Notices

Bell Fibe deals

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Just watch out for the resellers coming around to your door trying to get you signed up with Bell. It starts off ok in that they just want your email address to send you some info about the Fibe service and a quote. Then they want your phone number.... OK.... For your discount from Bell... Ok... Then he starts playing with his mobile and mumbling in his ID number and name while the other one keeps you busy with types of plans and TV channels and then, 'Oh Sam from Bell wants to speak to you...' Sam?? Oh hello Sam... 'Hi, when would you like your service to start'? What service? 'Oh your order your placing...' I'm NOT ordering anything. 'What...?' There has been a miscommunication (I was being kind) on everyone's part here - except myself. (Shocked look on the two clowns faces at my door). 'Ok... ummm, ahhh... I guess then we're done here Mr. xxxxxx?' Yup, see yeah, have a nice day. I hand the phone back to Tweedledee and said, Don't call me - I'll call you if I want Bell. Lot's of red faces (except mine) and they walk away to the next potential victim next door...

I have no doubt they have a good service - probably better then the evil Rogers but the scams these door knockers are pulling off on behalf of Bell just turned me against them. They offer six months free and then the fine print (they don't show you at the door) that you have to search for hits later.

They want a contract. For two years. You OWE them $200 if you cancel within the first year and a $100 in the second year. Go push sand. They have an install fee. I said I'm not paying it - so bye bye. Suddenly they might be able to waive that... as I'm pointing them to the street. But they still want a contract. Don't do that either I say. (Puzzled look between them) Did I tell you I'm a ***** to deal with? (Looks like they agree with that when they look back at each other again.)

You find out later that Bell offers a 12 month discount that works out better then their 6 month free with the install fees and charges for extra receivers that Bell includes for nothing. All of this is blown through and around you at the door in lightning speed between the two of them - one always keeping you busy so you have no time to process what he said before the other one changes the topic from TV to Internet. I've seen this two on one before at car dealers and New York City, 'which cup is hiding the coin' street scam artists.

There is no free lunch with ANY Canadian cable/Telecom company. It's all about 'churn' in this industry and stealing you away from the other guy. After they sign you up they couldn't give a s**t about you any longer. That's why contracts are stupid here. You have to be able to move back and forth from one another to keep getting these 'specials' deals. Being locked in is economically silly which is why I have no contract with Rogers, or Teksavvy or Koodo.

Out of curiosity I asked these kids how much is the normal non contract install fee was? $400. Get the f**k outta here I say. They looked sheepish. I said your forced to say that right - to see if we *buy* that number? (They look like they want to run now)

They other problem with Bell is the forced bundling of TV and Internet. With Rogers at least you have a choice. Take the bundle and save money or not, (and I choose not). With Bell they refuse to separate the two with the bulls**t that they cannot deliver one without the other. It's a pure marketing/ sales scam to double up sales and profits.

When Fibe first came to my area I'm out walking the dog and stop and talk to their installer. After lot's of back and forth he finally admitted that it's not technically difficult to just deliver a TV signal and filter out the internet signal or the TV signal using a different set top box. In fact he said there were a few customer such as business clients that they did this for. But you'll never get Bell to admit this to you he said...

So while I do put up with Rogers for TV... I'll wait until Bell is desperate for my business and will agree to MY demands. I can wait.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

^^ I lost it on the pair that showed up to my door as well. Same bull**** as the home heating nat gas contracts 15 years ago. In that case someone forged my signature on a document. The old can i see your current gas bill trick. Ma Bell is getting desperate as the big red machine continues to steam roll them!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Livio928
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched to Fibe from Starchoice (now Shaw) after close to 15 years. Great at the beginning but Shaw was **** in the end, not wanting to properly fix service issues. When I asked them about upgrading my service to a new model PVR, the told me that they will take my own PVR that I purchased outright and with an additional $399 they would give me a new model. BTW, there was NO service contract after 6 months! I couldn't beleive what I was hearing especially since Fibe was offering me 3 PVRs, free install, some free programming for 6 months, and double my internet bandwidth. I told the Shaw reb about the offer that I recieved from Bell and he basically didn't care that he was losing a 15 yr client - Incredible. The sales person who came to my house was an ex Shaw installer/employee and said that she saw the ship sinking and decided to bail after constantly hearing the same story from Shaw customers.

I don't like to flip from provider to provider, but I will tell you I am very happy with Fibe and and kicking myself why i didn't switch from Shaw three years ago. I always thought that they would improve their system and equipment, but it is same old stuff but now with crappy service.

I am o.k. with Fibe.

Quick Reply: Bell Fibe deals