Notices

AutoPartsWay is getting sloppy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All businesses make mistakes, I think Autocratsway are making effort to provide better service and to fix mistakes. I'm not letting Autopartsway off the hook, they are responsible for the products they sell but as Gregster indicated above, all the parts are dropped shipped from the Workpac warehouses. Mixups happen at the warehouse level all the time, the mistake is with Worldpac and could have happened with any of the online discount parts suppliers who use their warehouses.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I've ordered tons from rockauto and partsmonkey, never had a problem. I've ordered 3 times from autopartsway and never NOT had a problem.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
I've ordered tons from rockauto and partsmonkey, never had a problem. I've ordered 3 times from autopartsway and never NOT had a problem.
Where are Rockauto and Partsmonkey shipping from? If from the US, is it a Canadian Warehouse thing?
Old 01-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

It's from the US. Prices are comparable to CDN prices after shipping. That said, I haven't ordered anything from either of them since the dollar sank so low, so that might tip the scales. Still, I'd rather pay a few more dollars and know I'll get it right the first time than deal with the clowns at autopartsway.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
It's from the US. Prices are comparable to CDN prices after shipping. That said, I haven't ordered anything from either of them since the dollar sank so low, so that might tip the scales. Still, I'd rather pay a few more dollars and know I'll get it right the first time than deal with the clowns at autopartsway.
the problem is as mentioned that Autopartsway is just a vendor that drop ships from WorldPac. Sometimes I get returned items from WorldPac that have been resealed. Their returns process is a pain even for a shop owner such as myself.

If anyone needs anything I can match autopartsway pricing, i can't offer free shipping though
Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Dinicod
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a set of plugs from them about a year ago. Turns out they don't carry them anymore, yet I could still order them?
Anyway, they still charged me for them AND I had to ask for a refund, which was far from a smooth transaction. They also added the shipping charge for some reason?
I've been weery of using them ever since.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Used them once last year, one out of the four parts were good, the one was the wrong size (front main seal for a 4L Ford). It was a bit of a circus show to get it all straightened out.

Quick Reply: AutoPartsWay is getting sloppy