4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is CTC / Parts Source?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

Canadian Tire Corporation ....

Part Source .. owned by CTC and Automotive focused retail outlet.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
JimmyTu
4th Gear

Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Dan@SCB
Banned

If you guys need replacement parts please send me a pm, we can get most modern car common replacement parts and maintanance parts. please include online price and link ill see if i can match it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyTu
I used them about a handful of times and never had a problem. (...) With autopartsway i always got the correct part, at least so far, and shipping was always very quick.
That had been my experience up until recently, but I've had two bad orders in a row (on the one before this, I ordered two valve cover gasket "kits" because their price seemed way lower than anyone else for the kit -- it turns out that this was because it was only one gasket from the kit, not all 17 pieces as the listing and photo indicated).

To be clear, they accept returns, but they have a system which actively discourages them: all returns must be in the same box they shipped it to you in, and you're on your own for the cost of shipping it back, even if the part they sent you was the wrong one. In other words, if you order something, and they send you the wrong thing, you can return it for a refund, but their mistake will cost you money.

I'm sure this isn't unusual for online parts houses, but I was a lot more satisfied with it when they weren't making mistakes. Just my opinion.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
JimmyTu
4th Gear

If you let them know that you don't have the original box before sending something back they will let you do it anyway. At least they did for me, can't speak for every situation.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 482 Posts

AutoPartsWay is why I deal south of the border, for better service and for better pricing.

My friend order the right part for his car. The wrong part was delivered and they expected him to pay the return shipping. Yeah right, they screw up and he should pay return shipping.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
BBgun
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Same thing also, bought an air filter for my 944S, they sent one for a 944, they wanted me to ship it back, the cost was $8,00 to ship for a $10,00 item. Ya right !
Never again.
Bruno
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BBgun
Same thing also, bought an air filter for my 944S, they sent one for a 944, they wanted me to ship it back, the cost was $8,00 to ship for a $10,00 item. Ya right !
Never again.
Bruno
After the experience my friend had, I asked AutoPartsWay:

I haven't ordered yet.

I'm careful who I deal with and I want to know their policies before I place an order.

The question was:

If Autopartsway sends the wrong part or if the part listed on their site is wrong and as a result won't fit, who pays for return shipping?

Will a refund be issued for the full amount if Autopartsway cannot supply the part or will a credit be issued?

Thanks!

Their Response:
Dear Alex,

If you carefully select your complete vehicle and read all the notes on the part, it is extremely rare that you will receive a wrong part. We have an almost fully automated fulfillment system which takes all human errors out of the packaging process and we have an award winning catalog that is the most accurate in the industry. Therefore if you completely select your vehicle, and read any additional notes you see next to the part, the part you receive will fit.

Having said that, in extremely rare cases, it is possible for us to send the wrong part. Again, this is very, very rare. However in these cases we will send you a pre-paid label for the return and refund you in full.

---
Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Customer Service
AutoPartsWAY.ca
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
After the experience my friend had, I asked AutoPartsWay:
Their Response:
Having said that, in extremely rare cases, it is possible for us to send the wrong part. Again, this is very, very rare. However in these cases we will send you a pre-paid label for the return and refund you in full.
This was not what I heard from them when I called about the valve cover gaskets at the end of last year. It's interesting that there seems to be a disparity, here.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pontifex4
This was not what I heard from them when I called about the valve cover gaskets at the end of last year. It's interesting that there seems to be a disparity, here.
Well I made sure I had it in writing. I still have that e-mail.

If they yo-yo back and forth on their policies, I wouldn't waste my time with them.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyTu
If you let them know that you don't have the original box before sending something back they will let you do it anyway. At least they did for me, can't speak for every situation.
Are you affiliated with them? Your initial post was your first post ever on Rennlist, and indicated you've never had a problem with them. Now you're posting that you've had to return something to them. Hmm, sounds suspicious.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
awp_rep
AutoX

Hi guys.

I work for AutoPartsWAY.ca. I think one of you from this forum must have posted this form name today on our facebook page. Of Course there wasn't a link so it took me a while to figure out what you were referring to. If it wasn't one of you, than I apologize for the assumption, but someone posted a message with this forum name.

I am surprised to see anyone dissatisfied with our service. Let me give you a couple of statistics.

1. There is almost 0% chance that a part you purchase on our website will not fit your vehicle. We get all our data directly form manufacturers. Our catalog is tested weekly and we have over 99.3% accuracy, which is unseen in the automotive industry.

2. We have a very flexible return policy. If you don't like a product return it. We say 15 days, but just contact us, we'll make it 30 days for you. No original box, as someone here mentioned, let us know and we'll still take it back in most cases. Our return rate is 2.7%, again one of the lowest in the industry.

3. We have mechanics, physical store owners and auto shops use our website daily. Actually a huge percent (can't give this number away) of our business is auto shops, mechanics and stores. They purchase directly form our website as anyone can and they get the same pricing as anyone coming to our website. The return rate for these customers is less than 1%. If our website was not accurate, these businesses would not be using our website, as they usually order parts to put into customer vehicles.

What we found is that most returns are for parts where the customer doesn't do their research and doesn't ask. For example I just was a customer ask to return rotors and say we shipped him the wrong ones. Here is what really happened. The customer selected his vehicle, selected front rotors. There were 3 rotors listed. 2 of them were 220mm and one was 180mm. They were clearly labeled. The 180mm were cheapest so customer just purchased those. His vehicle uses 220mm rotors so obviously these didn't fit. Did we ship him the wrong ones? No. His vehicle year, make, and model came with 2 different types of brakes. Both were listed on the website, he simply chose the cheapest instead of finding our what size he has on the vehicle.

Another one I saw a few days ago is a customer wanted a headlight bulb. He selected the vehicle correctly and was given a few bulbs, which were labeled either halogen or xenon. He purchased halogen and came back asking to return because it wasn't bright as the other side and therefore it must be the wrong bulb. Again we gladly accepted the return.

Someone mentioned that we change our policies, and this is partly true. The policies as they are on the website have not changed since 2008. However we bend them very often, when possible, to accomodate a customer. For example extending the return period, accepting returns without the original box, etc.

As for refund delays that someone mentioned, there are only 3 occasions where you may not get a quick refund.

1. You returned a core, which normally requires us to send back to manufacturer or supplier for inspection and approval.

2. You returned the part in person. This may sound ironic, but since the return doesn't go to the right place when you do that, it actually creates more work and delays your refund.

3. You returned the part without the RMA# on the box. These are looked at last since they take time to figure out what they are and for our warehouse how to inspect them. With the RMA# the warehouse just puts that in the system and can approve the refund for the return right away.

Lastly, I am the only one that works for AutoPartsWAY on this forum. Any other posts are not from us, as someone else suggested they may be.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
awp_rep
AutoX

Also, I'll gladly and honestly answer any questions any of you may have.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awp_rep
There is almost 0% chance that a part you purchase on our website will not fit your vehicle.
I guess you haven't read some of the replies on this thread. Someone at APW can still pick the wrong part or the part may be in the wrong bin.

And the part you sent my friend which looked correct in the pic on-line, was incorrect when received. And it being a down pipe, the return shipping due to size and weight ran him about $35.

Quick Reply: AutoPartsWay is getting sloppy