Notices

Recent New Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Recent New Member

Hello All, I first posted in the main forum, wihtout knowing about the Toronto Region. So here I am !

Purchased my 2009 C2S about a month ago. Absolutely a fantastic car, gives me the shivers. Its already put away in storage for the Winter period, but cannot wait until the Spring. Already getting withdrawal symptoms big time !

Looking forward to any local up and coming events .

Best Regards

Neil
Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Welcome Mumbles .. we have an event every week in Toronto so come along and introduce yourself. Check the sticky posts at the top of this forum for details. i dont make it out to that many as I am out in Cambridge but i know it goes on every week rain or shine with or without your Toy. Most bring winter beaters through the winter but a fair number of guys drive all year round.
Not sure if we have moved over to Artizanos yest on Eglinton.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome and enjoy your new toy in good health.

Stan
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Thanks for the welcome guys. Purchased the car from Indianaoplis. It came with many extras I don't really require but it is what it is. Just got over 4k kms and a 18months of warranty left.

Sold my nearly new s2000 in the Fall and followed this cars journey south until I caught up with it.
Super smooth and PDK is a great option. its a whole new world to discover.

Being in buisness for the last 22 yrs, this helps keep me going........

Best Regards

Neil
Old 11-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Xpit77
Racer

Thumbs up Newbie

On behalf of the 944 /951 water cooled owners welcome.
Withdrawal symptoms ?
Get use to it. We have,sort of,maybe ?
And, when you see another Porsche and the driver waves at you, wave back.
Have fun with your car next spring.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
lopro
Banned

lucky you, im very new also but seems the forums are full of good people.

lots of wize porsche fans on the board and useful porsche information.

Have fun and I hear you on waiting for next year, I am already withdrawing very much myself.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from another 997.2 owner Make sure you come to one of Saturday morning Get Together (and we will try and convince you to drive your car in winter as well )
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
lopro
Banned

dont let them do it (just kidding) have fun with it however you feel is best
Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Cheers guys.......no she's away until Spring time, battery's out . I'm like a kid with a new toy. Actually I am an old kid with a new toy......gees, this Winters going to crease me having to wait. But I purchased at the right time. Had two weeks with the car and spent hours inspecting the design, trims, brake system etc.
This is my first Porsche and its just to much to take in when purchasing the car, as its unfamiliar territory.

But boy is it ever good !! wife looks at me like.......what you doing now ? just lookin I tell her as I move my bed into the garage.

Neil
Old 11-30-2011, 11:40 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats mumbles! You will soon discover what an incredible community you've become a part of. Make sure you venture out on Satudays, even if you're car is away for the snowy season!

Beautiful car, will you take her tithe track?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Had two weeks with the car and spent hours inspecting the design, trims, brake system etc.
This is my first Porsche and its just to much to take in when purchasing the car, as its unfamiliar territory
Neil
your very correct, I also found in the beginning it was so much to take in. Although it will become like second nature to you after a while. I find once you have some reading time in on the forum it really helps to get the hang of the people and the car(s) Best of luck to you bud. I know what you mean, there is so much to read about it can be daunting to say the least. For me right now im really having a hard time choosing between the many exhaust upgrade choices.

Originally Posted by Mumbles
But boy is it ever good !! wife looks at me like.......what you doing now ? just lookin I tell her as I move my bed into the garage.

Neil
very well put neil, I understand where your coming from an although some wives try to understand because they care for you, most just dont get it. they may even like cars but I have yet to find a woman that shares the passion, If you have found one that does your a lucky , Lucky man!!!!

either way it's very cool that you found a car that gives you a feeling of passion, more so that you found a porsche and can share it with us. Best of luck with it.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Congrats mumbles! You will soon discover what an incredible community you've become a part of. Make sure you venture out on Satudays, even if you're car is away for the snowy season!

Beautiful car, will you take her tithe track?
Thanks for the warm welcome p0n, this fall I sold my red s2000, but earlier on this year a trip was organized for a few of us s2000 owners to go to Watkins Glen. It was a long day in the saddle 1100 k but it turned out to be a beautiful drive and the track was truly immaculate.
Down in the town there is a store you can buy "hot laps " ticket. This allowed us to be behind a pace car for 5 laps. Not the fastest but getting to 120k in some areas. But it was just a great time by all, and a beautiful drive along the finger lakes, vineyards.

I'm really not a track junkie, and being to Mosport this fall for another hot lap parade, there was so much rubber on the track, stuff was flying everywhere.

Truly the only way to open up the potential of this car is to take it to the track ( but I'll keep in mind the price of the rears ! )

Always open to ideas ! and just so happy to drive this car.....

Cheers,

Neil

Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Originally Posted by lopro
your very correct, I also found in the beginning it was so much to take in. Although it will become like second nature to you after a while. I find once you have some reading time in on the forum it really helps to get the hang of the people and the car(s) Best of luck to you bud. I know what you mean, there is so much to read about it can be daunting to say the least. For me right now im really having a hard time choosing between the many exhaust upgrade choices.

very well put neil, I understand where your coming from an although some wives try to understand because they care for you, most just dont get it. they may even like cars but I have yet to find a woman that shares the passion, If you have found one that does your a lucky , Lucky man!!!!

either way it's very cool that you found a car that gives you a feeling of passion, more so that you found a porsche and can share it with us. Best of luck with it.
Thanks for the warm welcome lopro, I'm glad everyone is not as passionate about their cars as what some owners seem to be. But thats great, its what keeps us different that counts.

Neil
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Car looks great.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Thanks td, I spent a bit more than I wanted to buying the car with import tax etc, but no regrets at all.
Chased the car over the US for a while, trying to complete a deal. Spent a few weekends away just me and the wife driving for hours and staying in places we've never been too.But finally reached a deal after a Colts NFL footballer didn't want the car ( fool )

After doing a lot of research and driving some used P cars, the 09 changes that happened in midd 08 is where I needed to be. This way if the wifey needs to drive it , she can. Stick shift is nice but the clutch would be to aggresive for her, so the PDK was choice for a peaceful life ( if you know what I mean )....not that she wants to drive it , but is able to if need be.

Also found the new PDK to be a great improvement over the past Triptronic transmission....no lag, just go, go, go !

Quick Reply: Recent New Member