Notices

I wouldn't be happy .. Lauzon employee wrecks Lambo in for alignment ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts
Default I wouldn't be happy .. Lauzon employee wrecks Lambo in for alignment ...

http://jalopnik.com/5701493/owner-of...still-fighting

Last month, we shared the story of a Canadian Lamborghini Gallardo owner whose car was wrecked by a mechanic during a test drive. The owner's now launching a new press against the dealer, who has yet to take responsibility.

The owner, Greg_van, took his Gallardo into Audi/Porsche Lauzon in Quebec for an alignment, which turned into $60,000 worth of damage when a mechanic spun it into a light pole. While insurance will cover repairs, the owner wanted the dealership to cover some of the car's lost value. Although the two sides had been talking for six weeks, time has run out:

It's now been over 6 weeks and they've ignored every deadline. Every bit of correspondence from their lawyers basically either implied that they weren't liable or that my car was worth very little ... I'm now fed up and am not going to keep quiet about it anymore. I'm basically asking anyone in a position to pressure Lauzon to do so, anyone who is considering buying a Porsche/audi/vw to buy elsewhere, take your car for service elsewhere, and spread the word about how they treat their customers.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never buy a car from them!

On a serious note: I feel for the guy.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
I will never buy a car from them!

On a serious note: I feel for the guy.
The tech or the owner?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Unbelievable. I can see that after an alignment the car might need to be tested before released. But what kind of nimrod would allow someone that isn't an exceedingly level-headed, mature, responsible person, to perform said test-drive, let alone in the rain? And then to try to duck out of it? WTF is with customer service at Porsche dealerships these days? If I treated our customers this way I'd be long out of business.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys, There is a lot more to the story. van der Gaast bought the car in the USA. It is an older model. Lauzon proposed to repair the car using new parts for anything damaged. They also say that there is no frame damage.

They also offered to buy the car from him at the price he paid for it. van der Gaast has refused and threatens a media campaign.

He has written to PCA (he is not a PCA member, does not own a Porsche - and how could PCA intervene anyway?

Until all the details are out, I prefer to keep a lid on matters and not to assist anyone carrying out a vendetta on a dealer with an outstanding reputation.

Thread closed.

Quick Reply: I wouldn't be happy .. Lauzon employee wrecks Lambo in for alignment ...