Notices

Vancouver area help - PPI

Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Vancouver area help - PPI

Trying to get a friend in Van. into a p-car. He's found a 2002 cab at a dealer (Burnaby, I think) and will be looking at it tomorrow. anyone have recommendations for a PPI? I did a quick search and came up with Scan, followed by Weissach, anyone have experience with either?
As much as I'd like to give the car a shake-down for him, but Toronto to Vancouver a bit of a stretch....

Thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 AM
gruppe75
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a PPI done by Scan, they were very good to deal with.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Scan
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scan does my service and does it very well!

John in Vancouver
Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had PPI's done at both Weissach and Scan. I preferred Weissach which was also cheaper and it seemed more thorough.

Previously when I had my car serviced at Scan after a recommendation - they held the car too many days and it came back with bumper damage after I was told the owner was doing "errands" while diagnosing my car....
Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blitzkrieg, mb euromoters - both good and closer to Burnaby then scan

cant go wrong with weissach or scan, just don't like weissach and scan always quoted me more than the competition
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Tito_gsx
Advanced

+ one on blitz and MB because that's where I get work done on my car. But also heard good things out of Scan and Weissach....can't go wrong I think
Old 02-28-2017, 04:45 PM
zanderl
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A word of warning about an experience I just had with Weissach.

I was in the process of buying a car I had won on eBay "Buy it Now", and then arranged to have the PPI done at Weissach. Imagine my surprise when I find out that Weissach bought the car out from under me based on some sort of "First Right of Refusal" clause, and had it listed for sale on their website the very same day!

Word to the wise: don't ever send a car to Weissach for a PPI. If it's a compelling-enough deal, they may just "front run" and snake it out from under you.

I'm sure it was in their legal right to use the ROFR as it was in the fine print of the original sales contract between them and the seller - but who's to say they won't try to do this for *any* car brought in for a PPI. Seems like a pretty horrible business practice.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:22 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Weissach is a joke.

I'd never let them touch my car ever again.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:32 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Scan

without question

scan

my car is there now.

Seriously

scan

edit- Didn't realize this was a 5 year old thread!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 04:05 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zanderl
A word of warning about an experience I just had with Weissach.

I was in the process of buying a car I had won on eBay "Buy it Now", and then arranged to have the PPI done at Weissach. Imagine my surprise when I find out that Weissach bought the car out from under me based on some sort of "First Right of Refusal" clause, and had it listed for sale on their website the very same day!

Word to the wise: don't ever send a car to Weissach for a PPI. If it's a compelling-enough deal, they may just "front run" and snake it out from under you.

I'm sure it was in their legal right to use the ROFR as it was in the fine print of the original sales contract between them and the seller - but who's to say they won't try to do this for *any* car brought in for a PPI. Seems like a pretty horrible business practice.
I've dealt with Weissach for the past six years and have nothing but excellent experiences with them!!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Balu
Instructor

Originally Posted by zanderl
Imagine my surprise when I find out that Weissach bought the car out from under me based on some sort of "First Right of Refusal" clause, and had it listed for sale on their website the very same day!
Years back while still "hunting and figuring" I was viewing an 87 Carrera in the showroom there.
Silver and black, local, RUF wheels, low km's.. should have bought it in hindsight.
I was offered FROR at the time and mostly thought it a sales tactic of hollow
words to reassure me as a buyer.
Obvious now I was wrong.

While jawing with a salesman there two years ago about trading in the 87 Carrera
I did buy he told me they try to do a five grand flip.
With that said was the car originally available to you at five grand less than market value
and if so is it for sale now at five more?

Bummer as to your situation but I'm in agreement with Fanny here that my dealings with them have gone well.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:10 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,136 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Scan

without question

scan

my car is there now.
Are you the one holding up their loaner golf? They keep delaying my air pump replacement because someone is not returning the loaner

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vancouver area help - PPI