gram Money Transfer.Where i am,the nearest Money Gram office is 5hrs from me and i could also send it online using their website,but they are not accepting any of my Credit cards.I don't know if it will be ok,if i include this agent's fees in the payment. i will be sending you now,so on receipt of the total funds,you will remove the additional funds of $2,015.45 and help me send it at your local Money Gram office which can be found at any walmart office or shopping mall, Let me know if this is ok and i will proceed with the payment....

My response to his last email:
"The problem is that I live on Gilligan's Island and there is no Money Gram office here. Please let me know how best to proceed".
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice answer
Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

LOL. perhaps your lovely neighbor couple next door, ron jeremy and homer simpson can drive the car directly to the seller?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:41 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The guy is still bugging me about the damn Money Gram. Two more emails from him tonight. Here's my latest one back to him:

James, have you imported a Canadian car into the US before? I have brought a US car into Canada, but never the other way around. It looks like there are a number of issues to make the car US compliant.

1) The bumper laws are different. I will need to replace them with US spec bumpers.
2) I need to change the muffler bearings and blinker fluid.
3) All US cars apparently require a built in lockable holster for guns which I will need to add.
4) Due to issues with the NAFTA agreement (North American Fool's Truck & Auto agreement), you will need to pay 15% duty.

These changes alone will add about $25,000 to the price of the vehicle. If you still want this over a US car (I think you're a damn fool if you do, no offence intended though), let me know.

Also forgot to mention that PayPal charges me a fee, so I'd rather do a wire transfer. If you still want to do PayPal, I will need to add another $5000 to the price.

If you are still interested, let me know. There is nowhere on Gilligan's Island for me to send a Money Gram, but I just spoke to my brother in Texas who said he would send it for me. You might know of him. His name is Thurston Howell III.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha.... pathetic people!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 440 Likes on 283 Posts

I see's a fight coming on....

Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

This is too funny!! I dealt with a snowmobile scam a few years back trying to help a friend out who got scammed to the tune of $7k USD. I played the next idiot who was to be scammed by the scammer and wrote similar types of letters to the ones you wrote. We actually traced a fax that I convinced the scammer to send me back to an e-cafe in Indonesia. We never caught the guy but it was fun trying.

Quick Reply: Scammers still at it