Notices

Anyone here think we need a Canadian Off Topic Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O! K!!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Yep!!

BTW Francesca - your avitar creeps me out!!
You should feel my grip ..... it is even creepier!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Too late. I just sold it last week to get something really fast...a '13 Vette.

As for off topic, there are plenty of forums out there to join. This is a PORSCHE forum or do we not have enough Porsche talk to talk about?
"Puke...puke!!!!"

The thought of they happening just made me throw up in my mouth.

Maybe I should have sold it to someone more worthy.....

LOL!!! Just kidding...
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Dr Mitch
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freshfaceinurface
You should feel my grip ..... it is even creepier!!
That avatar, the comment, now I'm creeped out.

But you know what I REALLY hate, a "dead fish" hand shake (from either a man or women).
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
"Puke...puke!!!!"

The thought of they happening just made me throw up in my mouth.

Maybe I should have sold it to someone more worthy.....

LOL!!! Just kidding...
Al, I was kidding. Me in a Vette...please. Good performance for the money, but no thanks.

I can't stand the smell of Mattel plastic interiors and all American cars I have been in smell just like that.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I had the pleasure of traversing Mosport (passenger) in a 996 turbo and a ZO6... Both signalled that I really don't like being a passenger in a nuts-over-the-top car. I can't say the plastic in either made any difference. Brakes on the other hand and the hump on the back straight with both cars losing traction at close to light speed made a difference. I can only hope my car comes close to an amalgam of either experience and that has become my objective to proceeding with what has become a difficult proposition. Cars driving at the posted limits and for general transit in this day and age isn't too difficult given the technology. I recall the Hyundia Pony of the 80's which seemed a slight improvement of a 70's Corolla. But today Hyundai and Kia build some of the most amazing road cars. Would I take them around Mosport for 20 laps and then home for the season? I think not.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The OT thread "Teachers" is a good example that we should have such a forum for members. The US OT Politics is controlled by a few Republican Neanderthals from the NRA. Good luck trying to express your views over there. We see the world differently and should have our own OT.

Last edited by petee1997; 01-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dr Mitch
That avatar, the comment, now I'm creeped out.

But you know what I REALLY hate, a "dead fish" hand shake (from either a man or women).
I do not do dead fish - was thought at a very young age - when you shake ones hand, in business or pleasure, always extend your right hand first, grip firmly and always keep eye contact. Never creeped any of my past customers before and after their car was repaired. Oh wait did I forget the duoble !!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
...Hey Mark is that a new GR 944?
Al, I've had her for about 14 years. I don't bring her out much any more but on one occassion Eshel managed to capture this great picture during one of Jim's Fall Drives.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by petee1997
Good luck trying to express your views over there.
What, you mean the Freedom of Speech thing is just an optics thing. Say it ain't so.

Actually, the Freedom of Speech is only a freedom if what you say is what others want to hear. There goes that double standard thing again.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Folks,

From 30 to 40 percent of this forum is what could be called OT. As I posted earlier, some OT here is fine since it applies to regional stuff - the Teacher's Thread is a decent example.

The gun control thread was moved to OT proper because it was highly controversial. Canadians calling their US counterparts names and telling them how to run THEIR country. Care to bash Americans, then do it in front of them instead of hiding here. Don't like the response you get, then avoid posting or consider your words before typing submit. At least one Canadian posting there is a troll and frankly, make Canadians look bad.

FWIW real OT forums are Members Only - in part to keep search engines from finding them.

Regards,
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

^^^^Is it Randy V? He is Canadian.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Folks,

From 30 to 40 percent of this forum is what could be called OT. As I posted earlier, some OT here is fine since it applies to regional stuff - the Teacher's Thread is a decent example.

The gun control thread was moved to OT proper because it was highly controversial. Canadians calling their US counterparts names and telling them how to run THEIR country. Care to bash Americans, then do it in front of them instead of hiding here. Don't like the response you get, then avoid posting or consider your words before typing submit. At least one Canadian posting there is a troll and frankly, make Canadians look bad.

FWIW real OT forums are Members Only - in part to keep search engines from finding them.

Regards,
No one is hiding, just want to express our point of view about any situation. Why have a Canadian Forum if some topics are off limits. We are different people with different values.

The gun debate was a good example of how any dissenting voice was treated with abuse, name calling etc.

The Americans you are talking about were the lunatic fringe and not the mainstream population. If Americans are so interested in any of our topics
and opinions they can participate in the Canadian Forum.

I agree that the OT should be limited to members.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Folks,

Regards,
Thats hilarious. OT is full of bombastic, self righteous homophobic racists and no one else (Canadian, American whatever) can chin up to their level of idiocy. Its run by a group of right wing lunatics and god help anyone who doesnt fall in with the party line.

I also find it quite amusing when the issue of trolling gets raised. In my opinion all of OT IS trolling. All the other racist etc BS is just fine but oh boy better not be trolling
Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

This conversation is reminicent of the line from the movie ' Cool Hand Luke' which as memory serves went as follows. 'What we have here is a failure to communicate'. The OT (P&C) conversations aren't really conversations but shouting matches. Because many if not most there subscribe to common values it's no wonder it becomes an exercise in frustration when folks from other cultures offer an opinion for which the response is a personal attack and that is the case for contributers from other countries too. Perhaps IB should consider allowing multiple OT's available to members. It would probably raise the value of the site.

Quick Reply: Anyone here think we need a Canadian Off Topic Thread?