Notices

Going Mountain Biking - with the 911

Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut

Absolutely, I'm in for a Rennlist mtn bike ride!
Me too!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 for a Rennlist ride...although I'm currently on the hunt for a new bottom bracket, current one sounds like ball bearings in a can!!!

A group shot of cars with bikes on top would be cool.
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Jonathan!!! Got to love the versatility of the 911, one day your on the track and the next your hauling your bike.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

How about next weekend for a ride???
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Muskoka cruise on Sunday
Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 AM
colombiano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one I bought is called the "talon". I love it! The rear wheel is resting on the spoiler but there is also a single suction cup on the rear window that I tethered the frame to. Normally there is a strap for the rear wheel (see Cams pic above) but I can't suction to the spoiler where the rear wheel is

Absolutely, I'm in for a Rennlist mtn bike ride!
Sweet! Looks like a very good option. Am assuming prior to the 996 there was no roof rails.

I bought an oem roof rack for my 997 haven't put it on yet, as I take my daily TDI for any riding that I do. A rennlist MTB ride would be worth taking the 911 in bike mode out for

Should I make a new thread to set up the details?

We just need to setup date best for everyone and location.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 PM
colombiano
Instructor

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Me too!
WOW! That's a killer mountain bike! I ride an epic as well no sworks through, Got a 29er early this year.

Cyclocross - Sweet! I did my first cyclocross race event earlier on this week. I felt bad putting my pinarello through those paces so I used my epic. I might grab a cyclocross specific bike at the fall bike show.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by colombiano
Sweet! Looks like a very good option. Am assuming prior to the 996 there was no roof rails.

I bought an oem roof rack for my 997 haven't put it on yet, as I take my daily TDI for any riding that I do. A rennlist MTB ride would be worth taking the 911 in bike mode out for

Should I make a new thread to set up the details?

We just need to setup date best for everyone and location.
Pre-996 has rain gutters, which a lot of people mount racks to. I opted for the seasucker for a number of reasons:

- easy to install/remove (< 5 mins) with no fumbling/paint scratching
- can be installed on any of my vehicles, which means 1 system fits all
- less expensive than getting roof racks and then a bike rack attachment
- looks damn cool!

Let's use this thread to decide on a time and location, and then we can use a new thread as a notice/signup thread - avoids the debating!

I don't know the trails around the GTA, have heard good things about don valley and I'm sure there's lots in the escarpment.... what are the best locations guys?

What about Sun the 22nd or Sat the 28th?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:29 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Me too!

[IMG][/IMG]
Awesome bikes! Love the Kona. My Kona is my first real mountain bike (actually, the first bike I've bought myself since the bike I had as a kid). I love it, it's nimble on tight trails/technical stuff and puts up with my "ride it like I stole it" style. My only complaint is that I find the gears like to change themselves sometimes, and I wish the gear changes were more responsive. Or maybe I just shouldn't be trying to gear down halfway up a hill....
Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by 9964runner
+1 for a Rennlist ride...although I'm currently on the hunt for a new bottom bracket, current one sounds like ball bearings in a can!!!

A group shot of cars with bikes on top would be cool.
That would be an awesome picture! Looks like we will have a decent group for our ride!

Originally Posted by nr1416
Looking good Jonathan!!! Got to love the versatility of the 911, one day your on the track and the next your hauling your bike.
I laugh whenever my single friends talk about "needing a practical car". Unless you need to tow something, there's not much a 911 can't do! I'm convinced there is no other car that is this much fun while offering this much versatility!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

That would be an awesome picture! Looks like we will have a decent group for our ride!

I laugh whenever my single friends talk about "needing a practical car". Unless you need to tow something, there's not much a 911 can't do! I'm convinced there is no other car that is this much fun while offering this much versatility!
and 4 wheel drive opens up even more possibilities...
Old 09-14-2013, 09:33 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Love the Kona.
Me too. It *may* be the favorite of my three bikes, which is a crazy statement when its up against an SWorks Epic and an SWorks Tarmac!

I got the Jake the Snake to race P2A and for winter riding - but I often take it in the trails instead of the Epic depending upon where Im going. Its also a fall back when either bike is down - I can take it in the place of a road OR mountain bike, 12mos a year. Amazing.

Hope timing works out so I can join a ride!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Heres a pic of my Porsche hauling my bike in the winter with snows on! What more could I ask of it??

Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM
colombiano
Instructor

Pre-996 has rain gutters, which a lot of people mount racks to. I opted for the seasucker for a number of reasons:

- easy to install/remove (< 5 mins) with no fumbling/paint scratching
- can be installed on any of my vehicles, which means 1 system fits all
- less expensive than getting roof racks and then a bike rack attachment
- looks damn cool!

Let's use this thread to decide on a time and location, and then we can use a new thread as a notice/signup thread - avoids the debating!

I don't know the trails around the GTA, have heard good things about don valley and I'm sure there's lots in the escarpment.... what are the best locations guys?

What about Sun the 22nd or Sat the 28th?
Makes sense about the sea sucker.

Location, there is a few options that are not too far.
- kelso in Milton
- Hilton falls in Milton
- Albion hills north of Bolton ( I would suggest this one as lots of well marked trails, lots of parking and decent drive but not too far, also has bike washing station so we don't get the cars too dirty and a great gourmet pizza spot afterwards.
- Don valley, have not ridden there in a long time.

Date, I presume a Sat or Sun morning would be ideal for everyone ? Oct 5th for me is good as it looks sept 28th is booked.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm in Miami on Oct.5th...before that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going Mountain Biking - with the 911